How do I create a "floating" header in Excel so I can always see i

contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com

0
Heal (1)

Andy

To have row 1 always in view as you scroll down.

Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes.

Rule is: whatever is above and left of the selected cell will be frozen after
you hit Window>Freeze Panes.

i.e.  select B2 to have Column A and Row 1 frozen.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:38:00 -0800, Andy Heal <Andy
Heal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com

0
Gord

how can i save "floating cells" in an excel document??
everytime i try to save my excel document and it keeps saying "warning- can't save floating cells" HELP! ...

Floating Bar Chart
Hi, Is it possible to create a vertical floating bar chart, where the start of the bars value will equal the value in column b and the end of the bars value equal the value of column C (the length of the bar when then represent the gap within B & C)? Here is my data table (so I would have 5 seperate bars) A B C 1 28207 29,970 2 40488 43,019 3 39029 41,468 4 53350 56,684 5 44851 48,055 Many thanks for any help or direction Andy Hi, Create a clustered column chart. Format the series to have an overlap value of 100. Change the...

Floating command button
Can anyone tell me if it possible to place command buttons into a custom floating toolbar where the button will always remain visible regardless if scrolling horizontally or vertically? Thanks Pat Hi Pat, Perhaps I don't get your point (question). But as far as I know, toolbars are always fixed on their latest location in the workbook window. They don't react to scrolling or zooming. Even when you risize (not minimize) the window, they stay fixed. To add a button to a toolbar ... Is that the problem? - Tools-Customize-tab Toolbars and then New - tab Commands-category Macros - ...

closing a floating toolbar
Hi, I need to disable the close button in a floating toolbar. Other solution would be to know what event is called when I press the button "x" on my floating toobar. I have proved with OnClose, but it is not called when I press that button. Thanks a lot, Regards, JIGE Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/mfc/14.htm -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "JIGE" <nacho@ujaen.es> wrote in message news:c150ka$pe5$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net... | Hi, | | I need to disable the close button in a floating toolbar. Other solutio...

Floating headed cell
I am setting up a spread sheet which has long columns, but when I am entering the figures well down the spread sheet I keep forgetting what column is what, can I have the header row float down the spread sheet with me all the time. Dave Dave Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes. The rule for frozen panes is........ everything above and left of the selected cell will be frozen. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:00:29 GMT, "Dave Elenor" <dave.elenor@ntlworld.com> wrote: >I am setting up a spread sheet which has long columns, but when I am >enteri...

How to Combine a Floating Column Chart with Line?
My data looks like this: Date B C D E 06/12/06 108.95 107.64 #N/A #N/A 06/13/06 108.38 106.67 108.61 109.29 06/14/06 108.05 108.02 108.04 108.72 06/15/06 110.15 110.04 107.71 108.39 06/16/06 110.23 109.83 109.81 110.49 06/19/06 110.29 109.02 109.89 110.57 I'm attempting to create a floating column chart using column D and E, where the first occurrence (6/13) ought to float a column from a low of 108.61 to a high of 109.29. A stacked column, with the D column removed results in a floating column from 108 to 217. How do you produce a floating column from 108.61 to 109.29 for the 6/13 ...

floating datasheet
I dont see the floating datasheet with charts in Excel 2000. I have user who has created a chart and wants to hide/remove data and add more data to the chart without recreating the chart each time. Can someone help please? Mary - The floating data sheet is part of MS Graph, the watered down charting utility that makes the default chart types in other Office apps, like PowerPoint and Word. Excel's charts deal directly with data in the worksheets. You can manipulate the worksheet data range to change what the charts are plotting. If there are some specific problems the user is hav...

import from files with data in ieee floating point format
Files have ASCII header followed by numbers in IEEE 754 Single-precision format. Can these be imported in Excel? I'm pretty certain they can be imported. I'm just not certain that Excel can keep all of the precision. "davidka27" <davidka27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA413FF7-86BC-4796-B0C1-C432AA7DA27D@microsoft.com... > Files have ASCII header followed by numbers in IEEE 754 Single-precision > format. Can these be imported in Excel? ...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

floating bar chart?
how do I create a floating bar chart to display the data bars as columns instead of rows? selecting the row button does not display the data correctly. Make a stacked column chart On chart, double click lower data series; format to have No Pattern and No Border best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karol" <Karol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4CA4496-860B-499F-A472-34385E628FDA@microsoft.com... > how do I create a floating bar chart to display the data bars as columns > instead of rows? selecting the ...

Getting menu handle from a floating menu bar
Hi All, I am launching many applications from my application in background. Say I launched MS Word. Now, I want the handle of the launched application. I have the handle to the mainframe window of newly launched application. I am able to get the menu pointer using CWnd::GetMenu() from the mainframe pointer. But this works only with the applications like Notepad and Adobe Reader where menu is the intigral part of the mainframe. Applications like MS Word and MS Excel have seperate docking windows for menu. At this time I am not able to get the menu from mainframe. For such application...

xscale floating point
Hi I am using PXA320 cpu with floating point emulation. I have an application written in c# and i use float types over the app. Do i need to include the SYSGEN_OEM_FPCRT into the image or not? Is it critical component? For now my ap is running without it but I just noticed this component few days ago and just want to make sure if I need it or not. Thanks Igor On Apr 20, 3:37=A0pm, Igor Golikov <salier...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I am using PXA320 cpu with floating point emulation. > I have an application written in c# and i use float types over the > app. &g...

excel floating digits error
I have created a chart with 2 columns of Nos. and a third column with the results from the subtraction of column 1 from 2. At the bottom of each colum I also have the resultant of the column. the display is to 0 digits but the input on each box is to 2 digits. Also I have selected the numerical to show in Red and parenthesis if it is a negative No. The final resultant at the bottom of column 3 should equal 0. I cannot round to display because I would losse the 2 digit accuracy on the input boxes. The problem that I'm having is that the final resultant shows a negative 0. If I extend...

