How do I create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)?

I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points.

Whoever helped you post this question, have them help you do a google search
on "WBS Excel"

On Dec 4, 10:26=A0am, Brian 76 <Brian 7...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points.

Be sure you are using the WBS correctly!  I cover using excel for this
in my WBS Training at http://WBSCoach.com

Josh Nankivel
1
Josh

Newsgroups doesn't work
When using MS Newsgroups, I am able to navigate to any category with no problem. Once in however, when I see a message of interest, I can read the question but when I click the + sign for the response, the + changes to - but the response does not appear. When I click on "Contact us", I select one of the threer choices then click continue. Nothing happens. I've tried every way to contact Microsoft on my machine , all unsuccessful. I'm sending this plea on my daughters machine. I've tried twice to get some help from Dell to no avail. I apologize for posting this...

Tag and Structure info in Publisher 2003 for PDF conversion
Hello All, I wish to have my Publisher 2003 files structure show up after I convert them to PDF. It with Word 2003; that is, once I convert a Word doc to PDF the bookmarks are automatically carried over into the PDF doc, making for easy page navigation. Presently, I have to manually create my PDF bookmarks. That is a drag. There should be a way since Publisher preserves the Styles and Formatting when I import a Word doc into Publisher. Any ideas on this. Thanks in advance for your support. Publisher is strictly a page layout application, it will print to the PDF printer just as it i...

Alt + A doesn't work in Payables Trx Entry Distribution Window
In Version 9, there's a problem with the Alt+A keyboard shortcut in the Payables Trx Entry Distribution Window. When you use the Alt+A it accessed Transactions from the Menu rather than selcting the Default button from the Distribution Window. There are other problems with Alt + keys as well so I'm sure this just needs to be added to the problem report list. Thanks, Peggy Aitken Aitken Accounting Services (972) 365-8611 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

SDK question
I've done a bunch of work with the SDK but can't seem to get add a campaign response, I've verified that my credentials are fine as I can perform a lot of other functions but can't nail this one down. Is there anyway to get a more meaningful error message than "Server can't process request"? Here's my code: Dim service As New CrmService Dim myCreds As System.Net.NetworkCredential = New System.Net.NetworkCredential myCreds = GetMyCredentials() service.Credentials = myCreds ' Get Current User Id D...

Create Folders and Write To Hard Disk Other than C:
My app can generate many gigabytes of data files (several megabytes each) per the user choice. For those who wonder, this happens over many hours and or days. I am making XP and up a requirement for using the app. So, for XP and up how do I do the following: (1)Set permissions on a different hard drive (other than C:) to read, write and delete data files. (a)for this user (b)for all users (common data). (2)Create a folder (assumes this is different than "normal"). I may be totally wrong, but I assume that reading, writing and deleting the file in this fo...

How to create chart with 1 column and 3 lines
IF This type of chart not in Standarad or Custom Types. THANK YOU Hi, Start by creating a standard column chart. Now select 1 of the column series that you want as a line. Right click and chose Chart Types. Select Line chart. That should have now changed the data series to a line. Select another column and this time press F4, which will repeat the last action. Repeat for the final series. Or maybe its easier to create a line chart of all 4 and the change 1 series to column using the same technique as above. Cheers Andy agenda9533 wrote: > IF > This type of chart not in Standara...

IMF filter updates not working
I have IMFv2 running on a Win 2003 SP1/Exchange 2003 SP2 running but the IMF updates aren't working. When I go to the MS Update site it's not listing any new updates even though I have the registry value ContentFilterState set to 1. I've restarted the SMTP service after making the change - it didn't help. I copied the folder with the latest IMF update "6.5.7869.0" from a working server and restarted the SMTP service - is that enough to make it use the new definitions or do I have to unregister the old DLL and register the new one? Thanks! ...

export to .pdf from MS works spreadsheet?
If anyone can tell me how to do this I'd be very grateful. Everywhere I go with these spreadsheets, which are in .xlr or 'Microsoft Works Spreadsheet' format, they open up differently (margins and colors are different) depending on what version of 'Excel' or 'Works' the printers use. I've had no luck with the help texts, can anyone tell me how to get these files into .pdf format?? Is it an IMPORT function of adobe acrobat I need to examine? Many thanks in advance, Tom Wailea, HI You need to buy a program that creates the PDF file. They typically set...

How do I make my msn email work on 2003 Outlook?
Can anyone help me fill in the boxes so that my emial will work on Outlook. I bought a new hard drive and the guy didn't suggest that I write down my email setting. I saved my personal files, but it didn't save my email accounts. It worked fine before I installed the new hard drive. You have a Hotmail account? Then install the Outlook Connector and fill in your email address and password. You can download the Outlook Connector here; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9A2279B1-DF0A-46E1-AA93-7D4870871ECF -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configurin...

How do I resize my work from poster to A4?
Hello I have made a poster which includes text boxes and photos which spreads over 4 A4 pages. I now need to print this A4 size due to lack of space. If I go file, page setup and select A4 only the paper size changes and all the photos stay the original size (too large). Can you help Thanks Some printers will scale documents down to fit. If yours doesn't, convert the poster to a .pdf file and print that as an A4. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How to I create a Project with Start Date = Unknown
HI, I would like to create a Project and want to add all the TASKS, BUT I dont want to link it to a specifc Start date as this is still unknown, The Start date will be the contract signature date which is unknow. Is there anyway I can create the Project to start on a Unknown date? and then Project still shows you in DAYS, not dates how long the project would take? Somone mention Start date should = T0, (T ZERO) but have no idea what that means -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online....

