how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?

You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file
names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list...

In Excel 2003
Tool->Options->General
Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box.
Click 'OK'

Word has a similar option.

For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised
unless you understand it well) see
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-powerpoint/
"john" wrote:

> how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Opening Excel Workbooks

cant start outlook pst file to large

help with simple maths in excel

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query

How do I save a Publisher Document as a JPEG file?
I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I desperately need to sent this email and it's not working!! Desperately seeking jpeg wrote: > I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a > Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to > save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that > option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I > desperately need to...

Distrebution List to send as internal user
I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails sales@mydomain.com it should... Distribute it to the sales team. Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com Any ideas? Thanks Peretz Stern wrote: > I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails > sales@mydomain.com it should... > > Distribute it to the sales team. > Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com > > Any ideas? Thanks If someone outside your office sends mail to a DL, it will be from the original sender. I can't think of any way around...

auto complete replacement list
Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in through the auto complete options and adding them one by one. Thanks Tangy Auto Complete or Auto Correct? Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in contiguous cells above where you are now entering data. There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit. Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers...

Windows wont start with USB printer plugged in
I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected. In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes. In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer. In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer. If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine. Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer. But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the BIOS splash screen. Dell in one case,...