How do I disable the ActiveX Control prompt?

I have a ActiveX Control in an Excel spreadsheet workbook. And this workbook
will be called and run automatically twice every day. But there is this
prompt which say that ActiveX controls might be unsafe and the program will
be hanging there awaiting for the user to click Yes or No. How can I disable
this prompt?

Thanks!
Keith!
0
Keith1 (152)

disable print
I would like to force the users of my program to use my print command... and not be able to use the standard excel options to print... can I disable those buttons/options like >> File/print >> Print icon >> etc.... In my experinece you are better off to let the user do what they want how they want. The trick is to catch when they are doing things in ways you would like to alter in some way. To that end XL has a Before Print event that you can catch. Right click on the XL icon in the upper left corner of Excel and choose View Code. This will take you into ...

Prompted to accept terms and cond for every prog every time its op
I run Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2003 Professional. I have only been up and running for about a week now. Everythinng has worked out fine other than being prompted to accept the terms and conditions for each program in office, every time that they are opened up. Anybody have any ideas? I encountered a similar problem with Vista and Office. Every time one of the office products opened, it went through the reconfiguration process. I know it's not the same as your problem, but the solution might be the same. From this link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forum...

"Combo Box
Greetings, I am using a combo box from the control toolbar and every time I print or print preview, it moves the combo box placement on the worksheet. How can I get the combo box to stay in place? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly mention this fix, it's in there). http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;e...

tab control position when opening form
I have a form with a tab control that contains several pages. On some of the pages I have a button that opens another form and closes the form with the tab control. I want to be able to return to the same page on the tab control the next time the original form is opened. Is this possible? Open the form and then set focus to the tab page. I always name my tab pages and tab controls to something relevant so they say something other than page85 which has no meaning. DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRisks", , , "RiskID = " & Me.lstRiskID Forms!frmRisks!TabCtlRisksFo...

List Control and DC
Hello, all: I am wondering if the following is possible. If so, any tips or code snippets would be much appreciated. Thank you. I have a CListCtrl with a lot of items in it. I am trying to copy the list control to a CBitmap. I can copy it correctly, but I run into problems when the list control has more items than are viewable in the client area. For example, if the list control can only display three items and I have ten items to display, the list control will only display the first three items and display a scroll bar, indicating there are more items if I scroll down. I want t...

List control #5
Hi, I'm using listctrl in report view, How to fix the width of the column ? (i.e., the user should not be able to increase or decrease the width of the columns). Handle to HDN_BEGINTRACK notification returns void, this is the which handles the HDN_BEGINTRACK notification. How to modify this so that column width is fixed. void CNewGUIDlg::OnBegintrackList1(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { HD_NOTIFY *phdn = (HD_NOTIFY *) pNMHDR; // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here *pResult = 0; } CNewGUIDlg is my base class. Thank you. ...

Dialog Controls
I want to dynamically move controls to x,y coordinates (I am skinnning my app and will retrieve coordinates from ini) I am stuck. Nothing I do is working. I can retreve the coordinates, but how do I set them? CRect Rect; ScreenToClient(&Rect); m_List2.GetWindowRect(&Rect); //ListBoxControl TRACE("X=%d,Y=%d",Rect.top,Rect.left); How they heck do you set them, I tried MoveWindow(Rect) and it doesnt seem to work. Any help would be apprecaited greatly! Thanks, Scott Kraemer Scott Kraemer wrote: > I want to dynamically move controls to x,y coordinates (I am skinnn...

OWA 5.5 login prompt on window close
As far as I know this just began happening regularly (but of course, not on every machine). In the past, it was spotty, now it appears that it happens to a lot of users, but not all. They login to OWA using a stored link, either in their favorites or from a website. They get in and can open 1 message. As soon as they close the message/window and click on another link, OWA brings up the login screen within that new window. It seems to only happen when a pop-up window has been opened. If I'm just clicking back and forth from inbox to calendar or contacts, the issue never hap...

