Hi all

I am trying to get the results of a multiple input table, which get
concatenated, read out as usable values

eg. If the concatenated values are for example *llbbt* , I need this t
be read as Simon, or *lbttd* must result in Fred etc...

I will attact the spreadsheet.

Thanks
Colli

                 Attachment filename: book3.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=54116

You are probably better off by describing your problem, most regulars won't
open files..

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=541163
> ---

terre081 (3244)
5/11/2004 8:53:29 PM
OK

I need to get the results of a concatenated field, to be expressed as
known or defined value.

If I concatenate various inputs for examples L, R, T, B the results ca
be LR, LT, LB, RT, RB, TB...

Now when these resultas are displayed I want, say LR to be shown a
Tommy, LT as Jeff, LB as Greg... etc.

I was thinking og usinf an IF THEN type statement, but cannot seem t
get it right.

Colli

Just a guess without knowing more, take a look at VLOOKUP().

Regards,
Anders Silven

"collingrey >" <<collingrey.163yy9@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to get the results of a multiple input table, which gets
> concatenated, read out as usable values
>
> eg. If the concatenated values are for example *llbbt* , I need this to
> be read as Simon, or *lbttd* must result in Fred etc...
>
> I will attact the spreadsheet.
>
> Thanks
> Collin
>
>                  Attachment filename: book3.xls
> Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=541163
> ---

Pivot tables remember values that are not available anymore
Hello everyone I would like to ask you is it is possible to reset the fields in a pivot table to make disapear values that they are not anymore available on the data form the selection-criteria when a fields is drill down example lets make a simple table like :: uno dos tres a q 1 s q 2 d q 3 f q 4 g q 5 a w 6 s w 7 d w 8 f w 9 g w 0 make a pivot table and drilldown "uno" (row fields), drillacross "dos" (column fields) and "tres" as Data-Items so in the selection criteria for "uno" ...

How to convert MTS, TS, M2TS Video to HD video, MP4, WMV, AVI... 06-01-10
This article will share with you how to convert MTS, TS, M2TS video to normal video formats. You need 3 nice tool to do it: MTS Converter( http://www.5idownload.com/as-MTS-converter.html ), TS Video Converter( http://www.5idownload.com/as-TS-video-converter.html ), M2TS Converter( http://www.5idownload.com/as-M2TS-converter.html ). Part 1: What is MTS, TS, M2TS Files? Part 2: How to convert MTS video? Part 3: How to convert TS video ? Part 4: How to convert M2TS video ? Part 1: MTS, TS, M2TS is the raw file of AVCHD video. These formats are high-definition MPEG, AVC, H.264...

Convert Excel to Access
I have installed the Access Links add in Excel but the actual convert command does not show up in the Data menu. What am I doing wrong? I have installed this feature on 2 different PC's with the same results (Using Office 2000 with all updates installed.) ...

converting pdf to excel #2
does anyone know how to convert pdf into excel without cheating and paying for a converter. I know it can be done i just havent figured it out yet Hi without a converter it is down to manual copy, paste and adjusting the format. Keep in mind that a PDF file was originally meant to be the LAST stage in a document creating process! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO BEFORE...converting pdf to excel wrote: > does anyone know how to convert pdf into excel without > cheating and paying for a converter. I know it can be done > i just havent figured it out ...

Pasting cell values doesn't remove the formula
WindowsXP Excel2003 I select all, copy, go to a new sheet, edit, paste special, values..its pastes different numbers and not the number that I previously had on the sheet. If you select the cell in the original range that looks different after you paste it, what do you see in that cell? What do you see in the formula bar for that cell? Any chance you're copying a range that has hidden rows/columns? Or even pasting to a range that has hidden rows/columns? HT wrote: > > WindowsXP > Excel2003 > > I select all, copy, go to a new sheet, edit, paste special, values..its ...

Convert a textbox string value into date
I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, can any one help please, thank you. >>I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, Converting I understand but 'into a date in the same format' is confusing. DateSerial("20" & Right("31-12-09",2),Mid("31-12-09",InStr("31-12-09","-")+1,2),Left("31-12-09",2)) If you format it for display the results is a string. If you are going to use it in calculati...

converting the digits to indian currency format digit
I have the figure as below in one of my form field/and in report: 23,125,456.48 I want to display in indian currency format : 2,31,25,456.48 Any help, ugently requrired. Regards Irshad How about: Format([YourField],"##,##,##,##0,00") ...or some version of it? Irshad Alam wrote: >I have the figure as below in one of my form field/and in report: > >23,125,456.48 > >I want to display in indian currency format : > >2,31,25,456.48 > >Any help, ugently requrired. > >Regards > >Irshad -- RuralGuy (RG for sh...

Graph Question. Values from different pages. Not in same cell ranges.
Hi, I have an excel work book which keeps track of players averages in a dart league. Every week gets a different page. I would like pages for individual players, that will keep track of only 2 columns on a weekly basis, which I will use to make a graph. Because the stats are sorted by high average, the players don't always stay in the same cells. The long way would be for me to reference the necessary cells, week to week. I was wondering if there is a script that can do the following pseudocode. Using C1 in the current individual player's sheet. C1 = Where "Week1.Ce...

Anyone know of other plugins like PlanPlus, but not as expensive?
I like PlanPlus' features, but it's too much $. Anyone know of some knockoff or other program that does similar things within Outlook, but cheaper? Mr. http://www.google.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mr . . asked: | I like PlanPlus' features, but it's too much $. Anyone know of some | knockoff or other program that does similar things within Outlook, but | cheaper? | | Mr. Thanks, I&#...

convert number to dozen showing remainder
Trying to convert a number to show dozen with remainder. ie: convert 29ea to 2dz 5ea =INT(A1/12)&" doz "&(MOD(A1,12))&" ea" The value in aA1 should be a number edvwvw hayescircus wrote: >Trying to convert a number to show dozen with remainder. ie: >convert 29ea to 2dz 5ea -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/201003/1 ...

