How do I create a monthly/fortnightly employee roster/timesheet?

Excel timesheet including variable start and finish times for different
employees over a fortnightly period.
Should be capable of charting numerous employees and indicating when they
are on annual leave, on call, rostered on, over-time etc.
Different coloured cells would indicate different duties ie.
ROSTERED ON NORMAL DUTIES
COMPLAINTS NORTH
COMPLAINTS SOUTH/POUND
PARKING
ON CALL

and leave ie.
ROSTERED DAY OFF
ALLOCATED DAY OFF
TIME IN LIEU
PUBLIC SERVICE HOLIDAY
PUBLIC HOLIDAY
APPROVED REC LEAVE
SICK / WORKERS COMP LEAVE
OTHER LEAVE
A legend would be required at top of spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet should automatically calculate hours worked on a daily basis and
at the end of the pay period.
This roster would be appropriate for rangers, police etc. and enable
employees to see who was on duty at a glance.

0
fingers (1)

Creating a newsgroup
*microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript* is living on borrowed time, and I hate web based forums. Where do we go from here? I know it is possible to create a new Usenet group, but I don't know how. I wish someone with more experience would step in. -- Crash Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is refusing treatment. The Classic VB groups are seeking safe haven in the comp.lang.* existing groups. There seems to be some people there that know the procedure for new group creation. The m.p.vb.general.discussion group is still up as of right now, but already one of the Access NGs is g...

Find Date Mailbox Created
Hello, In ADSIEdit you can see the whenCreated field, but this refers to the date the AD account was created. Does anyone know how to find the date the account was given a mailbox? We had AD long before Exchange and I'm trying to find out when people were given mailboxes precisely. Thanks. i struggled with this, too, and I don't believe there is any way to get this info...I miss having that at my fingertips... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "GC Postmaster" <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> wrote in message news:9662BF63-2EAF-4D29-B318-0861643E87A1@microsoft.com... > Hello...

How can I create multiple rows of worksheet tabs in a workbook?
I have a workbook I use everyday that has so many worksheets they all cannot be seen at once and I have to move from one end to the other to see them all. If there is a way that the tabs can be arraged in two rows across the bottom instead of just one, I could see them all. Hi AFAIK you can't, however, right mouse clicking on the sheet tab arrows at the bottom left of the screen will bring up a list of your worksheets which might make it easier to find the one you want. Cheers JulieD "kdzugan" <kdzugan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8ACD82A...

Create a book
I have the new complicated! Windows 7 Is there a template for making a book using landscape A4 to a folded A5 booklet? with instructions for printing on the overleaf to remove all the white space on the back of the sheet? Or would I have to create it manually? If I have to create it manually how do i set the margins and pages so that the text only goes on one half of the page until I wish to write on the other side? I’m stressed and would like to refrain from destroying my laptop! Windows 7 complexity has nothing to do with Word. I suppose you must mean that you are using Wor...

report creating a fake duplicate
The query from which the report is created has no duplicates. But the last record in each group is duplicating itself. I need any direction to removing this. NB: the report has grouped records appearing in 8 rows per group. The error only occures when the group has 7 records. This is one of those questions that baffle most of us because reports just don't do this without some help from the designer. You must learn how to trouble-shoot. For instance: 1) add a text box to the detail section with a control source of =1 and runing sum set to Over Group. See what this produces...

Email Accounts are not being created automatically.
Does anybody know why Exchange Server 2003 running on Windows 2003 would quit creating emails when a user is added? It had been working fine up until about a month ago. The checkmark box to have it created is still checked, but the emails are not being created. I can add the emails manually, but they don't show up in Outlook, nor do they allow a profile to be set up. I don't remember changing anything that would have causes this. Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated. -- Renee This is a known issue that Exchange SP1 fixes. You also need to apply KB831464. ...

How to create popup menu dynamically...
Hi everybody, I have some doubts on Menu Creation. Please clarifying my doubts. How to create the popup menu dynamically ?? and how can we write the handler functions for dynamically created items ?? I have to use the following code for showing the popup menu on WM_CONTEXTMENU message handle... CMenu oMenu; oMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,1001,"&Create Word"); oMenu.AppendMenu(MF_SEPARATOR);//,1002,"&Create Word"); oMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,1002,"&Laser Blazer"); oMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,1003,"&Confidential"); oMenu....