Using IP Control
Hi i have to use IP Control on Dialog to get IP from user, But after this i have to use it in sockets where it should be char* or String form. But IP Control only allow to attach control type variable which is of type CIPControl. Could anybody plz tell me how to use/converrt it in string form.Any sort of datatype conversion etc??? Thanx >i have to use IP Control on Dialog to get IP from user, But after this >i have to use it in sockets where it should be char* or String form. The CIPAddressCtrl allows you to enter a dotted numerical address. If you need to pass a name, you could use...

Calendar control conversion issue
Hi all, I still do most of my development at home using Access97. At work, I convert the FE to the default 2000 format on a computer running Access 2002(or maybe it's 2003, I'm not sure which). I can then distribute that converted FE to either Access 2002/2003 and Access 2007 computers and everything works fine. Someone showed up with Access 2010 and the Calendar Control that I use (MSCAL.Calendar.7 on the Access97 computer) produces a "cannot open object" (or similar) error message when I try to open the form that contains that control. I've not run into othe...

Disable "Validating signatures"
When I open sign emails in OWA(Exchange 2003) it takes for every to "Validating signatures...". After a while it stops, when I double click on the certificate it shows "Status: Revocation Check Failure - The validity of the digital ID can't be determined because the server that provides this information can't be contacted". I want to disable this, I don't want it to check for validation. Thanks. ...

Destroying ActiveX control
Hi All, I have MDI application, each MDI view contains property pages, each page hosts WebBrowser control. My problem is that when I close MDI document, occasionally the "Unhandled exception" occurs. This causes crash (not always...). All pointers up to COleControlSite destructor look ok for me... The error occurs at m_pObject->Close(OLECLOSE_NOSAVE); I'm lost... Any ideas? Stack trace: ntdll.dll!_DbgBreakPoint@0() ntdll.dll!_RtlpBreakPointHeap@4() + 0x28 ntdll.dll!_RtlpValidateHeapEntry@12() + 0x113 ntdll.dll!_RtlDebugSizeHeap@12() + 0x90 ntdll.dll!_RtlSizeHeap@12() ...

Menu Item Options -> Formulas Disabled for Pivot tables.
I am using Excel 2007 with SQL Server Analysis Services 2008. I want to create calculated measure based on other measures, but I cannot do this for Pivot table. If I go to menu "Options"->"Formulas" I can see that it is disabled. Can anyone let me know how to enable the "Formulas" in Options for Pivot table. Thanks Hi As far as I am aware, there is no method of using Formulas in a PT, when the source is based upon an OLAP cube. -- Regards Roger Govier "Ruchit Shah" <ruchit_shah@persistent.co.in> wrote in message news:uIHflZJ1JHA.143...

command button controlling a range of dates
Hi, I would like to accomplish the following: 1. Have a command button that opens up a popup window. 2. Popup window is to have a calendar where you can select multiple dates (or two calendars where you select start and end date). 3. Popup window will also have three radio buttons, with a value assigned to each choice. 4. The selected date range will show up on the worksheet with each date filled out with a number corresponding to the choice made with the radio button, with each date having its own cell. Am I trying to do too much with excel? Thanks. This can be done in ...

Access 2007: Prevent upgrade prompt when opening old database
Hi, Users can import data into my program by pasting information into an Access 97 database. Obviously the users have later versions of Access, and so when they open my database Access asks whether they want to upgrade it. In previous versions of Access, when you said "no" this was remembered and it didn't ask you again. But Access 2007 keeps asking you every single time you open the database. This is infuriating and it tempts them to mistakenly answer "yes". Is there a way to stop this repeated prompt? Upgrading the database to a later version would cause other probl...

System.Windows.Controls default values
Does anyone know how to determine default values of a UIElement derived object? eg. colour of a TextBox BorderBrush? I set a colour on an error condition, and once that error condition has been rectified I reset the colour to the original value. I may need to store original textbox border colour values of textboxes on startup, but out of curiosity, is there a way of getting at default values eg. if no attribute has been defined in the underlying XAML? Sorted this one out: TextBox t = (TextBox)sender; t.BorderBrush = null; // Revert to default. This does the jo...

Control Object
I have several control objects on a worksheet linke to cells. When i protect the worksheet i cant use the objects (comobo box, text box). Can this be done? Maybe move the links to another worksheet (and even hide that one). Or just unprotect those cells. (maybe you can dedicate a column for these links and then hide the column. That usually stops most people from selecting them.) Larry wrote: > > I have several control objects on a worksheet linke to > cells. When i protect the worksheet i cant use the objects > (comobo box, text box). Can this be done? -- Dave Peterson ...

