how do i create a custom calendar in excel?

I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working
days  to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to
be done in term time only.

Any help?

using excel as a database for movies and cd collection help
hi, ive been using excel to maintain a list for my cd's and moves etc just wanted to make it more functional but as im a noob im not sure what i can do, as it stands i have a workbook with a sheet for each catagory cd's movies tv shows etc, with a cell comment giving details of the item like the list of episode titles in a tv series. im using ctrl + f to search and using a red cell for stuff ive lent to friends, i would really like to enhance this workbook maybe add a stats page, see if there is some way to list the number of red cells etc, improve the searching, count the no. o...

export excell into outlook calender
Does anyone know how to export or insert an Excell 2002 spreadsheet (representing a calender) into outlook 2002 calender? Much appreciated. ...

Customizing History View CRM 4.0
Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy. I would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contacts, leads, etc... Is there any way to customize this section so when you view an email under History you can see From who and To who rather than what they have defaulted in there? Thanks On Jan 23, 7:56=A0am, Geoff <Ge...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy= .. =A0I > would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contac= ts, > lea...

Excel formatting #4
I am trying to sort a spreadsheet. I want it to sort like this: 1112 1112a 1113 It will only sort: 1112 1113 112a How do I fix this? Thanks! Lori ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you put an apostrophe in front of each number, it will allow you t treat it as either text or a number when you sort (Excel will ask yo how you want it treated) ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

Parsing excel field help !
Does any know how can I check all the characters of a field and check that there is not an alphanumeric character (a-z) and if there is one changing to zero. Ex. 5J00 = would like to change it to 5000. 20A5 = would like to change it to 2005. Thank you. Luis try Sub changecharactertozero() For Each c In Selection For i = 1 To Len(c) If Not IsNumeric(Mid(c, i, 1)) Then c.Replace Mid(c, i, 1), "0" Next i Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <luis.a.roman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170511995.662504.85390@q2g2000cwa.googl...

Pasting values not formulas in Excel 2002
How does one copy and paste values rather than formulas in Excel 2002? I have Excel 97 and Excel 2000 and in both one can do this through Edit -> Paste Special But Paste Special does not give you this option in Excel 2002 and I cannot find any help in the online Help with about how to paste values. Hi Stephen, I use XL2002 and I can Copy --> Paste Special --> Values with n problem. Edit Paste Special Values Values is in the Paste Section in "Paste Special" and is the thir option on the left. I hope this helps you. Carlos Lopez -- Message posted from http://ww...

Excel 97 worksheet with macros won't open in Excel 2000
I've got a workbook saved in Excel 97 that has some embedded macros (not sure where-we don't really need them). When trying to open from Excel 2000, get error message "An error occurred while initializing the VBA libraries (126)" and the workbook won't open. Any ideas on how to make this work in 2000? Or maybe even find where the macros are and get rid of them? Thanks, Marion ...

Disable format painter in excel 2003
The format painter icon keeps appearing when I add or delete columns and rows - it keeps blocking me from seeing what is in the cell and is a general nuisance. I do not need the format painter, but I cant seem to find a way to deactivate it, permanently if possible. Anyone have any ideas? Actually it is probably not the Format Painter, but the Insert Options button that is bothering you. Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck the Insert Options and for me, also the Paste Options button. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:43:04 -0800, tenchsama <tenchsama@discussions.microsoft...

outlook calendar and contact sync
My home pc has outlook 2003. It has a default email account (A) and an IMAP email account (B) connect to my company's exchange server. 1. For IMAP account (B), Calendar and Contact folders are appeared as normal email folder. Each item appears as a normal email. This is unusable. For example, for calendar, only showing past events, for contact, I can't see detailed info. How can I change them to Calendar/Contact view? 2. How can I set up a sync of Calendar/contact between email account (A) and (B)? Thanks very much. chitrader <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Need help in customizing a sales report including
Anyone know how I can make a sales report that contains a sales reps sales within a given time frame, including item price, with tax if any, and tender type (basically the entire sale rung up). I am trying to run a report that shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash, etc. Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed to do so. Jack, Are you asking for 2 reports or a single one? The second, how much for each tender types, you have already have, if you separate out your credit card tenders. A tender for MC, a separate for VIS...

Excel 2007 Bar and Line chart on 2 Axes
I used Excel 2003 to create a "bar and line chart on 2 axes" and now have 2007. I can't find where or how to create these charts using Excel 2007. Can someone tell me how to do it? Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102004991033.aspx Then Google "Excel 2007 chart"; look at a few sites Then come back here with specific questions and we will help you get it right. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

In Excel 2000, How can I change the order in a pivot table?
I am having problems changing the order of my pivot table. The "Drop Column Fields here" is date related and I grouped that area by month. I can change the chart data series order, save the file, close the file, then reopen it and the changes go back to the default view before the series order in the chart changed. I have another co-worker that has Office 2003 and it does not happen to her. It retains the information as she saved it. Is it a glitch in Excel 2000? ...

