How do I convert time format to text?

I have a cell with a formula  of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from
cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value
that is formatted as general text. eg. =text(c3-b3,"h:mm")-G3

Thanks....Andrew
0
Andrew3569 (322)

Hi Andrew-

Try the VALUE() fx and format that cell with your choice of Time Formats.

HTH |:>)

"Andrew" wrote:

> I have a cell with a formula  of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from
> cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value
> that is formatted as general text. eg. =text(c3-b3,"h:mm")-G3
>
> Thanks....Andrew
0
CyberTaz (411)

Superscripts in referenced text objects
Dear, Several days ago a question appeared in this NG on the superscripts in referenced text objects. The answers correctly recommended looking for sub-/superscript font sets. What does it mean? Optimally such a font set should contain at least all the 34 alphanumeric characters within the second 128 ANSI locations as both kinds of those scripts. Has anybody ever come across such a product? I succeeded several months ago, after the recommendation of Bernard Liengme, in adopting Chemistry fonts (“Chemistry SansSherif” and “Chemistry Sherif”). They offer unfortunately only numerals in wa...

language date formatting
My PC is regional setting is dutch I have to print documents with date format dd-mmm-yyyy Problem is, that mmm should always be English (not dutch). How to enforce that? The only way I can think of is to write a custom VBA function to return the month abbreviation. UNTESTED sample function with no error handling follows Public Function fEnglishDate (DateIn as Variant) Dim dateString as String If IsDate(DateIn) = False Then fEnglishDate = DateIn Else Select Case Month(DateIn) Case 1 : "Jan" Case 2: "Feb" ... ...

Report generated from text box fields
hello. i have a 3 column report. The 3 products compared on the report are assigned when the report opens and asks the user for the ID.. is there are way to create 3 unbound text fields and have the report compare the IDs of the products listed in the text box.. i have done something similar that searches based on what was entered in a text box, but wasnt sure how to have the report pick up three different text boxes.... this is an example of what i have in another application that opens up a query Like "*" & [forms]![SEARCHMENU]![text37] & "*" -- Message po...

how to use this video converter for mac to convert mac videos.
Step 1: Free download [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] from the above link and install it on your Macintosh: Step 2: Click "Add files" button to input videos to be converted. Step 3: Under profile option, choose the ouput video file format you want to convert to. Step 4: Click "convert" button to get start convert video for Mac. As we can see, this Video Converter for Mac is easy to use, if you like it, just free download this [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] and enjoy it by ...

ComboBox.Text gets reset between event calls
I am trying to make a ComboBox that will AutoResize to the text being displayed. The steps I take are: OnTextChanged(EventArgs e) { base.OnTextChanged(e); ResizeTextBox(); } private void ResizeTextBox() { Graphics CurrentGraphics; int StringWidth; int MinWidth; int MaxWidth; int MyWidth; string thisText; Font thisFont; SizeF thisSizeF; Size thisSize; CurrentGraphics = this.CreateGraphics(); thisText = this.Text; this...

How do I enter a time formula into a worksheet that determines if.
How do I, set about entering a formula within a worksheet that determines if the Time is greater or less that the time in a certian cell; eg =if(now()>K17,"then display this","") K17 holding the Value 08:30 AM formated to time =IF(MOD(NOW(),1)>K17,"then display this","") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How do I, set about entering a formula within a worksheet that determines if >the Time is greater or less that the time in a certian cell; >eg =if(now()>K17,"then display this","") ...

convert text to predefined number in single column
Hi all, Greeting to all of you out there! I am a newbie to this forum and now I have a question here. I have a worksheet which contains thousands of records. Within a particular column (column "N") there are single character in the cells throughout the records (eg. "M", "S"). My question is how can I convert from "M" to "1" and "S" to "2" using formula? Kindly advise. Thanks and best regards. Eric --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a help column, =LOOKUP(N1,{"M","S"},{1,2}...

