How do I delete the test documents in my recent documents?

I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent
documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me?

Go into Options and set your MRU list to zero.

Close Excel and restart.

Reset the list to whatever you like.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:17:01 -0800, mrjack
<mrjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent
>documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me?

0
Gord

Test #46
Test ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Outlook won't allow me to delete message
I tried to forward an email message and it did not work. The message sat in the Outbox after the rest of the messages where sent. I then clicked on the message and 'forwarded' it. That message was sent. When I then tried to delete the original message in the 'Outbox' folder, it will not allow it and gives me the following message: 'This message interface has produced an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart Outlook. When I restarted Outlook (three times) the message still appears when I try to delete it. Everything else works fine and I can continu...

Cannot Delete a rule in the Rules Wizard
I am running Outlook 2002. I am trying to delete a rule in the rules wizard (I no longer want certain email to be sent to a special folder). In the 'Apply rules in the following order' box, I click the rule to delete. I then click delete (as directed by the Outlook help files). When I try to click OK, it gives the following message: 'A value in the Rule Description box has not been set..to set a value, click underlined words at the bottom of the Rules Wizard'. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks, Howard ...

ActiveX looking differently in test container and Excel
Hi, I developed a test ActiveX. When I run it into VC6 test container tool, it's all right: its content is painted into the bounding box of the ActiveX. Instead, when I run it into Excel, its content is painted into a new window. This is a 3D rendering window, created by Coin3D library. It's managed by a class called SoWinExaminerViewer. The class ctor wants a HWND as a "parent window" (e.g. a static control in a dialog box, etc.). As parent window, I use in my code the m_hWnd member of the ActiveX. It is OK when the ActiveX is run into VC6 test container, but a new wind...

Outlook Express deletes attachments #2
My parents tried to open an attachment and it states that OEM has deleted the attachments and puts a lock symbol in front of the e-mail. How can this be fixed and how can I unlock the e-mail after it is fixed. ...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

can't delete inbox on Outlook 6
I need help in deleting 368 messages in the in basket on my boss' computer. Trying all the obvious methods of deleting, the program does not react to anything. (delete key on keyboard, command on menu, etc.) I know there must be a way to remove these messages (one is increidbly long and perhaps the villian...been in the inbox since early October!). Since this is my boss' computer, is there anyone that can make me look like a hero? thanks, debe Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a q...

delete ghost spaces
Got this code.... Doesnt always work for some reason. Any alternate way to put this? (Or is something wrong with it?) Sub eat_spaces() Dim c As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual For Each c In Range("G2:T1500") c = Replace(c, " ", "") Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub I'm going to guess some of your spaces are non-breaking spaces (usually acquired from webpage text), so try using this line of code i...

deleting duplicate rows
I have an import file that might have duplicates that I don't want to deal with. I'm creating a temp table from the import file and want to delete the duplicates from the temp table before proceding with other code. Here's an example table: create table #temp (itemnum int, firstname varchar(10), notes varchar(50)) insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some other note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (2, ...

Delete drop down list
I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I have a list that is no longer useful and would like to delete it from the worksheet (To clarify: I am talking about removing the list from the list of list names that appears when using the F3 key) Thank you -- MZ Select the range. From menu Data>Validation>Select 'Any value' OR If you dont have data in those cells from menu Edit>Clear>All -- Jacob "MZ" wrote: > I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I > have a l...

just testing connectivity
alt.test "Test1" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:%23EVqQ9T2EHA.1860@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

Outlook keeps deleting emails
subject says it all... about a week ago, i noticed that a week's worth of email had been deleted from my inbox, but all of the emails in the subfolders were all there. after resetting my views on the delete folder, i was able to see all of my missing emails and recover them all. then it happened again - several days worth of emails just go to the delete folder. it has happened several times now, and everytime the emails end up in the delete folder. some emails have been read, others were still unread. we are using exchange 2003 for our email server and my computer is ...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

retrieving deleted items
If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those without doing a restore? They aren't in her deleted items. if you have DIR configured on that mailbox store, you can recover them by selecting the deleted items folder, and selecting Tools, Recover deleted items from the menu in Outlook... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW$YsTMOGHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those > without doing a restore? They aren'...

This Document has been removed from Sales Order Processing History #2
Hi, We have imported data from GP Version 7.0 to GP Version 9.0. We did not upgrade it. All the history and all the transactions were imported into verions 9.0. Now I am trying to using Sales Inquiry from Inquiry >> Sales >> Transaction by Customer. Selected a customer, all details appeares including invoices, payments and other documents. But when I try to drill down on one SOP invoice I get above mentioned error. I checked the Sales Order Processing module, I found those documents and tried to drill down on them, it worked fine. But not from Receivable side. I have al...

interview and test prepation site
http://www.ittopinterviewquestions.com ...

Locate and delete specific cells
I need to locate all cells that have a specific value, then delete those cells and the cells to the immediate left of those with the specified value. Once the cells are deleted, I want to shift the remaining cells up. I have worksheets with names and values. The values are frequently "NA". I need to delete the values of NA and the name associated with that value, I then want to shift everything up so as to remove all the blanks. Right now I anm doing it manually, and I am sure there is an easier way of doing it. You can do that directly withour first deleteing the values, sele...

Deleting multiple rows through a formula
So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of re-occuring data in a spreadsheet. For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated? Mike you may be able to use the advance filter where can select unique records only. select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column select unique records only then ok then just ...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

test
tesdt ...

Hidden Rules, Deleted Accts, & Delegates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5B9DA.DDE21EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft has just fixed an instance of a known problem in exchange - as = described in = http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/09/listing_which_e.html : The comment from Jason Krueger gives me an answer to a perplexing issue = I've been trying to resolve. We're using Exchange Server 2003 with = Outlook 2003, when you use the Outlook client to add a Delegate and then = subsequently delete t...

Locking a publisher document
I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write protect it. On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:45:16 +0000, Megan wrote (in article <58FA818E-4A5B-4988-AF52-7C348750D7CC@microsoft.com>): > I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in > Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who > will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write...