How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel?

How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel?

I click on Insert/Hyperlink.  Click the on the "Browse the Web" button and
slect a web site.  After creating the hyperlink, I am unable to open the
hyperlink.  I get a error message box saying, "Unable to open.  Unable to
locate Internet server or Proxy server".
0
Olowalu (2)

Try copying the webpage address and pasting it into a cell.  With the cell
selected, press F2 and Enter and it will create the hyperlink for you.  HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Olowalu" wrote:

> How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel?
>
> I click on Insert/Hyperlink.  Click the on the "Browse the Web" button and
> slect a web site.  After creating the hyperlink, I am unable to open the
> hyperlink.  I get a error message box saying, "Unable to open.  Unable to
> locate Internet server or Proxy server".
0
Michael5492 (655)
12/7/2005 11:51:02 PM
F2 and Enter did create a hyperlink.  But clicking on the hyperlink resulted
in the same error message, "Unable to open. Unable to locate Internet server
or Proxy server".  I think the problem is some how related to EXCEL unable to
access the internet.  I am able to create a hyperlink and open it in WORD.

"Michael" wrote:

> Try copying the webpage address and pasting it into a cell.  With the cell
> selected, press F2 and Enter and it will create the hyperlink for you.  HTH
> --
> Sincerely, Michael Colvin
>

> "Olowalu" wrote:
>
> > How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel?
> >
> > I click on Insert/Hyperlink.  Click the on the "Browse the Web" button and
> > slect a web site.  After creating the hyperlink, I am unable to open the
> > hyperlink.  I get a error message box saying, "Unable to open.  Unable to
> > locate Internet server or Proxy server".
0
Olowalu (2)

Importing to Excel from ASCII
I'm trying to export to excel from an SQL based spreadsheet. I believe it's ASCII CRLF. Sometimes when I open it as is, it will bring up the Text Import Wizard, but then others it does not. And of course it all gets jammed into one cell so I can't do anything with it. Please Help!! Thnx, Greg Currie If a text file has the CSV extension Excel will parse it automatically (looking for commas as the delimiters). Otherwise Excel will open the TIW from which you can parse the file by specifying the delimiters, etc. If a file is not parsed for any reason (like it doesn't ...

excel charts #14
i have a chart set up to chart data calculated from a formula, if no data is entered into the formula the chart plots that perticlar date as zero. How do set it up so nothing is plotted unless a value has been input? try this configure the formual so that blanks are enterd as #N/A "matsuda" <matsuda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E56FCB-FCE0-4618-8CB0-DC74B1A53D6B@microsoft.com... > i have a chart set up to chart data calculated from a formula, if no data is > entered into the formula the chart plots that perticlar date as zero. How do > set...

Data Connection: Access Query to Excel How to get rid of header ro
Hello. I have created a data connection in Excel to an Access query. It does exactly what I need however the header rows of the query are imported as well and all I want are the data in the simplest way possible. Thanks in advance. It depends on how you setup the data connection. If you're doing it in VBA using ADO and a reference to the query, the default is to not import the field headings. If you're doing it without VBA, using Get External Data on the Data ribbon in Excel 2007 you'll get the headings. Here's a short example using Micros...

Blank pages
I used publisher to create an 8.5X11 workbook for my students. I used the catalog preset and have 24 pages in my workbook. Everything looks great expect when I print (and print preview) there is a blank page between every page with text etc.. on it. How can I fix this and what do I have to do to avoid this in the future? Thanks, In your printer Properties, set it for two sided printing. -- Don Vancouver, USA "CAJH50" <CAJH50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:377F7712-0548-4682-BFC7-8136B320B191@microsoft.com... > I used publisher to create an 8.5X11 ...

When printing a Snapshot I get extra pages
When I print the snapshot report i get extra pages, I have gone back and trouble shooted the page breaks and I still get the extra pages. The page numbers are not on the extra pages so I don't understand how I am getting them/ ...

How to create a WS_POPUP window like menu window?
I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, make it looks like a menu, but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become gray. You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's title bar do not became gray, Is there any hint? John Smith "John Smith" <tap05@126.com> wrote in message news:%2330OT9mYJHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, >make it looks like a menu, > > but when my menu window activeted, the m...

Excel VBA
Hi All, I want to be able to use a msgbox that asks a person what date it is? When the person enters say 19/08/04 and presses ok, another spreadshee willl now have this date entered. What im trying to do is in the end is be able to write the date in an sleect a task. So each time i do a task i can say what day and how man times. Any help would be great Im novice at best.: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like the following: Sub foo() Dim res_value Dim target_wks As Worksheet Set target_wks = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tabelle2") Do res_value...

