How do I convert a time format to a double

I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time

12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours

when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I
need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a
number?
0
DMB (17)

Multiply with 24 and format as general

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time
>
> 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours
>
> when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I
> need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to
> number?

0
terre081 (3244)

Formatting Worksheet Rows
Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - then when adding a row in the middle of the document it would reset the all rows following to reset to every other row being white and every other row shaded > Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - > then when adding a row in the middle of the document it > would reset the all rows following to reset to every other > row being white and every other row shaded If I understand the requirement correctly, one way would be to use Format >> Conditional formatting with the formula condition =MOD(...

Converting Lead to Opportunity
I'm using CRM 3.0 and am seeing something really strange. Everytime I convert a lead to an opportunity, the status reason in opportunity is automatically set to Won. How can i change it so that the status reason is set to In progress? I've looked at the default value for Status Reason in the Opportunity attribute and its set to in progess..... I don't understand what's going on? Can anyone help Thanks Are there any workflow rules or callouts configured for lead or opportunity which might be causing this behavior? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

How do I merge many identically formatted worksheets into one?
Hi Doug Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB009851-D8E0-4196-A24A-BCE95A76A0C6@microsoft.com... > ...

Display records one time only
Primary Key is ID and data is extracted by ClubID. Fields are ID, ClubID, StpMail, FNm, LNm, MI, AD1, CO, Cty, ST, ZP. Prompt asks for up to 5 ClubID's, but the resulting Dataset has duplicates (one ID may have been a member of all ClubID's) ClubID is a year value (i.e., 2007). How do I restrain the data so I don't end-up with Duplicate values? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. -- FirstVette52 No duplicate ID's regardless of the ClubID. -- FirstVette52 "FirstVette52" wrote: > Primary Key is ID and data is extracted by ClubID. Fi...

How do I time/date stamp an entry in a note from a calendar entry?
Using Outlook 2003. I have calendar entry "Call so and so...." I have called this person before and want to time date this call above the other one. I can enter it manually however other programs I have used wil do this automatically. Surely Outlook can do this? in outlook 2003 you need to use a utility or enter it manually. You can also use VBA to do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

HQ CLient 2.0
I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? Ed I figure it out. "Ed" wrote: > I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on > the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file > call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? > > Ed ...

Key in Date and time
How can i code the fields with mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm. so that when i key in i just key in numbers don have to worried about the the slashes and colon. Thanks. -- Tylim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tylim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34217 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540530 You need code for that http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good ...

Problems converting old DB to Access 2007
I have a DB created in a prior version of Access (I think it was Access 2003, fiel extension ****.mdb) that I am trying to convert to Access 2007. The help instructions say to open the DB, do a "save as" Access 2007 format. However, I get error message saying "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'Admin" on machine 'xxxx'. Try again when the database is available." I am the only one who has the DB open. The machine referenced in the error message is my machine. What is going on and how do I fix it...

Excel 2002 copying and pasting some time hangs using key strokes
It happens sometimes: In excel 2002,the paste button will be grayed out if you use key strokes, not mouse to copy and paste. Only way to go to resolve is to Crtl-alt-del. Is any one has resolution on this. Or information why this happens. Dr Tim ...

How do I increase file limitations to convert a file to Excel?
I am trying to convert a large data file from our route accounting software to an Excel worksheet format. Everytime I try the data populates the worksheet through row 16385 and stops and the remaining data is lost. How can I increase the Excel file size to accomodate all my data? I used to experience the same problems importing AS/400 queries into Excel 97. When I upgraded to XL2002, I was able to import beyond 16K+ rows into 1 sheet. The Microsoft KB wasn't much help, but take a look anyway: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=296053 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----O...

Conditional Formating & Rand() function
Hi there, I have an Excel 97 (I know, not my fault - blame work!) workbook wit the following column headings: ID, NAME, ADDRESS ID is numbered with integers from 1-9 and the others populated a appropriate. I have created a random number in a cell away from this data (A13, a it happens), using =RAND()*(9-1)+1 As you all no doubt know, this creates a random number between 1 & 9 The number it produces is not an integer, and is, I have little doubt the root of my problem. What I wanted to do was apply conditional formatting such that if th number produced by the random function = th...

Conditional Format Blanks
Hi, I have read the previous threads on this subject, however I can't find a response to my need. I am trying to apply conditional formatting to cells using a macro. However my range of data changes daily. What I would like to do is apply the conditional formatting to blanks in column F, ONLY if the cell next to it in Column E is NOT Blank. That way I can select the column as part of the macro, and not have to worry about my Blank cells beyond my data range being conditionally formatted. All help appreciated Thanks The CF formula would be =AND(E2<>"",F2="") ...

Stocktake comiited with double values
Hi there, First time I have seen this but: A Stocktake was done and calculated with new values. When the commit button was pressed the item movement report shows double the movement for all items on that particular stocktake. Has anyone else had this occur? IB ...

Clear Cell Format
Some time ago, from a post by JE McGimpsey, I learned the following macro, which will toggle the substitution of "." with ":" However it left the cell in Time Format after its initial entry. How do I clear the Time Format, when decimal point is back to normal state. Please, Public Sub ToggleDotTime() Dim strmsg As String strmsg = "Decimal Point is NORMAL" With Application.AutoCorrect On Error Resume Next .DeleteReplacement (".") If Err Then .AddReplacement ".", &...

