how do I display the name of a worksheet automatically in a cell?

I use a rolling 12 months spreadsheet that has a sheet for each month of
activity, and is a home sheet of rother workbooks to connect to and pick up
relevant data. As I delete old sheets and add clone new ones I have to
manually change the title cell name of the sheet to the proper month. I would
like to be able to just change the name of the tab, (example: "Sep_05"), and
have that name propagate to the title cell on that page.

See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html

In article <EF733ED6-CCE3-4C98-9057-C1877562975A@microsoft.com>,
 Archie N. <Archie N.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I use a rolling 12 months spreadsheet that has a sheet for each month of
> activity, and is a home sheet of rother workbooks to connect to and pick up
> relevant data. As I delete old sheets and add clone new ones I have to
> manually change the title cell name of the sheet to the proper month. I would
> like to be able to just change the name of the tab, (example: "Sep_05"), and
> have that name propagate to the title cell on that page.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/22/2005 3:21:03 PM
Excellant!! Your information is superb! Thank you very much JE!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> See
>
>     http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html
>
> In article <EF733ED6-CCE3-4C98-9057-C1877562975A@microsoft.com>,
>  Archie N. <Archie N.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I use a rolling 12 months spreadsheet that has a sheet for each month of
> > activity, and is a home sheet of rother workbooks to connect to and pick up
> > relevant data. As I delete old sheets and add clone new ones I have to
> > manually change the title cell name of the sheet to the proper month. I would
> > like to be able to just change the name of the tab, (example: "Sep_05"), and
> > have that name propagate to the title cell on that page.

0
ArchieN (1)

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Single click selects multiple cells

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Renaming Partial File Names

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...

display in taskbar in excel 2000
Hello, Have a problem! I work with Office 2000 and excel does not open more than onw screen in the taskbar. Windows in Taskbar, I checked in Excel. Clustered display is turned off in the properties of the Taskbar. Can anyone help me with this problem prog, get it only if I 2x open excel. Regards Rob Hi Rob, I can't figure out what exactly what is happening in your excel but try this, Go to TOOLS (Menu Bar) then OPTIONS, in VIEW tab just CHECK the Windows in Taskbar. Hope this will help. ~jaeson ...

ACC: How to Display Line Numbers on Subform Records
I found this article on MS' website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q120913/ but ran into problems when I pasted the code and tried to compile it. It gives a Compile Error: Method or data member not found when it reached the line below: RS.FindFirst "[" & KeyName & "] = " & KeyValue and it highlights "FindFirst". I have a sub-form (child) of a parent form's and I have a variable in the child that the user currently manually increments from 1,2,3 and so forth. Can this not be done w/o the user's intervention? Hi, ...

Parameters to open SO Manager with your credentials automatically?
Does anyone know of either shortcut target line parameters that would cause you to automatically log in with a specific user/password combo; or even a command prompt parameter? Thanks! ...