How do I display the row number

I have to reate a formula in Cell E8 that will search cells A18 thru A32
looking for the date on 09/16/2006.  When it finds it I need to display the
row number in cell E8.

I am new to excel and I have tried MATCH and VLOOKUP but get an #NA error
with both.
HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks
Dianne

You have already received multiple answers to your first post in the
functions ng, please refrain from multiposting. If not a single one of those
answers worked reply in that same thread.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Dianne" <Dianne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to reate a formula in Cell E8 that will search cells A18 thru A32
> looking for the date on 09/16/2006.  When it finds it I need to display
> the
> row number in cell E8.
>
> I am new to excel and I have tried MATCH and VLOOKUP but get an #NA error
> with both.
> HELP PLEASE!!
>
> Thanks
> Dianne

0
Peo

Combine rows
Hi, I have a data set that looks like this: Code: -------------------- Name City Rating Type Dave London 5 Audi Dave London 4 Ford Dave London 7 BMW Tom Dallas 6 Audi Tom Dallas 9 Bentley -------------------- Is it possible to combine rows so that I have only one row per name? So I need something like this: Code: -------------------- Name City Audi Ford BMW Bentley Dave London 5 4 7 - Tom Dallas 6 - - 9 -------------------- The number of types can vary and not all names...

How do I create Alpha-Numeric Numbering in Word 07? IE: Word_1.0
I need to create a numbering system that includes both Alpha and Numeric characters. Any ideas? If you are referring to static text, it's the same as in previous versions: just type it into the "Number format" box (of the appropriate dialog box). If you have created single-level numbering without attaching it to a paragraph style, place the insertion point in the numbered list. On the Home tab, click the arrow to the right of the Numbering button, and then click Define New Number Format. If you have created single-level numbering and attached it to a paragraph ...

page numbering 03-10-10
I need to start numbering on page 3 with 1 and continue throughout page. Click Insert-> Page Number -> Format -> Page Number -> Page Number Format, choose Start At, 3 "Michelle" wrote: > I need to start numbering on page 3 with 1 and continue throughout page. That's the opposite of what she asked for. Insert a Section Break Next Page before the third page. Then, in the Header (or footer) of Section 2, put the page number where you want it (you didn't say which version of Word, and it's changed greatly in Word2007), and if necessary go...

inserting rows?
we have o2k pro with all updates............we have a very large excel sheet with loads of data. now, when a user is trying to insert a row...he gets this error: "To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear cells to the right and below your data" How do we overcome this error & still insert a row. Please know the autofitter is OFF. cheers is he highlighting a cell and right click and click insert instead suppos if he/she uses menu insert-rows what happens? sphilip <sphilip@discussions.micr...

Displaying prompt
I have edited and created the "Prompt key" in the registry to look like this: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager \Environment\Prompt' the Prompt value is 'prompt $t $d$_$p$g' When I run cmd I get the value that 'prompt $t $d$_$p$g' is supposed to display, but also the user's path. I don't want this current path to be displayed, all I want is the time and date to be displayed. What needs to be done? what am I missing? Thanks in advance At the command prompt enter PROMPT /? it will be apparent ...

Ignoring a row of data
I have column of data in the form: x y 1 6 4 3 6 0 I have plotted x vs y and also calculated the average of y. How can easily ignore a row of data, without deleting it, so that it does no appear in the graphs AND is no longer taken into account when findin the average of the y column - i.e. AVERAGE(B2:B4). HIDE does not see to satisfy the last condition -- Turnipbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Turnipboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Page numbering
Hi, I want to have the "page n of nn pages" to be represented in a specific cell (not using the header functions). Is it possible to do so? Thanks a lot in advance It is possible. This snippet will get you started. Sub dj() Sheets(1).DisplayPageBreaks = True pbRng = Sheets(1).HPageBreaks(1).Location.Address Range(pbRng).Offset(-50, 0) = "Pg 1 of 1" End Sub If the worksheet is using rows with standard height, then the snippet above would put the page number in cell A2. What the code has to do to number all pages is as follows: 1. count a...

Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06
I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click off it goes blank. Fields which are text seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Here are some additional infos: System/Environment Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 Does this happen with every number field? Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail Does it matter what user you are logged in as? No, it doesn't matter! Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well? Yes, it happens ...

Excel Number Formatting
Hi, I’m working on exporting data to Excel in a tab delimited format (TSV) from the AS400. When the numeric or alpha fields are separated by tabs, then each field will show in a separate column in Excel. I noticed a couple things about the numeric data that gets exported to Excel and I was wondering if you knew if it could be fixed or not. One is that when a numeric value is too big for the column (for example, 8863166678), it will show up as 8.86E + 09. However, when you widen the column in Excel, the number shows correctly. Another issue I’ve seen is the number of decim...

Number Format: Convert No. to thousands
Any idea, how to convert an entry of 2,153 be displayed/converted to 2,153,000, i.e. zeros' format? -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz OR if you are looking at converting while you enter the numbers then.. Tools>Options>Edit>check 'Fixed decimal' and adjust 'Places' to minus 3 (-3) Now try entering 1253... -- Jacob "Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote: > Any idea, how to convert an entry of 2,153 be displayed/converted to > 2,153,000, i.e. zeros' format? > -- > Thanx in advance, > Best Regards, > > F...

view row and column headings #2
I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and column headings and the select all button . How do I re-display? On the MenuBar, Tools > Options > View Tab. Check Row & column headers. HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and column headings >and t...

