How do I create a form in Excel that I can send to be filled out?

I want to create a form in Excel that I can send out so people can fill it
out electronically and then send it back to me.  I need lines in the form and
when I add lines I have to widen the column and then it messes up the
previous wording.  I know it can be done but not sure if I have to protect
it, create a template (how do I do that), or lock some of the cells.  Help!

For lines have you considered simply bottom borders?

i.e.  wording in A1  bottom borders on B1:E1

Or lines drawn from the Drawing Toolbar.

No need to widen any columns.

Save the workbook and send it out to users to fill in and send back after
they save it under a new name.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:34:01 -0800, PurseGirl24
<PurseGirl24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to create a form in Excel that I can send out so people can fill it
>out electronically and then send it back to me.  I need lines in the form and
>when I add lines I have to widen the column and then it messes up the
>previous wording.  I know it can be done but not sure if I have to protect
>it, create a template (how do I do that), or lock some of the cells.  Help!

0
Gord
1/22/2010 10:03:27 PM
Hi PurseGirl.

Please check out my web site:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

 - and go to item number 42 where I show you how to set up and use a Form.

I think this is what you want (but am not sure).

Thanks.

"PurseGirl24" wrote:

> I want to create a form in Excel that I can send out so people can fill it
> out electronically and then send it back to me.  I need lines in the form and
> when I add lines I have to widen the column and then it messes up the
> previous wording.  I know it can be done but not sure if I have to protect
> it, create a template (how do I do that), or lock some of the cells.  Help!

Crash on 'Send"

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

Inserting form values into a table

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

can't customize toolbar

help with simple maths in excel

Creating new attributes

adding name /creating field/query?

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

How do I use traffic lights in excel