MSN Money On the Web
If I decide to enter my Live ID and have MSN Money synchronize my data with the MSN servers and my money file, I cannot seem to get the question answered here: I know you would be able to view your information, but it would be really useful if you could actually enter transactions from another computer on the web and then synchronize your money file when you get home. Can someone let me know if you can do this?? In microsoft.public.money, Jeff Lloyd wrote: >If I decide to enter my Live ID and have MSN Money synchronize my data with >the MSN servers and my money file, I cannot...

Money crash creating savings account
I am running Money version 12 under Vista home premium. When I select the "Investing" pull down menu and then select "Saving" from the list displayed money crashes. I have repaired my money file and tried it on the repaired money file and it still fails. I have copied the Sample.MNY file to my documents, where my normal money file is stored, and the facility works Ok I do not think I have ever tried to use this facility before. ...

Creating a cursor on the fly
Hi, I would like to create a cursor on the fly, it is only going to be a white square but because it will be different sizes it would be better to create it on the fly. Anybody have any idea on how i can create a cursor on the fly like that? Thanks. Sims Cursors are actually a BMP sprite, I have tried once saving a BMP file as .cur and it worked! Create a BMP on the fly and set it as a cursor, try it! - Vicky Vigia "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#J5AQlSnDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > I would like to create a cursor ...

Creating a Pivot Chart
I am sure there is a pretty simple trick to this that I just cannot figure out. I would like to put these currencies into a pivot table and be able to filter by Country. My ideal situation would be able to set up a Pivot graph that I could pick and choose which currency I wanted to show using the report filter. Everytime I try I cannot get this result. My sheet is set up as the following. Colums have the Country Currency Ticker USD, JPY, GBP, etc with the values beneath them. The rows are labeled by date starting at 1/1/2006 to 10/22/08 starting in cell. The column labels start ...

Excel cell problem #2
I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance. -- Thanks Steve Have you applied Data|filter to that worksheet? Try data|filter|show all (to see everything) then try it out. Steve wrote: > > I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for so...

Map projection as an Excel chart
Can I download Excel chart based on a map projection? ...

excel edit
Hi all. I'm trying to open an excel sheet in IE. it opens but the edit,view,favorites tabs are greyed out. Only file opens up. User has rights, as we tested this on another machine and it works there. Using the latest IE and updating office to the latest service packs. This machine has adobe acrobat full 6.0 and the others dont. if that makes any diffrence. Maybe you could just have MSIE open the excel file directly in excel. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

How do I save an excel spreadsheet in pdf format (Office 2002)
I've done this before, but in a different environment. Not sure if I've forgotten how, or if it's not supported in this version. Thanks It has never been supported although there are add-ins that install printer drivers that will save as PDF primopdf is a free one then adobe acrobat (not the reader) has of course this and Office 12 will have it built in -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Shaundee" <Shaundee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F09C8D8-1F35-491B-8A4C-781E57C35D53@microsoft.com... > I've done this b...

Excel Formulae
how can a hundreds of numbers in a worksheet be adjusted by the same percentage Ray, You can use Paste Special to do this. For example, to increase every number by 15%, enter 1.15 in some empty cell and copy that cell. Then select the cells that you wish to change. Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and there choose the Multiply option. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ray G" <ray_garthwaite@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ca701c38855$de4fdf40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > how can a hundreds of numbers in a w...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

Page numbering worksheets
Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have multiple worksheets? I would like to number each worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to flow on from the previous sheets so l don't have to manually change the number on each worksheet. thankyou "H" <Hayley.Slater@emap.com> wrote in message news:06f501c3505e$df329d50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have > multiple worksheets? I would like to number each > worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to > flow on from the previous...

Opening .xls file "outside" Excel not showing
Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open the same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from windows explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose: view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is wrong? System is Win XP pro and Office XP. This happens to all .xls files... TIA Regards, Alfred Hi Alfred, Try the following steps: 1. Exit Excel 2. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel...

Front Page to Spine Copy
I am trying to make Publisher print the same text I am typing on the Front of a Binder to the spine of the binder. Is this possible? Thanks. Yes - copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "WildeWest" <WildeWest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A1C0BDA-21D7-45F4-B47B-E8BD707FC6ED@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make Publisher print the same text I am typing on the Front >of > a Binder to the spine of the binder. Is this possible? > > Tha...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

Keep conditional format when "show pages" from Pivot table
When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to make conditional format again to every page. How to keep the conditional formatting when I use "show pages" from pivot table? Maybe you could just apply Data|filter|autofilter to your original data range and filter to show what you need to see. Angus wrote: > > When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I > find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to m...

Easy access-button to Access-database in Excel
Hello, we have made an excel-sheet which is connected to an access-database with the add-on template-guide (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD). It is working fine but we would like there to be a button which is linked to the access-database connected with this sheet or at least a cell which has the path to the file. Does anybody know if this is possible? Kind regards, Chris You can use the Macro Recorder to record a macro while going through the steps manually to access the database. Then, create a drawing obj...