Retail Realm Item Create: Time Out error when committing batch
Our Retail Realm ICreate v. 2.0.7 is giving Time Out errors when trying to commit items. We have 10 locations and the size of our database has increased the .mdf fileof the HQ DB to 5.8 GB and the log file to 2.0 GB. Could the server be overloaded with info. coming and going to the stores? We have recently done some house cleaning on items and sales history in the HQ database however I don't see why this would cause this error. Could there be issues with the Item Dynamic table? Thanks in advance for your help. -- Joe ...

Launching a Form from Within a Form to Create a New Record
I am using Access 2000. I tried posting this problem under Access Forms Coding but did not receive satisfactory replies to resolution. My Customer Work Order Form gets info from 3 tables: Table---------tbl1CustInfo----------tbl2CustWO----------tbl3CustFUP Linked Fields----- ID----------- CustomerWorkID------ CustomerFollowUpID Relationship--(1 to Many Relationship)-------- (1 to Many Relationship) Other Fields------ LastName-----WorkOrderID -----------FollowUpDate Other Fields------ FirstName----JobLocation----------- FollowUpRemark Other Fields------ etc.----------...

Create VBA Macros from VB Code
Hi! I'm generating Excel Files from a VB Application. Those Files are quite complex and content many Worksheets with Data, Charts, Pivottables, etc. Fortunately, the "Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library" which I'm using is really well done and quite complete for my needs. However, I didn't find the way to add VBA code to my Excel Files. Some events have to be handled in the final generated files, and therefore I need to associate texts (code) to worksheets and workbooks. I was looking for collections like 'macros', 'modules', code, ... but couldn'...

Multiple Records, one for each day of the week, One Employee, One
I have a database that has a daily input form. My employers now want this form changed so that it allows input for a week per person. I want to keep my table on a daily basis so I have put subforms for each of the days of the week on one form. I now need to find out a way of telling each of these subforms what day of the week they represent and be able to grab that record. Some of the days will not have any input and I would like to keep the database from saving null or 0 hour days. When I go to the next person, I need to be able to have 7 clean days, so when I push the next record...

Creating a legal disclaimer
I'm trying to create a legal disclaimer that will be a footer at the end of Each email sent out. Is there a way to create more than one disclaimer and assign them to different information stores? I have an Exchange 2003 environment (Enterprise and Standard). What is the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Nothing native or built-in. - Using a transport event sink - (the following code has a is a painful exercise at best, doesn't work for locally delivered messages, needs to be routed through a bridgehead where you register the sink) VB http://support...

Can you import a timesheet or expense report
Does anyone know if there is a way to upload or import a spreadsheet from excel into the Time and Expense system? I have a number of users that maintain their time in excel and want to upload or import this into teh T&E system. Thanks for any input. You mean the one in Business Portal? There is no standard way to import data into that module. Instead of using spreadsheets, why not key data directly into the T&E system? -- Charles Allen, MVP "kmorgan" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to upload or import a spreadsheet from > excel into the Time ...

Create Diffgram Based on 2 Different XML Files or Data Sets
I have an xml file that my application downloads on a periodic basis. I also have a dataset based on this that is used in the application. At present, the application takes the new downloaded xml, creates a data set from that and merges it with one in use. The ultimate goal is to have the update of the primary data set trigger change events based on only data that has changed (updates, additions, or deletions). I am thinking that I need to generate a diffgram based on the current data and the newly downloaded data and then apply that to the current dataset. Is this the propper approach...

creating sharepoint lists
Sharepoint lists seem to require a single line of text column, as a minimum. If I don't create one, the column "title" will be added automatically. Is there anyway around this? The list I'm trying to create requires a multi-line text column, two look-up columns, and a multi-choice column. A list is a content type, which will inherit the base elements of the parent content type, which happens to be Item, which contains the Title column. You can add any column types you wish. you will simply still have the title in addition to any column you create or add. you can...

