How do I copy page setup from one worksheet & paste into new shee.

I have set up a template in one Excel worksheet and want to be able to paste
it into new worksheets. My problem is that I the have to adjust the page
setup in each new worksheet. Is there a way I can copy the page setup into
the new worksheet?
0
Rasc0 (1)

Hi
if this sheet is the first in your workbook try:
- select this sheet and the other sheet(s). Hold down the CTRL key to
group the sheets
- goto the page setup dialog and simply hit OK

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Rasc0" <Rasc0@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have set up a template in one Excel worksheet and want to be able
to paste
> it into new worksheets. My problem is that I the have to adjust the
page
> setup in each new worksheet. Is there a way I can copy the page setup
into
> the new worksheet?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/1/2004 5:34:14 AM
Rasco

Save a workbook with one sheet formatted and page setup as you wish.

File>Save As>File Type>Template(*.xlt)

Save it as SHEET(Excel will add the .xlt)

Store it in your XLSTART folder.

It will be the default Insert>Worksheet.

OR if sheets already inserted, follow Frank's advice on grouping.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:49:01 -0800, "Rasc0" <Rasc0@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have set up a template in one Excel worksheet and want to be able to paste
>it into new worksheets. My problem is that I the have to adjust the page
>setup in each new worksheet. Is there a way I can copy the page setup into
>the new worksheet?

0
Gord

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Doubble loop to copy and paste
Hey guys :) My table goes like this: A B C D E F ........ _________________________ 1 | 1 Title 1 2 | 1 Subtitle a 3 | 1 Subtitle b 4 | 1 Subtitle c 5 | 1 Title 2 6 | 1 Subtitle d 7 | 1 Subtitle e 8 | 1 Title 2 9 | 1 Subtitle f .... and so on. What I want the macro to do is this; for each value "1" in column A, copy the "Title n" in column E into ...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Is there a way to setup excel to prompt for a backup copy upon ex.
I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program. "sonny" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the Subject field. Please take advantage of the Message area, even for short inquiries. Thanks |:>) "sonny" wrote: > I am currently using 2000. Thanks "CyberTaz" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. > > It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the > Subject field. Ple...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

Hyperlink Error
I have a hyperlink set-up for a netwrok file. It works fine, but when the file is copied the hyperlin chages to the folder that the file has been copied to. original link - L:\folder\folder\file Changes to - C:\file How can I get it to keep the original link? Justin ...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

Printing 2 worksheets to a 2 sided document
Is there any way to print - front to back - 2 seperate worksheets? Turn the paper over and print the second worksheet???? Maybe you can create a worksheet with a picture of both ranges on it: Insert a new worksheet Edit|copy the first range shift-Edit|Paste Picture Link (on that new worksheet) Back for the second range and shift-edit|Paste picture link (right near your first pasted picture link). (insert a nice page break, too) And by pasting a link, you can change the original range and your picture will update right away. (Keep that worksheet as long as you want and print from there???)...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Four New KBs Issued on Updating Office 2003 SP1 Aug 18, 2004 (from Sloan Crayton?--Thanks)
*Recent KBs that May Help with the Epidemic or Pandemic of Office 2003 Installation Problems* You cannot update your Office 2003 program to Service Pack 1 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;884298 Description of numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in Office 2003 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=832672 Frequently asked questions about the local install source feature in Office 2003(August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=830168 How to troubleshoot an update installation by using log file...

Old home page in website view FrontPage 2002
I have FrontPage 2002. I reworked my whole website although the home page had a few changes. Everything seemed to remained linked correctly, the browser preview was perfect, published fine, but now my online website view shows the old home page. If I navigate to the other pages, they are the new versions. If I navigate back to home page from any of the other pages, I get the new home page. Where is this old home page coming from? It's not to be found in the navigation view. I've attempted some things like publishing the whole thing (rather than separate pages), emptying t...

create new worksheet based on month change
Hi, I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a worksheet for employees to enter data. At the beginning of each month I run a macro which copies a mastersheet to start the new month. The first column of the sheet is for the employee to enter their name. Using code when they move to the 2nd column it automatically inserts the date and the 3rd column the time both based on whether there is an entry in the first column. I want to call my new worksheet macro when the date changes month. I have been trying to use ActiveCell.Offset command to look at the date in the row above but with...

Can not create mailbox on new volume
Hi, I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchange 2003 server. I created new database on new volume and started to move mailboxes in order to free space. When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. i can create account , but not mailbox.i can create on old volume and after to move. I do not know if this is active Directory problems or new HD. Please, help >>When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. What does the error say? Is the new store mounted? Vlad wrote: > Hi, > I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchang...

Unable to set up new credit card account
I am trying to set up my new credit card account, but I keep getting the error message "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." However, I am online. I am not working offline. When I started the program, the work offline box was cleared. I logged in using my passport. Online updates are working. So, what's the problem? FYI: I am using Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe. Version 14.0.120.1105 Does anyone have suggestions? (Please do not suggest that I switch to Q...

Selected pages to print from MS Outlook
Is there a way to select the the page to print from MS outlook. I could only print all pages from my mail rather than selected pages Please help ...

Fix poor image quality when pasting from excel to powerpoint?
How do I get around the poor image quality when pasting from excel to powerpoint? EXCEL 2007 Use Paste as Picture. If you check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 74 all of these items were copied as above and quality is fine. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Keith" wrote: > How do I get around the poor image quality when pasting from excel to > powerpoint? In my experience, the way to fix poor image quality in Office 2007 is to reinstall and use Office 2003. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier...

How do I keep the help window on top and work on my worksheet
When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to read it whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The help window closes as soon as it loses focus. In earlier versions this did not happen. Is there a fix for it? If you are using Excel 2003, the top left corner of the help-presented window has a Tile/Untile option. Not really pretty but does enable you to read the help whilst working on the sheet. Howard Walker 635 Wrote: > When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to > read it > whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The hel...

center page top to bottom
How do I center my text top to bottom? In Word 2003 it was under page layout, justify On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:45:01 -0800, Sonja <Sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I center my text top to bottom? In Word 2003 it was under page >layout, justify Assuming you now have Word 2007, it's in the same dialog but it takes a different path to get there. Click the Page Layout tab of the ribbon. In the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group, click the little button to open the Page Setup dialog. The setting you want is on the Layout tab of the dialog...

How do I use alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.) in.
I am using Excel 2003 and need to use incrementing alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.). Excel 2003 help only refers to numeric page numbers. Is there a way to format the page numbers to use incrementing alpha page numbers? I was hoping to see a better reply to your question, but a day has gone by so here is my $0.02. If you must, you can always similate the footer in the worksheet, just have to be consistent with row heights, etc. This might be more trouble than it's worth, but if want to try here's a formula that might help. =IF(QUOTIENT(COLUMN()-1,26)=0,"...

Pulisher 2003: copy pages from doc1 to doc2
Hi, To set the scene: e.g. in Powerpoint, you can copy a selection of slides from document 1 and paste to document 2 (slide sorter view) We need to do same in Publisher 2003. Have 2 documents, need to copy a series of pages from one current document into another current document. How the heck do you do that, without creating a whole series of blank pages and copying those sections across (which would be a big pain!) ; surely there is an easy-as-powerpoint solution to this? many thanks! You can open two documents in Publisher, tile them, drag and drop. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://o...