Help: Floating Point PRoblem
I have a GUI something like this: <column splitter> <data> < column splitter> < data > etc. Each column has a vertical splitter where the user can adjust the columns. One of the requirements was that when the user sizes the app, the columns should scale accordingly. For example... say the app was 100 pixels wide and column A was at 25, column B at 50 and column C at 75... if the app got resized to 200 pixels wide, column A would now be at 50, B at 100 and C at 150. Since a column could be divided arbitrarily by the user (horizontally and vertically), we impleme...

How do I create a bar graph with floating bars?
I need to create a graph in which the values don't start all from 0, but the n+1 value start from the height of the n value, so that the height reached by the last value will be the height of the sum of all the values. Is this possible in Excel? Many thanks in advance This should help http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#Float "Rocco" <roccogiorgio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6DDEFBDA-53DF-468F-AC61-C7F6F532F20A@microsoft.com... > I need to create a graph in which the values don't start all from 0, but the > n+1 value start from the heigh...

??Floating Rows??
I would like to make row 1 float at the top of the sheet. This row has 30 columns and the user puts the wrong data in the wrong cells at times. There are 650 rows, everyday about 3 rows are added. Slim Hi Click on cell A2 and then go to Window / Freeze Panes. -- Andy. "SlimPickins" <slimpickins@anyplace.net> wrote in message news:ldt780dlknt1g7q54j5rhsatu8qj5ocalh@4ax.com... > I would like to make row 1 float at the top of the sheet. This row has > 30 columns and the user puts the wrong data in the wrong cells at > times. There are 650 rows, everyday about 3 r...

Floating bars #4
Hiya- I need to make a gannt-type chart from a ton of data in excel. I've never had to make a chart with excel without numbers so this is new to me. I've got a ton of grants (y-axis) and I want to chart where they started and where they finished (x-axis). There are 6 stages where they could have started or finished and ideally I'd like to be able to have the start date shown at the base (left end) of the floating bar. Please let me know if this is possible with excel and ideally forward me a template that I could cannibalize. Cheers, tripp On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, in micr...

What's the floating point function for triple (or quadruple) roots?
Hi, Can someone tell me the floating point function for triple (or quadruple) roots, someting like sqrt() for square roots? Thanks. Tony Follow the rules of indecease. Square root = x^(1/<power>) So Cube root = x^(1/3) -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Tony Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OunMTa4SFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can someone tell me the floating point function for triple (or quadruple) > roots, someting like sqrt() for square roots? Thanks. > > Tony /------------- p \ / ...

Add Whisker to floating series that I put NO FILL
How can I find a series on a graph to add whiskers to if I have highlighted the series and made it disappear by selecting no fill? Sort of making my own stock chart, but can the hidden series be found? Thanks for your help! You can find it in the Chart Element dropdown on the Chart toolbar, or you can select another series and click the up and down arrow keys until the hidden series is selected. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F0...

floating bar type chart
i'm using a floating bar chart and want to put data points on the x axis, (horizontal axis) (for some reason its referred to as the z axis) these points other than the axis scale and be able to label them and would like the data to come from spread sheet cells as opposed to manually drawing them there. can't seem to find anything. i'm flexible on the type of chart, just need to be able to draw floating bars parallel to the horizontal axis i experimented with regular bar chart subtype stacked, but wasn't able to figure out how to make the portion from zero to the start of the ...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number #4
Ron thank very much. That's what i want to do. the value i put in th previous posting is just example. You got the right value. So I choul concat the values and convert. Please tell me waht you did. I should b able to replicate that -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27285 On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:29:51 -0500, Fifi <Fifi.1espnz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: >Ron thank very much. Th...

Floating Bars
I have two questions about the Floating Bars Chart, which is the only way I can visualize when people show up for and then leave for their shift. 1) Can I have the color of the bar for a particular entry be dependent upon a value in the spreadsheet. Yes, I know you can change the color of one bar to another color (or all of them), but can you key the color you have chosen to a value in the sheet (like say 1=red, etc.) 2) Can I combine two floating bar charts without the real difficult, ugly, messy job of stretching one with no background over the other and trying to make them line ...

Add help about floating bars chart in excel.
I wish there were documentation for the floating bars chart in Excel. I think it's what I want, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get information about it. Annoyingly, when I type floating bars into the answer wizard, I just get a bunch of irrelevant help about toolbars. Jon Peltier has some information and links for floating bar charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html RPG wrote: > I wish there were documentation for the floating bars chart in Excel. I > think it's what I want, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get > in...

Can you have floating picture preview when using hyperlinks (Exce.
I am working on a main Excel spreadsheet that has many hyperlinks to different pictures of machines used in the plant. What I want to do is instead of displaying the path of the file, I want to show a preview picture in the floating box when I hover the mouse over the link. Is there a way to do this? You can insert a picture in a cell comment. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Keith wrote: > I am working on a main Excel spreadsheet that has many hyperlinks to > different pictures of machines used in the plant. What I want to...

Overlapping floating column charts?
I was reading a post by Jon Peltier on how to overlay a floating column chart showing open/close data over a high-low line chart showing high/low data. After creating one with this data, I cannot figure out how to make them lay overtop of one another? They are still stacked... -- Thank you! Perhaps this? Format series - options, increase overlap to 100 -- Best Regards, Luke M "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A72551-21FE-4C57-B540-27AD30EABB33@microsoft.com... >I was reading a post by Jon Peltier on how to overlay a flo...