Display Combo Box Text Instead of Key in Table
I have a form with basic member information. One item is Status. I created a table title Status listing the various types of status available and inserted a combo box in my form that references this table. However, I store the result in another table called claim information which contains information related to that specific member (related by ID). If I view the record in the claim information table, it shows the primary key from the Status table (column 0) and not the value displayed on the form (column 1). While I realize this is technically correct, I would prefer if the table...

Non-header or footer page numbers
Win 2002/XP Is there a way to include page numbers within the spreadsheet and not be confined to headers or footers? I have an Invoice created with additional/multiple pages to the invoice created on separate spreadsheets within the workbook. I currently am just using a simple formula to add 'one' to the page number - but I've created this for someone else to use and they are confused with modifiying formulas, etc. Thank you Pat Joram pjoram@monroecc.edu ...

AS400 Data Transfer/Row limitation
I am using the data transfer function to obtain data from our AS400 to excel. I am using a brand new computer, with a new loadset, XP, Excel 2003. I have used this specific tranfer query with other computers with the exact same loadset with no problems. The data is 32,509 rows. When I run the data transfer function from this computer it is cutting of at 16,351 rows, with the error message letting me know that the data will not fit in the spreadsheet. I have asked around and the best advice I have found within my organization is that the data transfer function is "reading" for...

Why doesn't the row height change when the cell format is set to .
I have formatted a column in my workbook to include on the alignment tab to wrap text on those cells. However the wrap does not occur unless I go in and change the row height, when it should do so automatically. ...

Print Range Doesn't Display
I have a multi worksheet file which Vie used without incident for five years. Today, I inserted a page break and also selected a print area. I found that, although the area and page break shows correctly in Print Preview, neither the page break nor the print area outline box appear on the worksheet. The tools | Options | General shows "Display All".. Even more curious, if I do the same on one of the other worksheets in the file, the area displays correctly. -- PT >>The tools | Options | General shows "Display All".. But more on point, is Tools, Options...

Saving a high color image on a 256 color display
Hi, We have a tool (a MFC exe) that generates a bitmap for our splash screen. We run our build by logging on to a Win2k terminal server. Since the terminal server only supports 256 colors, the generated splash screen is color retarded. The tool basically does the normal, blt, DDB-DIB and save operations on the image. Can someone give me a pointer towards solving this issue? Thanks in advance, Lakshmi ...

Macro for detect palindromes and repeats in letters/numbers string
Dear all, I am looking to detect palindromes (sentence or number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction) and repeats (sequences of letters or numbers which are repeating atleast twice within a string) in some strings containing between 20-5000 letters. Has somebody any idea how could I perform that using an Excel macro? I would like that the string to be evaluated could be on cell "A1" and that the detected palindromes and repeats could be listed bellow A2 and C2, respectively; and that the number of times that they appear in the sentence coul...

Settign a Maximum and Minimum Row Height
I'm trying to format my spreadsheet to accomadate a minimum row height, but be able to expand to my largest section. Eg. I want to have my minimum row height as 51, but if the text requires more space then that, it will allow the cell to expand to that height. You will need VBA code to do that; something like this maybe... Sub AutoFitRowHeightWhenNecessary() Dim R As Range Dim CurrentHeight As Double Const MinRowHeight As Double = 51 On Error GoTo Whoops Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each R In Worksheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Rows R.AutoFit ...

My links become #value! when I insert a row
My links in my worksheet become #value! when I insert a row/column. Help! If I understand your problem correctly:- The #VALUE! appears on cells when it's content is too wide for th column width. Try increasing the size of the column so that the actua value can fit. Double Click the line to the right of the column lette at the top of the worksheet (the left border of what looks like th button for each column label) and it will automatically resize th column. If not just resize it to whatever size you want -- jaydevi -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Auto Assign Lot Numbers
We sold and item with lot tracking, SOP is set up to auto assign lot number, and have a FIFO or LIFO valuation method. I know GP takes the first or last receipt. That`s OK. But when we have an Average Valuation Method, wich receipt GP takes? What are the policies? Thanks ...

+ on top of columns & next to rows
I have a spreadsheet that has + on top of the columns and next to the rows. when you click on the + it hides or unhides the row/columns. there are also numbers at the very top left hand corner that when clicked on hides or unhided all of the corresponding rows/columns. I would like to do this to other spreadsheets. Can someone please let me know how this is done? Thanks in advance. Look up "Outline" in the HELP files. It's the same format as when you use subtotals. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the G...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the. #2
How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. One might have had 20 days in a row missed one and then I need to start over. Thanks. Does this work for you? Attendance starting in A1. In B1 enter: =--(A1>0) In B2 enter: =(A2>0)*(1+B1) And drag down to copy as needed. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Number fields
I have a number field for credit cards and it wont take the 16th number, it automatically rounds it to a zero... example 4888 6032 1234 5678 if input will show 4888 6032 1234 5670........ I have tried validation etc and it still shows a 0.... Any suggestions. Larry Use text format or precede the entry with an apostrophe -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Larry" <larry.burke@alaskaair.com> wrote in message news:b2d601c3ec44$0d654de0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a number field for credit cards and it wont take > the 16th number, it automatically rounds it to a zero... >...