How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format

I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where
those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one).

I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than
each cell individually) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
0
Paul297 (622)

Hi Paul
What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then
copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste
you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier
I find this easiest way
Hope this helps
Tina

"Paul" wrote:

> I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where
> those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one).
>
> I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than
> each cell individually) would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
0
Tina (84)

error in importing data
Sorry the error is 0x8004032d ...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Doing Analysis from large amounts of DATA
Hi all, I have an attachment that's apart of this message & within it I have 3 tabs 1) Revenue 2) Expenses & 3) Net Position. I would like to do some Analysis on the above three thou a way where I can manipulate the Data. How would I go about doing this? I've tried a Pivot Table thou it didn�t work out in the sense that it was messy & just failed in calculating stuff, not sure if I did it right thou.. Would really appreciate all the help as I actually have about 20 of these sheets which from that fall into 4 groups being 5 sheets per group. I hope this all makes sense, wo...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

Convert Column to row with variable data
Hi I'm using Excel 2k and I have a spreadsheet that looks like this Name Address Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 and need it to look like this Name Address 1 Address2 Address3 Fred 21 Blah St London Sue Tower 50 London EC2 I have a macro that can convert from column to row but only for a set number of columns. Is there any way to account for the variable amount of data for each address ? Any help much appreciated Thanks David David: I suggest the following formulae - copied down as necessary: C2: =IF(...

Locking Formulas to Cells
I don't know if I am using the correct terminology but this is what want to do: I have placed formulas in multiple columns that calculat my sales numbers for a bid. The problem I am running into is that change the bids for every person and when I clear a cell is clears th formula from it as well. Is there a way for me to clear cells withou deleting the formula I have placed inside it? I know that I can jus grab the first cell in the column and drag it down to re-load th formula in that column but I don't want to have to do that. I want th formulas permenant and the data I enter...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

how can I drag formulas with other cell references
example cell A1 contains formula "=stdev(a2:a7) cell a2 contains formula "=stdev(a8:a13) Is it possible to drag the formula down so that cell a3 contains "=stdev(a14:19) and cell a4 contains "=stdev(a20:a25) and so on for cells a5, a6, a7 etc. etc. Hi Bram, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snkAddr B1: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) B2: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) It was easier to test and verify using SUM instead of stdev, but the formula is same NOTE the formulas are in a different colu...

Cell Selection?
I have a colum of numbers 198 0 0 198 2 What I need, is to be able to select 3. the 198's are not going to be used in the next part of my equation. That seems simple enough, however all the numbers could be usable (not 198) and I need to use just the first three. Any ideas? One interp / way, using non-array formulas Assuming source numbers in A1 down Put In B1: =IF(COUNT($C$1:C1)>3,"",C1) In C1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1))),"", INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0))) In D1: =IF(A1="","",IF(A1=198,"",ROW())) Select B1:D...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Advanced mail merge/distribution/attachment ?s
Hey - questions. 1 - I already know how to do mail merges and email distribution lists in Office, but if we don't want each client on our distribution list to see the names/addys of all everyone else on the list (we usually mail to blind cc for this) is there STILL a way to have each client's name show up in the email (preferably in the address or subject header lines, if not in the message? 2 - Does anyone know how to take an attachment and add it in to an email message/embed it for viewing a la HTML, rather than just attaching it? Any help would be appreciated, Jose 1) ...

if cell in other worksheet meets criteria, then leave blank.
I have data in worksheet A for each month, for each entity. Then I have a summary page which shows just the averages for each entity for each month. Then I need to create a master summary page which shows just the annual average for each entity, just one line per entity. My Summary page shows Jan-Dec in column A. I have a formula averaging the numbers from worksheet A. Jan-Mar is done. But the rest of the year hasn't happened yet, so April's formula results "#DIV/0!". I have already put in all the formulas for the year to be done with it. But I don'...

How do I show a data table with legend keys in a line chart?
I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone help me? Hi, I tried it in both 2007 and 2003 and had no problems. We need more infomation, can you post a sample of the chart somewhere. The only issue I have is that the target line is displayed on the data table, which I would prefer that it not be. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "excelbanker" wrote: > I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart > that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone he...

Output the list of frequent data
Dear all, Here comes two problems. Problem 1: I have a list of strings (say, in the column A1:A100). How can I find the "mode" (i.e. the string appearing most frequently in the list? For example, if the list is APPLE APPLE BANANA APPLE CREAM CREAM BANANA CREAM APPLE DONUT then I want the result is APPLE. It seems that the MODE function does not suppot data type other than numbers. Is there any canned UDF for it? Problem 2: Following Problem 1, I want to generate a list of the 3 most frequent data in the list. If the list is the one in the example, I want to list to be...

Data Validation #47
kshave multiple identacle sheets in a workbook(31 sheets). I am trying to allow users to only enter whole numbers in some of these cells. I know I can do it through Data /Validation/Allow - but, I want to do it on all 31 sheets at once. When I select all sheets - Validation is greyed out. Should I be using a different method? Thanks, Tom Apply the data validation on Sheet1 Copy the cell(s) in which you applied data validation Select Sheet2 Scroll to see sheet31 Hold the Shift key, and click on Sheet31 tab Select the cell where you want to paste the data validation Choose Edit>Paste Cl...

Modifing data to show up better in chart.
My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900% = 99 Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already have a second axis of 0-9000 In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>, MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says... > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 > is there a way I...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

Export Format not avaiable
"The Format in which you are attempting to output the currentobject is not available." I hate access sometimes. It just get's weird, throwing bogus error messages all over the place. I have about 30 seperate queries that I run out to spreadsheets via macro. I have already found out that things can get all screwed up, (meaning it bombs) when those spreadsheets already exist, so the first thing I do is delete the existing spreadsheets, then let them rip. I run into this every once in a while: 20 or so queries into my macro, a query will fail with the above er...

Merge data from Acces to word
I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to export to a Word Template with predifened fields. How can I do that? reidarT Take a look at Albert D. Kallal's Super Easy Word Merge at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "ReidarT" wrote: > I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to > export to a Word Template with predifened fields. > How can I do that? > reidarT ...