EDC Verification Disabled
In the database, I have EDC verfication turned off. Also, in Manager for credit cards I have EDC Verification turned off. However, in POS, when I enter a credit card amount in the tender window, it asks me for credit card number and expiration, and it also prints out a receipt w/ customer signature line. How do I turn this off ??? Thanks in Advance - Bob Bob, Change the tender type of your credit card tender to Other. Z0out and then re-start the POS program. -- * "Bob (new user)" <Bobnewuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C06BEA4-1F2C-4DB5-B41A-C...

How to disable working offline?
Hi all! My computer's connected to a LAN in a small office, with Exchange Server 2003. Outlook is XP. I clicked File.Work Offline. I thought I'd be able to disable this, but now the Work Offline command is gone from the file menu. I no longer get email immediately, but have to wait for the scheduled send/receives. And I get prompted when I start outlook whether to connect or not. Is there a way to return to working online? TIA, Doug Doug Lowe wrote: > Hi all! > > My computer's connected to a LAN in a small office, with Exchange > Server 2003. Outlook is XP. I cli...

disable system entities
Hi, How do I make system entites vanish from the main panel (the left TreeView)? For example, I want that marketing module will not show the "Lead" entity. When I try to customize system enetites, the check boxes that are responsible for displaying the entities in modules and myworkarea are dimmed (disabled). I also want to have the oppertunities displayed in the marketing module (again the check boxes are dimmed) I have all the credentials for customization. You can set priviledge so that the unused entities are not visible to users. Just go to security role setting and clear th...

Active X control in dialog
Hello. I'm trying to add a homegrow Active X control into my dialog (rigth click on dialog and select "Insert Active X Control"). When I do this I get the following Error messages: 1: " The Active X control cannot be instantiated" 2: ".... is not a valid Active X control. It is missing a required interface" If we try this using ATL or VC 7.1 this works fine. But VC 6 with MFC will not work. Does anyone have a link or a list of all interfaces that have to be implemented in order for the Active X control to be available in the dialog. Thanks ...

Cannot access windows update via Control Panel
But I can access windows update if I first start IE8 and select windowsupdate from the Tools menu. When I try to access windows update via Control Panel, I get this message: 1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options. 2. Click the Security tab. 3. Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites... 4. Uncheck the "require server verification" checkbox. 5. Make sure the following URLs are listed in the Web Sites list box: * http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com * http://*.windowsupdate.com I followed the ...

Prompt for 'no subject', Outlook 2007
How can I get Outlook 2007 to prompt me to fill in the subject line of an email? I have Googled and have only come across the tip that involves writing a macro. That is not satisfactory as the macro is not saved when Outlook is closed. TIA Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. Dr Teeth wrote at 17.07.2007 : > How can I get Outlook 2007 to prompt me to fill in the subject line of > an email? There is no option, (btw. AFAIK in all outlook versions), if you real...

Multi-line v2.0 richedit control
Surprised that I can find anyone else having this problem, but Richedit control version 2.0 (riched20, class-name richedit20A/W) has a serious quirk to do with the fact that for all EM_ specific messages (eg EM_GETSELTEXT), end-of-line is represented by a single carriage-return, for GetWindowText/GetWindowTextLength, EOL is represented by CR+LF. This means that if you use the result from GetWindowText/GetWindowTextLength to determine how to select/modify text inside your rich-edit, your offsets will be out for all but the first line. This is especially problematic when you're using 3rd par...

How to contain a propertysheet with several propertypages and other controls in a dialog?
I want the dialog to contain a propertysheet and other controls. The propertysheet has several propertypages. How to realize it? See if this helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/propertysheet/article.php/c567/ AliR. <curiosity5374@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:1134399285.010798.45290@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I want the dialog to contain a propertysheet and other controls. The > propertysheet has several propertypages. How to realize it? > Try reading the documentation on property sheets, or the code examples in MSDN. joe On 12 Dec 2005 06:54:4...