Problems creating Line-Column chart (Excel 2000)
I am attempting to create a chart with 5 series (2 bars and 3 lines) but it seems that the chart can only be created with 2 lines. Is there some way of changing one of the bar series to a line series? I have tried right clicking on one of the bar series and changing the chart type, but then one of my other line series converts to bars instead. TIA, Reid Hi Reid, Create a bar chart to start with. The select the 3rd data series and use the right click in order to change the chart type to line. Now select the 4th data series and use F4 to repeat the charttype change. Repeat for the 5th s...

re-create all the Exchange system folders
Hi. How can I re-create all the Exchange system folders? Originally I had the Exchange and DC on the same server. I then added another Exchange server and moved all the mail boxes. After some time, the DC crashed and I had a lot of trouble getting a new DC up and running because the DC1 and DC2 hadn't synchronizes for some time. But I managed to move all the FSMO roles etc. My problem is the System Public Folders, that have not been moved. I have tried to re-create the system folder by this method: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822444 but without any result. Nothing is happeni...

Outlook 2003
Hi. I have a PC running Windows 2000 and Outlook 2003. It is connecting to a SBS 2003 running Exchange 2003. On this particular PC, when I try to create a new subfolder anywhere in the exchange mailbox (under inbox, sent items, anywhere), I get this message: unable to create new folder. However, I can create all the new folders I'd like in this same users archive file which is stored locally. I can also create new folders in the exchange mailbox, if I use the exchange web client. This seems to point to a problem with Outlook. I tried running the reinstall/repair, but that...

Logic. What is better to creat a form from? A table or a query?
I've seen responses to my and other people problems and I've noticed that the gurus will sometimes recommend creating a form based on a query. Can someone explain why that would be more beneficial or prudent rather than creating a form directly from a table? Or, maybe I misunderstood and it doesn't really matter. Either way, I was hoping to have a little more light shed on the subject. I'm rather new at using Acess and want to start off on the right foot before I get to far into my database. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:39:01 -0800, David K. ...

creating a looping formula between different spreadsheets
I think half of my problem is that I don't know what to call what I'm trying to do. I have two different spreadsheets, for simplicity, we can call them A and B. Spreadsheet A has 3 columns, one is the name of the row, the second is a set of numbers, and the third is the cumulative sum of the set of numbers. Spreadsheet B has 2 columns, one is the title of the rows, and the other will be a cumulative sum by the time I'm done. What I would like to do is start spreadsheet B with a 0 in the second column of the first row. That zero would start the cumulative sum of spreadshee...

How do you create a vendor tracking form for accounts payable pro.
I would like to use this form to keep track of vendor information for accounts payable functions (invoicing and receiving). The form would contain pertinent vendor information and automatically assign a vendor number. The vendor number could possibly be linked to a purchase order or invoice form to insure vendor tracking integrity. ...

Cannot change Currency once I create an opportunity version 4.0
does anyone know why I am unable to change the currency of the opportunity once I have created and saved it. This seems to be an in-built function of CRM that you can't change the currency once the opportunity is saved. I guess it was too hard to allow the change - as it would have to flow down to all the quotes, orders, invoices. "JPS" wrote: > does anyone know why I am unable to change the currency of the opportunity > once I have created and saved it. > > > > ...

Creating a window inside a WindowsService
Please help. I'm using ::CreateWindow() to create a window inside my windows service but I cannot see it in spyxx or using ::FindWindow in an MFC process. An HWND is returned by the function. Any clues on why that's happening and how I can fix that? Thanks a lot, Oleg Spy++ won't tell you anything about it. The reason is that Spy++ can only see windows on the current desktop, and a service runs in a different desktop. If you create a window, it is just about totally useless, since it will not be visible to anyone. There used to be a technique documented for making a Messag...

How Do I Make Publisher Stop Automatically Creating New Text
When I try to paste text into an existing text box, publisher always creates a new text box which I then have to copy and paste from to get the text where I need it. I remember telling it once that I wanted this feature, but when I'm working with templates, it's a pain in the butt. How do I turn this off? Paste Special -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3E03629-9295-4636-A975-81B243B2421E@microsoft.com... > When I try to pa...

Sql 2005 64 bit , error creating Maintenance Plan
Sql 2005 Standard Ed. 64 bit installed on Windows 2008 64 bit server standard SP2 Creating Maintanance Plan, I obtain errors: Stato Creazione guidata piano di manutenzione - Creazione del piano di manutenzione "Manutenzione DB Utente" (Errore) Messaggi � Creazione del piano di manutenzione non riuscita. ------------------------------ ULTERIORI INFORMAZIONI: Impossibile eseguire Crea per JobStep 'Sottopiano'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.MaintenancePlanTasks) Per visualizzare le informazioni della Guida, fare clic qui: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?P...