How do I display a 'tick' on excel 2007?

How do I set up my keyboard or what options do I activate to display a 'tick'
symbol on Excel (2007 version)?

Format the cell with the Marlett font and insert the character:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"Hard Working" wrote:

> How do I set up my keyboard or what options do I activate to display a 'tick'
> symbol on Excel (2007 version)?

Export WPX4 Address book to MS Word 2007?
Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word 2007 for use in addressing envelopes etc.? I have the home and school version of 07. Thanks, Rich Mercer Word doesn't have an address book. It utilises the contacts list of Outlook, which of course the student version of Office does not include. It *may* be possible to extract the data from your WP address book to a Word table to use as a data source for mail merge, but I suspect you may have to do this from Word Perfect. If you still have access to WP, check if it has an option to export to a comma delim...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Opening Access without Menus displayed
Access 97 I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all the Startup functions etc. The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do not show. Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well? My form close event also quits the application. I intend to provide this as an mde. Any ideas gratefully appreciated Piri Piri wrote: &...

Difficult Excel Question
I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet you wish to look at, I would like the name to chance depending on a name supplied by a cell. If anyone can solve this, please e-mail me rthakrar49@hotmail.com =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!A1:H100"),3,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rthakrar49@hotmail.com" <rthakrar49@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BDA5D08-0AD1-43D2-A572-58900081D412@microsoft.com... > I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet ...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

Display System Time running real time
Hi how to display the system date time running real time in Dialog, including seconds ? I know declaring like: SYSTEMTIME systime; ZeroMemory(&systime,sizeof(SYSTEMTIME)); GetSystemTime(&systime); // gets current time then access the SYSTEMTIME structure: typedef struct _SYSTEMTIME { WORD wYear; WORD wMonth; WORD wDayOfWeek; WORD wDay; WORD wHour; WORD wMinute; WORD wSecond; WORD wMilliseconds; } SYSTEMTIME; but how to get it running in realtime as it elapses seconds by seconds like 8:56:01 AM Monday, December 02, 2008 ......

Blank Project on MS Project Pro 2007 startup
Does anyone have a code snippet for closing the blank project that is opened when opening project? Or is there a checkbox I have missed that will do this. Hello WJM, You can set Project to open the last file on startup in Tools > Options, General tab. However, I believe there is currently an error in Project 2007 where opening the last file on startup causes an incorrect error message. When you open an existing project plan the Project1 file is closed for you. I guess I'm not sure that a clicking a button to run a macro is any better than using the built in close ...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Excel Tool Bars
Lately, when I open Excel, the top Excel name bar and the bottom tool bar are not on the screen. It appears that the worksheet is too large to be contained on the screen. Hi Bailey, Can't tell from your description, so just trying to grasp at straws.. -- are the toolbars floating, if so drag to correct position so the become docked Applies to toolbars but not the name box and address bar. -- do you have problems in other applications, i.e. Display settings, screen resolutions -- is the zoom control at 100% -- What happens in Full Screen mode and in restore (buttons upper right...

using excel from dotnet
situation: I'm working on a new app in vbexpress 2008 using acad com interop Also need to write extracted data to excel. problem: At home(laptop) i have excel 10. At the office excel 12. (both seem to have excel5 listed in refs.) I need to work at both locations. can i reference both 10 and 12 in the same vbproj (i think not) can i just reference 5 and is that just an older version with common (but not the latest) interface? i guess i can just have 2 vbproj files (one on laptop one at work) and just copy the .vb class files that are being edited back and forth, not cop...

Remove a document from a workspace in Excel 2007
I have a user who created a workspace and included a file that he now wants to remove from the workspace. Is there a way to remove one file from a workspace? Thank you. ...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Excel 2000/2003 conflict
Whenever I try to open excel files created using 2000, 2003 gives me errors on simple formulas. For example, a SUM formula is marked as an error and displays a wrong number, when I go up to the formula bar and hit enter without changing the conents it recalculates to the right answer. There is many more errors such as "inconsistent formula" or "lost visual basic project" which doesn't allow a 2000 file open without repair. Is there anything I can download to fix all of this together or will I have to fix them all by hand? Does this have to do anything with the differen...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

Using TEXT and &TEXT
I'm familiar with the TEXT function, but sometimes a number will display incorrectly when I format numbers to display with a comma if 4 digits or more. For example, TEXT(F1,"0,0") will display 10 thru 999 correctly and displays 1000 correctly as 1,000, but displays 1 thru 9 as 01, 02, etc. Also wondering how to format part of a TEXT formula to underline, and bold or color selected words. Maybe you want: =text(f1,"#,###") or =text(f1,"#,##0") If this doesn't help, maybe you could post the values and what you want to see for a few exa...

compare information from two spreadsheets or excel sheets
Don't know if any one can help, I am trying to find an easy way to compare data from one spread sheet to another on Excel 2000. Every week I create a spreadsheet and need to find out if any further items added on it. example old spreadsheet would be called Andrews 19.04.2010 with 3 sheets 4 columns on each. The new one would be Andrews 26.04.2010 same set up again but possibley new items on the Andrews 26.04.2010 Add a fifth corresponding column on the NEW sheet and insert the following formula in the first cell: =SUMPRODUCT((OldSheet!A:A=A1)*(OldSheet!B:B=B1)*(OldShee...

Multiple 2d charts in a 3d display
I'm trying to get a visual representation of a database of info regarding loan analysis using a line graph. I want the data to show line items of widely varying values, and the lines I have come out flat in some instances because the y-axis is calibrated for up to six figures for some values, but single digits for others. Is there any way to create several 2d charts, then "stack" them up on a non-contiguous z-axis? ...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

Create/Update Excel Objects in Power Point
I developed an add-in in Power Point 97, 2000, XP and 2003 for creating Excel charts/tables and being able to update them. The code I used is below: Dim PPT_CHRT As OLEFormat Dim PPT_SLD As Slide 'ADD a chart/table PPT_SLD.Shapes.AddOLEObject Left:=var_chrt_L, Top:=var_chrt_T, Width:=var_chrt_W, Height:=var_chrt_H, ClassName:="Excel.Chart.8", Link:=msoFalse Set PPT_CHRT = PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).OLEFormat PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).Select 'EDIT chart/table Set PPT_SLD = ActivePresentation.Slides(var_SHP_SLD_no) Set PPT_CHRT...

Copy and display a range
Is it possible to have the contents of a named range copied and pasted into a new location. Ideally the ranges would be on sheet 2, and on sheet 1 there would be a selection cell. When a range name was selected from a drop-down list the contents of that range would be retrieved from sheet 2 and displayed on sheet 1. Thanks. Hi if your selection dropdown is in cell A1 you could use (for a single cell): =INDIRECT(A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ken G." <KenG@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:13AB03A1-AE1A-4D8C-AB5E-9A545DFEF1D3@microsof...

Comparing two excel files
I work with large data in excel. Most of the time I need to match two different worksheets. Both worksheets always have two columns that contains same data (name & ID). What would be the best way to match names and ID to obtain a new file with data that couldn't match? if Excel good to do that or should I use other software like Access? please advise. Look at Chip Pearson's page on working with Duplicates and Uniques http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Alexandra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1091601c3f335$a...