Converting excel files to doc files
Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Alvin, You can open an Excel file with Word, then save it. Word saves as doc files (if that's what you mean). Be sure to type the doc extension, or Word will overwrite your original xls file. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Alvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2501c4316d$5e715b20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Dear Earl, Not good... My excel file...

File type converter install
I've received a docx file (Word 2007-type). My Word is 2000, so I can't open it. So I've downloaded a MS converter but when I try to install it, although it says 'satisfactorily installed' it's nowhere to be found so that I can actually use it. I would expect it to be listed in All Programs and/or to have its own desktop icon. Anyone any answers for me? You may say this should be queried on a Word NG, but I thought it more appropriate to ask on a Windows NG. Rob Graham Rob Graham <rttgraham@btinternet.com> �crivait news:1NidnSZoEImDiz_WnZ2dnUVZ...

Concatenated text and Leban's Rich Text Control
Greetings All, I was wondering if anyone has run across the problem I'm having with concatenating rtf control contents and line returns. I am using Steven Leban's rich text tool in Access 2007 (as Microsoft's integrated rich text control is pretty much useless if you need to manipulate its contents) (Steven's tool is excellent). I am trying to insert new text into the middle of a rich text field, after formating it as needed, however, I've noticed that the rich text box inserts a line return at the end of my inserted text. I have searched around and have read that rich t...

Copying formatting of entire sheet
I made an Excel 2007 workbook which includes my monthly business income, parts bought, a logbook for car mileage dividing into personal and work and finally a financial end of year total constantly updated by the income or parts bought over the financial year. What I would like to know, please, is how to copy the entire logbook (12 sheets, 1 per month then 1 for end of financial year totals and 1 for car miles) FORMATTING so that I can have it all ready for the next financial year. I live in Australia and our financial year ends Jun 30 and starts the new one July 1. What I would like t...

faded text web address
I'm using Publisher and many reports contain web addresses. Since they are in the body of the text I don't wish for them to be faded. I can't make the font stay black. Any ideas? Yes, you need to go in and remove the hyperlink. Try putting the cursor in the address, right click, Hyperlink. Click on remove hyperlink. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Roberta" <Roberta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76FA25AC-7CF1-4F62-ACD6-C2617F413882@microsoft.com... > I'm using Publisher and many reports contain web addresses. Since t...

After a hard drive format
Before I format my hard drive (it's time)what files do I need to backup to retain my emails and email addresses? Where do I find them? Thanks, Marvin If you are using Outlook 2000/2002, search for files with the extension ".pst". The exact location will depend on what operation system you are using. Regards Darren PS within your newsgroups settings, change your e-mail address to something like marskyNOSPAM@mindspring.com. Newsgroups are where spammers gain their e-mail addresses from by using "spiders" or "web-bots" to gain details of such addresses. ...

executing threads at the same time
Hi! I will be sure that I have understood this correctly. Assume you have a computer with two kernels and I run two additional threads that run the same method can then these two threads be executing fysically the exact same instruction at the exact same time. As fas as I understand this I mean you would still use the mechanism of pre-emptive multitasking between these two threads. I mean that you do have two threads executing at the same time but you still use the mechanism of pre-emptive multitasking between them so at any singe moment in time only one of these two thre...

Excel Cell Formatting #3
How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? Hi you can't as such objects 'float' above the cells in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tom Coffey" <Tom Coffey@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E7356E1-4318-42F3-B9C6-3D7EDFBBEEA1@microsoft.com... > How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? ...