How to Create a Table of Contents or Index for a Report
I am attempting to us the technique for my application as it is described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article number 231851. I get an error on the Dim db as Database statemtnt Is there anyone who has used the technique successfulyy for Access 2000? Thanks in advance for any assistance you might give. ...

Recover excel file
Can I get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel without saving changes? Sorry Jimp If you closed without saving, it's gone. Did you happen to E-Mail it to someone before you closed ?? Because it would be in sent email. Otherwise, it's start again I'm afraid. Regards Michael M "jimp" wrote: > Can I get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel without saving changes? ...

create a
Hi there. I have a sheet 'events' with 'A' Row being a patient ID taking the form S002, S003 etc. Each patient can have more than one row- these are hospital events, so often more than one. I have another sheet 'selected' with a selected list of patient IDs. Some of these patients have an event or events on the 'events' page, some do not. I'd like to create another sheet where all 'events' rows with a matching ID to the 'selected' list are displayed. (i.e. aselected sheet of rows from 'patients' using the ID from 'selected' a...

vba create multiple series xl3dline chart
I have a problem trying to programatically create a 3dLine chart, wher it gives me a '1004' error when trying to set any properties o SeriesCollection(2). I can reproduce the error in its simplest form (ignoring my code :-) b using the macro recorder to record creating the chart, as I get th error when I play back the recorded macro. It seems to be a proble manipulating the second (or more) series of this type of chart. If set the charttype to xlLineStacked for example, it works fine. I have attached a crude example in chartdemo.xls, which contains sub's, one that works with a...

How do I put in a week's events (ex. Oct.6-10) on calendar
I want to put dates on a calendar without having to type in each box for a week. I recall using banner style. Is that applicable to Publisher? A text box filled with white stretched over the days in question. Not sure what you are trying to do. A calendar is a table, you can merge cells. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dr. DST" <Dr. DST@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A1AA998-E63B-496A-9BE3-DFCBD4796750@microsoft.com... >I want to put dates on a calendar without having to type...

excel
I experimented with Text to Voice and now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF! It operates in every spreadsheet and in every cell - it is driving me nuts! Please - how do you stop it! - the toolbar does not work - it stops it if I am quick enough for the one cell but carries on in all the rest!*! Thanks Ally64000@yahoo.co.uk Go 'View' > 'Toolbars' > check 'Text to speech' and the toolbar will appear Toggle the icon on the right, 'Speech on enter' to off Regards, "ally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079701c46e53$e386cde0...

PDF'ing in MS Excel 2003
I'm noticing this while trying to PDF in MS Excel (2003). When I try to send the pages I'm interested in PDF'ing to the printer to create an Adobe document, the tabs are all saved as separate files. I have up to 200 pages that I need to PDF, and many of these documents are in fairly complex Excel models in different tabs. Is there any way to bypass this - in other words, have all the tabs that I've selected to print, save as a single Adobe file, so that I don't have to combine them later into one, consolidated document? By the way, I noticed that when I do this at ho...

Excel / VBA
Hi, I am trying to find how to add or remove the description displayed on the "Macro" pop-up menu (Alt-F8). Generally macros recorded have a banale description giving the time/date & username, others that I write directly in the VBE have none. Can anyone point how to add/modify this description? thanks, Scott --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Scott, When the macro recorder fires up, the first dialog allows you to put whatever description you want in, including none if so desired. The value gets saved as comments, but changing the comments does not chang...

excel #118
Can someone tell me if Excel can round up to the nearest ten? Yes. One way: =CEILING(A1,10) In article <DC37A92F-F3A2-4246-BBBB-68F4F2A1D368@microsoft.com>, Warren <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone tell me if Excel can round up to the nearest ten? hello warren use ceiling(number, significance) or if u wanna have the other wa round go for floor(#, Sig -- m_anoo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- m_anoob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1989 View this thread: http:...

Create columnar report with field names once per page
I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I would like to generate a multi column report for several records but only list the Field Name titles once on the left hand side of the paper. Check out the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208491/en-us. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ch." wrote: > I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the > aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Excel Football Prediction competition
Hi everyone, I am running a small competition at work (30-40 players) for the forthcoming 2004-2005 English Football Premier League. Basically the entrants have to predict the scores of each game and they receive points for correctly guessing an Away Win (1 point), Home Win (2 points), Score Draw (1 point), No Score Draw (2 points) and then extra points (5 points) if the score is completely correct. I have a sheet for each player (Player Name) where their prediction is posted and an identical sheet (Results) where the actual results are entered as they happen. I have i...