How do I convert Word document into an Excel document?

I have a long Word document that needs to be converted to an Excel document.
I hope it can be done.  Is there way, and if so, please let me have detailed
instructions.  I am not an expert at Excel.

Thanks.
0
Jamie (81)

"Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a long Word document that needs to be converted to an Excel
document.
> I hope it can be done.  Is there way, and if so, please let me have
detailed
> instructions.  I am not an expert at Excel.
>
> Thanks.

That depends on what you have in your Word document. If you have a table you
should be able to transfer it using copy & paste.

/Fredrik

Thanks, Fredrik.  The document is very long (10 pages) and has columns.  What
do you think?

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

> "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a long Word document that needs to be converted to an Excel
> document.
> > I hope it can be done.  Is there way, and if so, please let me have
> detailed
> > instructions.  I am not an expert at Excel.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> That depends on what you have in your Word document. If you have a table you
> should be able to transfer it using copy & paste.
>
> /Fredrik

0
Jamie (81)
4/7/2005 8:39:04 PM
> Thanks, Fredrik.  The document is very long (10 pages) and has columns.
What
> do you think?

Try Copy and Paste. Hopefully Excel will understand what to put in each
cell. You can also paste the contens into a txt file and then open it from
Excel. Don't forget to close and save the txt file before you do this.

/Fredrik

Excel as a database #3
is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for my product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a database. Please show me any path Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao, Consider Access for this project. To do this properly, you'll likely need a table for your products (your inventory or product line), one for your invoices, one for the items in your invoices, and if you're keeping customer information, one for your customers. Excel is terrific, but a lot of darn work to implement related tables, move records around, ...

Default picklist values not appearing on convert from lead to acco
Hi, Converting a lead to an account. I have several picklist fields (on the account) which should bring up a default value. When I create a new account from scratch they all appear. When I convert a lead to an account none of the default values are there. There are no offending mappings or scripts that would explain this. Has anyone else seen this or can offer any guidance. Ta Pete. Default values are not set on enties which are converted or created trough the webservice. The only way to have a default value set for any path is to use the PreCreate Callout. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MC...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Flag a date in Excel
I wish to flag a date so that 10 days later, the input date will tur red so that I can follow it up. I have seen it done but don't know ho to do it. Please hel ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try using conditional formatting: Select the cell(s) Click Format > conditional formatting Put the settings "Under Condition 1" as : Formula Is | =TODAY()-A5>=10 Click Format button > Font tab > Color > Red > OK Click OK -- hth ...

Number and Word in the same cell
I want to be able to have a number and a word in the same cell, but still be able to use formulas to add, subtract, ect. to the number. For example: I have 6 meters in cell A1 and want to add 11.9 meters If A1 = 6 meters A2 = 11.9 meters =VALUE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1)-1))+VALUE(LEFT(A2,SEARCH(" ",A2,1)-1)) "Bob Martin" wrote: > I want to be able to have a number and a word in the same cell, but still be > able to use formulas to add, subtract, ect. to the number. > For example: I have 6 meters in cell A1 and want to add 11.9 meters An alternativ...

Excell attachement do no shows up
I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to have an attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the attachment anywhere in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the attachment to open it. I do have Office 2003, but never have used Excell. Any advise on how to find the attachemnt? Thanks in advance. Octavio, This question would be better asked in an Outlook newsgroup, not an Excel newsgroup. That said, are you sure that the sender actually attached the file? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, ...

The word limit is too short. 175-225. Can you write 1,000 words?
I'm struggling and frustrating myself with creating a newsletter in publisher. I have articles that I have written that are all 1,000 words or so. Is this too many words for newsletter articles? Publisher only allows 175-225 per section. This would be a MAJOR editing job to cut down to this level. Furthermore, significant information will be lost. I suppose articles are supposed to be short and to the point when creating a 'newsletter.' Your suggestion/comment will be appreciated. Ken You can write a book in Publisher, what you need to do is link your text boxes...

Excel shutting down when opening file
This is a follow up from a previous post. When opening a specific file with excel 2003, Excel will immediately shut down. When I re-open Excel it shows the file in the recovery box. When trying to recover the file it gives a message that file damage is too extensive to repair. I have no problem opening other Excel files. I also have Excel 2003 operating on three other computers and they do not have any problem opening the same file. I have started Excel in safe mode and tried to open the file but I get the same problem. I have started Windows XP in safe mode and then opened Exce...

Parse/convert "True" or "False" to boolean?
I have what should be a trivial problem. I am using XMLSerializer to serialize an object. It serializes boolean values as "True" and "False". I then want to use an XSLT on this XML, and I want to use one of these booleans in a test. How do I convert one of these to a boolean in a test?!? I know that I could compare it as a string to "True" or "False", but that seems extremely crude to me. The "boolean()" function (which, to me, seems like a misnomer) will always return "true" since the string is not empty. I'm finding it ha...