Can you perform ctrl+shift+; in a macro to display time?
I would like to add current but static time to a cell within a larger macro, but the only way I can find to enter just the time and not date as well is to use ctrl+shift+; but it doesn't appear that macro allow the use of hardkeys, although my knowledge of macros is basic i'm sure there must be a work around. Hi Darran Try: '=============>> Public Sub TesterC() With Range("A1") .Value = Time .NumberFormat = "h:mm AM/PM" End With End Sub '<<============= --- Regards, Norman "Darran Parsons" <Darran...

Determining How An Existing Cell Is Formatted ?
ello, Is it possible to see how a particular is formatted for ? I did a little experimenting, and it seems that if I put in text, or numbers, and go to Format Cell, it "seems" to indicate the Format is General, for both. Is there some command that would return an inquiry to a text cell as it truly being "Text" ? And, I understand that text when entered shows up to the left of the cell, numbers to the right. If I change the left-right position with the Alignment buttons, does this change the actual Format of the cell ? Thanks, Bob See help on Information Function...

Can I convert or compress an Avi file so it will fit on a blank DVD ?
Hello there! Perhaps Panzy or any other experts out there could help me with this? I downloaded the program called 'Videos to DVD converter V3.1' by 'Koyote Soft-2009' which Panzy kindly informed me of but I have come up against a slight problem. I have found the formula to put my downloaded films on to DVD to watch on my regular DVD player using this software. The first three films all Avi's, fitted within the size bands of the DVD window of 4.7 GB or 120 minutes determining the size of my blank DVD's. The last couple of films I have downloaded h...

Get Identical Double E-mail Messages
I receive identical double e-mail messages when I receive e-mail. How can I stop getting double messages? Thanks in advance!!! What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? If you have Outlook 2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 may help. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Paul" <alliance@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:041401c3531c$28f60f70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I receive identical double e-mail messages when I receive &...

Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please #2
From: "Hugo Acosta" <hacosta@CNYLatino.com> Subject: Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please Date: Friday, September 22, 2006 11:34 AM I apologize in advance if I am sending this request to the wrong place... I would like to have a button in my MS Outlook 2000 toolbar, that when clicked, it will place the DATE/TIME on (whatever) the cursor is located. I work (volunteer) with a non-for-profit Church organization that has no money to pay programmers, to develop (what I was told) this simple task; therefore, I was advised to use this Internet avenue, and see if I could ...

How to retrieve old email after formatting pc
since windows vista infected virus that crash the windows system, i format my laptop and use windows 7. But i forget to backup my ms outlook 2007 email. Can anyone expert in here give an idea or any software that can retrieve back all my email, because it really important email its related with my work. for your info i use company email that out souce to webmail provider. Thank You. Do you have an older backup? Were copies of the mail stored on the server? Recovering it after a reformat is very tricky (and expensive) business and there's no guarantee it'll even work. ...

Double if statements?
Hello all... I currently have this formula, which works fine... =IF(A20="L",L20-H20,H20-L20) however now what I want to do is add an if statement to same cell that says essentially... If J20 is blank... return $0, otherwise do above formula. Is this possible? Thank you all, This group is a life saver!! Shhhh hi nested if =if(J20="",0,if(A20="L",L20-H20,H20-L20)) you can nest up to 7 ifs. Regards FSt1 "Shhhh" wrote: > Hello all... > > I currently have this formula, which works fine... > > =IF(A20="L",L20-H20,H20-L20...

A surcharge in different format.
Hello I have an old document which I want to make an addition to. The surcharge is in a new format and a completely different design. I do not want to change the old document and its format, but I would like to change the surcharge on the next page to be in the new format. How do I do this smartest? The actual surcharge is a separate template that I want to import. Thank you Surcharge? What do you mean by that in this context? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

Using time formats in minute units
Hey guys I have a problem I download call information into excel to make pivot reports. One of the fields is call duration. The format of the information is Minutes:seconds i.e. the call lasted 5:35 = 5 minutes and 35 seconds. Excel understand this as 5:35AM. This becomes even more problematic when I try and calculate total minutes, as excel sees it as 5:35AM + 12:02PM .... How can I make excel see this information as minutes and seconds and not "time" I've tried to convert the cells into text but all that does is give me the excel code version of time. This is an examp...

colour formatting
hi all.. Has anyone any idea how to chnge the colour of the text in say a1, a2, a3 simply from the results of what word is placed in cell a4 TIA Use the Format-->Conditional formatting command. 1. Select cells A1:A3 2. Click Format-->Conditional formatting 3. Change the first dropdown (on the left) to "Formula Is" 4. Enter the following formula in the textbox to the right of "Formula Is": =$A$4="Hello" Where: $A$4 = the cell you're testing "Hello" = the word/phrase that will make the font color change. Make sure ...

Converting Excel to PDF w/links
I have an excel spreadsheet w/5 sheets that link together w/in the same workbook. When I try to convert to pdf, it only prints the first sheet (even though I have selected entire workbook to print to pdf). Any suggestions? Hi Check the pagesetup properties of each worksheet to ensure the "Print Quality" setting on the "Page" tab is the same for each worksheet. -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "chernandez33" <chernandez33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76C78E99-F8CB-4804-B001-E6FCBD64AB27@microsoft.com... | I have a...