Calculating the difference between two times
I need to calculate the difference between two times. I do not have a problem when going from 12:00am to 11:59am. I also figured out how to calculate the differnce between 12:00am to 11:59pm. How do you calculate the difference between two times when it goes over two days. For instance from 10:00am (10/03) to 1:00am (10/04). That is 15 hours, but I cannot get that answer. Also, the dates are not important, I just need to be able to calculate that as 15:00 hours. With the start time in A1 (10:00 AM) and the end time in A2 (01:00 AM) use =MOD(A2-A1,1) Regards, Peo Sjoblom &...

how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign?
how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? It;s beyond me why anyone would want this (if I received a workbook I would turn it off immediately) http://snipurl.com/cpo7 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mbives2" wrote: > how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? You might try an OnTime event procedure. The procedure would run periodically and ,on alternate executions, set the text font color to either a visible color or the same color as the cell background. This would make the text appear to flash. -- Gary's Student "Peo Sjoblom&qu...

Using text to colums, but need to keep decimals
I have a column of prices that I need to split into two columns, but need to keep the decimal and leading zeros if applicable , fo example: 102.46558 99.054 when split needs to be 102 .46558 99 .054 there will only be two or three digits in front of the decimal, bu those ater it will vary. This will save me two days of work if I can get this done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohagany, Assuming your prices are in A1 down, in B1 enter =Trunc(A1) and in C1 enter = A1 - B1 Drag the cells B1 and C1 down as far as you need. --- Regards,...

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

How can I get a combo box to get data based on a text box?
Hi, I have a text box that looks up an ID number from a table. I want the User to type in an ID and then have a combo box on the same form that gives a list of dates that correspond to that ID in the text box. Right now, the combo box displays all the dates from all the ID's. I want it to only show the dates that are linked to that ID. Please help, Thanks Use the text box's AfterUpdate event to modify the combo box's RowSource property: Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE FieldID=" & Me.TextID & ";" tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote...

send and receive time
Exchange 5.5, why would the send and receive times on emails be way off like i'm talking over 50 minutes. We don't route internal emails at all so this is very confusiong. I have checked all setings like time zone and all that good stuff. In the last exciting episode, "Jeff" <jjohnston@aecon.com> wrote: >Exchange 5.5, why would the send and receive times on >emails be way off like i'm talking over 50 minutes. We >don't route internal emails at all so this is very >confusiong. I have checked all setings like time zone and >all that good s...

Convert #N/A to 0
Hi, I have a formula that returns #N/A in some cells. I want to be able to convert the #N/A cells to the value 0. I have tried using the ERROR.TYPE formula in an IF function and it converts #N/A cells to 0, however, it also converts the non-#N/A cells to #N/A. I need to keep the value in the non-#N/A cells. According to the help file for this function, I should be able to have the value in the cell returned if it is a false statement. Ex. IF(ERROR.TYPE(E8)=7),0,E8) If E8 = 100, this formula should return 100 and not #N/A for that cell. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

To display repetitive text, one time, auomatically
JUNE - 20 DECEMBER - 56 JUNE - 96 JUNE - 56 DECEMBER - 66 dear All, i have this data in 2 columns and what I want is: to appear 'june' automatically in one cell and in the next cell the total of june (172). I got 172 by using 'sumif' function, but ;june' has to appear automatically. please help me to sort out this. thanks in advance. Do you mean.. Formula in cell C1 with ColA and B with data =A1&"(" & SUMIF(A:A,A1,B:B)&")" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "jojik" wrote: > JUNE - 20 > DECEMBER - 56 ...

To display number in text format in cells
I have a sequence of digits like 5026555306553 I entered in a cell and when the cursor left the cell it displays as 5.02656E+12 How do I set the cell or the whole spreadsheet to display as text rather than this format? Change the cell format to either: Number Accounting or Currency. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Man T" <alanpltse_NOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in messag...

formatted numbers displayed as #####
Another office phoned me about a problem they are having with excel. They had a large list of dates about 4600 columns long that were al displayed as one long string of numbers, i.e. like 021105. So the went to format them into dates and they all ended up going into #####. As I was looking through the help topics on Excel I found that number will be displayed like this if the column is not big enough in width. So I got them to do that but to no avail, they are still displayed a #####. Also while doing my own testing I found that even if they d get the numbers shown they will probably get no...