how do I create a chart from data stored in MS Word

see "subject"
0
30N79W (1)

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Inserting photos in the MS Exel
Hello, I almoast complete my application that includes inserting photos in the document. Som photos happens to be large that makes Excel file too fat and Excel eventualy copaps. Below is rutine I use to insert photo. I wonder if there may be any modifications that insereted photo will be reduced to 200 dpi when inserted. This is possible when photo is inserted manualy. I do not know how to make this automatically... I mean in the code. Another solution may be to check size of phto that is about to be inserted and to denay users to insrert larger photos than 150 Kb?? Any help is much...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

word 2007 freezes when closing
I've allready uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still there. MS Office Home and Student 2007 Uninstalling rarely fixes any issues with Word. Instead, for general troubleshooting, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Dan Shults" <Dan Shults@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32AEA265-6BFB-484B-9CB4-8F8927F6D51E@microsoft.com... > I've allready uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still there. > > MS Office Home and Student 2007 ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

New entity
when i attach a contact to an account i have an option - to choose an account from the list, or to create a new one. but i dont have this option when i work with two custom entities (1 to many relationships). only to choose from existing when i want a assign a primary entity to a secondary one. is there a workarround? this way makes me press much more buttons in different forms. i have secondary objects already created due to my business proccess, so i need to go to the primary entity, create an object, then to go back, to open a secondary one and to attach the primary one to it. thanks ...

When form closes it creates a blank record in the table
I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks in advance <MichaelJohnson168@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f63293f9-caa7-4450-bacf-e844c6d5b9c4@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that > form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is > there a way to prevent that from happening? If it only happens when you had the form on a new (blank...

Calcs & Data Validation
Looking for an easy way to complet the following. I imagine their must be a quick & easy method. Cell A5 has a drop down list which corresponds to a range on another worksheet. It has 300+ entries. In cell B5 i will enter a number/qty. What i would like is that as each of the items in the list has a corresponding cost (on other worksheet), i would like to know an easy way to calculate the cost (in C5) based upon the qty entered (B5) & the cost of the item selected. I have done it before with 'IF' function for a small selection, but figure there must be an easier...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

Error on creating new quote from opportunitiy
When I try creating a new quote I'm getting an error. This action works on other opportunities, except for one. It's generating this error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: ...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Create Outlook 2003 Rule using 'Or' operator in 'Sent to' condition
How do I create a rule that uses the 'or' operator in the 'sent to' condition? I actually have a rule like this, but don't know how I created it. In other rules, when I try to add more that one email address or group in 'sent to,' Outlook inserts the 'and' operator. What is the exact rule in full? In general you'd create additional rules but it depends a bit on the condition or action that you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

CRM & Data Matching
Hi, We are going to populate our MSCRM with various data sets. Because of this there will be duplication of customer data. Is there any mechanism within Microsoft CRM (or easily available elsewhere) to match the data from the diverse sources against each other and to arrive at a single instance of the customer. Thanks, D. Microsoft CRM V3 only offers merge capabilities which means you have to locate the duplicates - crm can then merge the records two at a time. ISV's have produced other solutions ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.got...

Formatting doesn't follow data sort
I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help, and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information for no reason? -- kanimalhouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kanimalhouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

RMS object to store some details
I am configuring Microsoft RMS and I am integrating with another product. The integration went fine and I am able to get the response from the other product in to the RMS through a DLL (the hook)... But I want to store inside some RMS object.. Does RMS provide any object to store the data I want? Session.Variable(index) If you want to print your saved values to the receipt, use "Session.Variable1" through "Session.Variable10" Those variables will not persist to the database - they only exist within the POS Session. If you want to connect the values to the transaction...

Microsoft Word Shutting down Unexpectedly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Have any of you experienced Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 shutting down unexpectingly? It's been known to happen to "some of the people some of the time" but there's usually a specific cause that can readily be remedied -- and re-installing Office isn't the fix. Need of disk permissions repair & failure to stay on top of Office & OS X updates rank high on the list of probable suspects. If those conditions are satisfied & a restart of the Mac doesn't correct the problem there are ot...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Hyperlinks to pdfs and word documents are not working
My Access database was recently upgraded to Access 2007. Now all of the hyperlinks I have to pdfs and word documents are not working. In browsing "external data" I see that I can link to text files and excel files, etc. Please explain why my links to pdfs and word documents no longer are working and how I can fix them. -- Archivist Try to eplain a little more, what do you mean by not working? Do the links react but present you with some kind of warning. In what way were the links created. Have you set the directory where your files reside as trusted in the trus...

How turn off launching WORD with F2 function key
After installing Office 2007, my F2 key has been shanghaied so that any use launches MS WORD. A number of other programs use F2, so I need to disable this Word-launching shortcut key. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Right-click on the desktop (or Start Menu) shortcut used to start Word and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, is F2 set as the keyboard shortcut for starting Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "WordHurler" <WordHurler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...