Mail merge working erratically
I use a calculated field from Excel as a mail merge in Word. We hav changed from Office 2K to office XP. From then on there is a decima overflow. If my data in excel is 0.06, the same in word is reflecte as 5.666666666666669 etc. Some one kindly help. I did not have thi problem in office 2k:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi krishca , If the column were text, you won't have the problem, but since it is a numeric field in Excel XP you would want to ... In the Confirm Data Source dialog box, click the MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls), and then ...

Hotmail Junk/Spam filter - Doesn't work
Many people have found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam folder. Is there any way of disabling this non-helping feature? You can set it to low - but of course that is useless. Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam folder in your POP3 email program? That would work ok. Once you use an email program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check your messages. That's the whole point of using an email program. To get away from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail. To make matters even worse Microsoft deletes th...

Create array
I have a row in which I have an undefined number of merged cells (Varying in the number of cells that each merged cell is comprised of). I now need to populate a userform combobox with the values. I tried doing Me.combobox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!Q1:MN1" but the cbo only has the first value appear. How can I get the full list of the merged cell values into the cbo? Thank you QB If they are really merged cells, all the data is in the first (topmost left) cell. If the data is separated by some delimiting character, you can load the combobox with a routine simi...

I can't create new account!!!
Hi, When i try to create a new account the system gives me this error message "This record has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't be saved". Then i did checklink for the financial and the system showed two error messages, the first "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'frl_acct_code' with unique index 'XPKfrl_acct_code' ", and the second one "The stored procedure glCLAccountMSTR returned the following error results: DBMS: 2601, Great Plains: 0." Any quick will...

Help with rules not working #2
Hi: I'm continuing to experience problems with Rules working. This time, I have Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2000 Server, set up to run on a PC (Win XP pro). I'm connected to that PC with a remote desktop session that is always open. None of the rules work unless I run them manually (even rules that are server side). Does anyone know if a command line switch (or anything else) will work to ensure that rules actually run automatically? Thanks for any suggestions -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

hyperlinks stopped working
I have a simple spreadsheet listing all my images I frequently print. I thought it a good idea to print them to .prn files then create a link to the prn file so I just had to click on it and hey presto. (Prn files have been associated with a printtofile batch with the following) copy /b %1 LPT1 This has worked fine and I now have a large list ready but then I had to re-install windows. I put all the prn files on the same drive with the same drive letter but now they will not work. If I double click these prn files in explorer they print ok so there must be a problem with the links. I hav...

Creating word documents in SharePoint
Not sure if this is an SBS question or SharePoint so I posted in both NG's. I got an SBS 2008 server using WSS3.0 for companyweb. I want clients to be able to create new Word documents as opposed to creating them then uploading them. however I do not have the "Word" option when I am in any of the Documents Libraries and select "new". All I see is "New Folder". How do I add this option. Thanks. ...

Cannot create newsgroup under the name "all"
I have Exchange 2003 server installed on Windows 2003 server. When I create newsgroup "all" or something.all or something.all.something I get error "The filename, directory name< or volume label syntax is incorrect." The same error if Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 server. Why? Anybody help me? ...

Formulas no longer working...
I have been using a spreadsheet i designed for a stock system for nearl 2 years now. Its been updated and changed here and there constantly eve since... although i haven't made any changes at all in the last week o two. I use the sheet weekly, to show the IN/OUT movements of stock fo the whole week. Now the problem is, i came to it yesterday to update it for th suppliers stocks, and the formulas have stopped working. All of them They only update if i click the Save icon. Whats happened? My virus definitions are up to date, and have done system scans both i Safe Mode and Normal mode and ...

Can you add a KPI that works like a speedometer?
Dear all, I want to visualize our performance in a speedometer like KPI. Which looks like below with a needle to point the status 100% 95% .. ..105% .. .. 75%.. .. 125% In awaitence of your reply. Thanks in advance Mark Sterckel Customer Service manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sugg...

Activex component can't create object
I have a excel add-in installed on my system. When i try to work on the add-in i get the following error "activex component cant create object". Please help on this. I think your add-in has some reference to a DLL or OCX and this DLL/OCX doesn't exists in yout computer or has different version. -- Rodrigo Ferreira Regards from Brazil "Naveen" <Naveen@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:1486779D-E45D-4942-83AA-88F27DBC0A49@microsoft.com... >I have a excel add-in installed on my system. When i try to work on the > add-in i get the fo...

Switchboard Button Does Not Work
I've created many switchboards in previous versions of MS Access but this is the first one I've done in Access 2007 and I've come across a problem that has not occurred before. I currently have 2 swichboards (the main one, and a secondary one that is reached via a button on the main). When the database is first opened, all the buttons work fine. However, when I run a routine that imports data and then carries out a number of validity checks on that data (again, something that I have done numerous times in the past), the button on the main switchboard that links me to the se...

How to get outlook working
I am using Outlook 2000. Is there a difference between outlook and outlook express? How do get this started so that I can send and receive e-mail from there? When I try to use outlook express I get the following message. "The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'http', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D". I do not know how to set this up properly. AOL is my primary connection to the internet and e-mail now. What d...

Assigning work
Hi there Im trying to set up the procedure for asigning work to some of our employees, but cant seem to restrict what certain users can see. Basically we have a list of contacts that we, well, contact, and I can order them by last date called (so we are always calling the least recently called). However weve got multiple users using the system, and I obviously dont want two people updating the same record. So I set the owners of records to the respective employees, but they can still see all the records from all users. Can I restrict the views (ie active contacts) to only the respectiv...