How do I delete cells in Excel without changing the data in others

I want to get rid of some of the rows in my spreadsheet but the data in the
ones I am leaving behind are linked by formulas? As soon as I delete them all
the data goes from the the others.
0
gemma (3)

Gemma,

I may not understand your situation.  An example of what I think you're
saying is:  Cell A2: A1+1.  You want to delete cell A1, but leave A2 with the
value it currently has.

If this is the case, you need to copy A2 and the, using paste special, paste
the value back into A2.  This way A2 no longer has any formula at all and
will remain unchanged when you delete A1.

          Art

"Gemma" wrote:

> I want to get rid of some of the rows in my spreadsheet but the data in the
> ones I am leaving behind are linked by formulas? As soon as I delete them all
> the data goes from the the others.
0
Art1645 (139)

Using Relative path for XML data file?