How do I create a formula that displays the tab name in Excel?

0
fazeez01 (1)

See Bob's site

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"fazeez01" <fazeez01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A4DF27F-2BDE-4DE9-8B34-55CA583D36B3@microsoft.com...

0
rondebruin (3790)
9/14/2005 7:21:20 PM
You'll need this Excel add-in:
http://xcell05.free.fr/downloads/Morefunc.zip

After you install it, just use the SHEETNAME() function.

Example: =SHEETNAME(1) would call the first tab in your workbook.

Hope this helps.

--
AlexJ
AlexJ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27247

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

formula within IF function
How do I use a formula within the IF function? What I want to do is check if a number is less than or equal to an amount, calculate one thing, if it is not, calculate another. I tried this: IF(B21<=150,"=B21*E32","150*E32) But I only get text returned. Please help!! Thanks -- Shirley Try... =IF(B21<=150,B21*E32,150*E32) Hope this helps! In article <FB9680A4-1BB7-46AD-BF6D-0088535AE979@microsoft.com>, "Shirley" <Shirley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I use a formula within the IF function? What I want to do is check if >...

Count If Formula #4

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

How to create an autonumber field?

Pulling data from separate tabs

wprintf() could not display unicode chars which is > 255 to console?
Hi�� I encountered a problem about wprintf() to display unicode chars which is > 255 in my console app. I am sure I have defined _UNICODE in my VC6 Project Setting. I had a search with google and found that my question was some like the case: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=23 . Is it true that there is some bugs in wprintf()? Thanks for your help. David I assume you are writting a c++ program. Can you give preference for ostream cout, wcout on printf/wprintf? use wcout like this:- wcout << L"How are you?" -- Vipin Aravind MVP "David" <David_Wa...

Excel VBA