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

Can I move Excel 2002 from my laptop to my desktop
My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both computers. They are networked. You cannot 'move' Excel, or copy it. You have to install from the original CDs. If you don't have them you'd have to acquire them or you might be out of luck. -- Jim "X_Drive" <X_Drive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1AA36E6-D7E2-4060-A661-1601C6879D41@microsoft.com... | My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both | computers. They are networked. ...

Output query to excel 08-12-07
Hi, Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular worksheet in an Excel workbook. Using an "Output To" macro, I've managed to output my query to Excel so that it replaces the whole .xls workbook. But what I need to do is output to Sheet 1 of the .xls workbook and leave Sheet 2 intact as it will have formulas referring to Sheet 1. Thanks Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:07 +1000, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular > worksheet in an Excel workbook. > Using an "Output...

CSV in Word==>Excel....?
I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by commas, that I would like to separate into different cells.....Is this possible? If so, how Thank you Matthew After you import the data, you could use Data>'Text to Columns' to separate the data. If it's not the last column in the imported data, move it temporarily, or insert sufficient blank columns to its right, to accommodate the split data. Matthew wrote: > I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by comm...

I can't open a word document from outlook
I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - it just started today. I click on the attachment and a pop comes up saying if I want to make changes to the program, if I say yes it goes to the word program but is just grey without the document there. There are no problems with excel or PowerPoint. "Steven Dear" <StevenDear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0775470C-BB6A-4236-BAF7-4D8C65C14120@microsoft.com... >I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - > it just started today. I cl...

How do I expand Y-axis title so it shows all the words?
the title says it all Version: Office 2003, Student Edition ...

Printing In Excel 12-01-09
I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages? The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? Never seen this before and I am sure file is ok Thanks for any help Steve On Dec 1, 11:05=A0am, k11ngy <k11...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line > > I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages?= =A0 > The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? =A0Never seen thi= s > before and I am s...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Is it possible to use Latex fonts for MS Word?
I am trying to get \mathscr{D} character in MS Word (in the equation). In Latex it require \usepackage{mathrsfs}. Recently I discovered that it is possible to use Latin Modern Roman fonts in MS Word and the document looks like Latex document. Unfortunately I have to use very specific mathematical fonts. Maybe it is possible to get these fonts somewhere? Thank you in advance. Probably not. You are talking about a metafont. Those are not used by Windows at all. Actually, with the exception of TeX, I doubt they are used anywhere at all. What you could do is see if FontForge...

How do I view and edit the source code for a Chart in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to access the code (VBA?) for a Chart created in Excel 2003? I have generated a complicated Chart or graph which I want to then "Copy" and modify to make several more which access different spreadsheets. It is cumbersome to click in the Toggle box for the data ranges for X and Y. Instead, I was hoping there might be a way to use Search and Replace to change the text describing the data ranges. EBB Excel does not create VBA when creating a chart unless you have specifically recorded the steps of creating it (Tools>Macros>Record New Macro...). Even when y...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

Excel help please
How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? I am trying to install Excel to my computer. On the box it does not indicate that Microsoft Office 2003 is necessary and I don't have Office 2003. Is that why I cannot install Excel? -- George "Anthony" wrote: > How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? You should be able to install Excel as a stand-alone. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "george" <george8798@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:6367F467-57A8-442D-AEFF-D586744EC...

Excel 2007 03-10-10
Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if items are all put into one column after a person is through inputting them? Or must everything be input in 'alphabetical' order? Thank you. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4932 (20100310) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Click Data, Sort David Dyke wrote: > Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if > items are al...

Export Excel data to Access
I have an Excel wookbook template that I use to create new project files to track and manipulate data on individual projects. I also have an Access database where I record some common data as the spreadsheet resulting in duplicate data entry. How can I export data easily (i.e. novice programming experience)on a regular basis from these separate Excel files to a common Access table to eliminate this duplicate data entry? Thanks, Jim H. Jim, initiate the process from Access. Open your Access database and File > Get External Data > Import. Set Files of type to Microsoft Excel, then ...

Excel 2003 charting circular or spherical coordinates
Long time user of Excel, long time issue: Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical coordinates? I have Excel 2003. Scott - Go to the charting section of Stephen Bullen's web site: http://oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look for FunChrt6.zip, which shows how to use polar coordinates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Scott @ Nordion wrote: > Long time user of Excel, long time issue: > Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical...

Send email from vba code in excel
Help! I need to write code to send a work book when it is saved or when it is closed. This is what I have but it will not send the email. I am using excel 2003. I am very new to VBA. Sub Email() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object email_ = Range("F5") & ";" & Range("F3") cc_ = "" subject_ = "Flagged Order" body_ = "New Flagged Order" Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) With OutMail .To = email_ .Subject = subject_ .Body = body_ .CC = cc_ .Di...