How to anchor data label show value option on Pivot Chart
I have a pivot chart and I like to show the data value above the column, however when I resort the chart with a new query, the data labels disappear and I have to go back through format data series/data labels/show value all over again. How do I get the data labels to stay and update automatically based on the new sort Leroy This is an admitted deficiency in pivot tables and charts. Next time you have to redo a chart's formatting, record a macra, then play it back every time after that. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Sol...

The converter failed to save the file
I'm trying to use the PowerPoint Viewer 2007 to open a sample pptx file made with PowerPoint 2007. I have installed FileFormatConverters.exe as well. When I try to open the file, a prompt with "Save As" in the title bar and "The converter failed to save the file." in the text appears. I can open PowerPoint 2003 files without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks, The PPT 2007 Viewer actually includes the compatibilty pack -- that's why the installer is, like, 25MB. (The compat pack is FileFormatConverters.exe.) So you should have the compat pack once with ...

Concatenate cells without specifying/writing cell address individually
Hi, Let's say I have text "we45t" in A1, "yuui6" in A2, "sfdgfd5" in A3 and so on till A45. (basically the text in each of the columns are different/random) Now I have to concatenate all the cells from A1 to A45 (with a single space between any 2 joinees) in to a single cell B1. I can get the job done by using a) = Concatenate (A1," ",A2," ",A3," ",A4," ",A5," ",A6," ",.......) and so till A45 b) =A1&" "&A2&" "&A3&" "&A47" "&A5&...

the date value of series is incorrectly displayed
I'm drawing a 3d graph with 2 series of data. The graph is displayed as 2 separate rows of bars behind each other. In Excel 2007 the type is Colum in the first row to the far right. 1. series is a units of work. y -axis displayed in units of Thousands 2. series is a date when the units were done. x -axis. If I hover over the the date bar in the 2nd bar row I can see all the right values including the right date. the table is: 10000 1.11.2009 10000 3.11.2009 50000 10.11.2009 (in fact todate() function All the dates are displayed as 9.02.1900 if I try to dis...

Concatenate column with leading zeros
I need to create a column with the entire UPC code of each item listed in the item column, but when I concatenate the columns to form the UPC the leading zeros in the UPC item colun are dropped. I sthere a way around this? Thanks in advance begin 666 MAY Boise items.xlsx M4$L#!!0`!@`(````(0#(H\TT=@$```0%```3`-T!6T-O;G1E;G1?5'EP97-= M+GAM;""BV0$HH `"```````````````````````````````````````````` M```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` M```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` M```````````````````````````````````````...

Convert Text in Excel To Word Doc
Copy from Excel. Paste or Paste Special into Word. sunny1 wrote: ...

Is there an easy way to convert a contact an account?
I just stated configuring CRM 1.2. I imported my contacts from outlook. Many of the Outlook contacts are actually the information I want for an account including the company name, address, main phone number, corporate website and email address. I have been manually creating an account record, and cutting and pasting the address and other information from the most complete contact for the company. This seems to be something that I should be able to do by just pushing a button, or running an import? Bill Walter If you import them as leads, then you can convert them to accounts. Mike &quo...

How to convert CString to BYTE pointer.
How to convert a CString to BYTE pointer; As I got the CString from edit box and I want to pass this to a function which takes that parameter as const BYTE* lpData, Hitz wrote: > How to convert a CString to BYTE pointer; > As I got the CString from edit box and I want to pass this to a > function which takes that parameter as const BYTE* lpData, Hitz: If you understand what CString is, you should be most of the way to answering this question for yourself. In particular, you should be sure you know the difference between Unicode and Ansi builds of a Win32/MFC project. Ideally, ...

Find Values
Hi, I have a table named cnom which has fields cname,number and total I also have a table with 10 (for explaination) fields, p1sX (X being 1-5) which is a name selected from cname in cnom and ctl1_diff_x (x again 1-5) which specifies a time but is in text format. This table also has a date field(key). I'm trying to create a report that shows the total for each cname in cnom between two specified dates. I've been trying to 0 total in cnom then add on the amount in ctl1_diff_x to total in the record where cnom is whatever is in p1sx. This is really tricky because any name could be ...

Multiplying values in columns
I want to be able to create totals in one column from entries in another column. For example if a3=10 a7=8 a11=8. I want the corresponding rows in column b to be multiplied by 18.75. ie . b3= a3*18.75 b7=a7*18.75 b11=a11*18.75 Not every row has an entry. Paste this formula in B3. =IF(A3<>"",A3*18.75,"") Now copy the A3 Formula and paste it for the remaining cells. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Ach" wrote: > I want to be able to create totals i...

SendUsing"configuration value is invalid #5
Now I'm receiving a Compile error sub or function not defined. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim cell As Range Dim Flds As Variant Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") ' iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults ' Set Flds = iConf.Fields ' With Flds ' Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 ' Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "smtp.mail.lycos.com" ' Item("http://sch...

replace cell value
how to replace sheet1. cell a1 with shhet2 cell a1 if sheet 2 cell a2 matches sheet1 cell a2 Run this small macro: Sub ReplaceIt() If Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A2").Value Then Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").Value End If End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "hershel" wrote: > how to replace sheet1. cell a1 with shhet2 cell a1 if sheet 2 cell a2 > matches sheet1 cell a2 > . > On ...

Displaying value of a variable on a form
Hello, I have a bound form which has several text boxes, each box is for a date. When the form opens, the Open event (through 5 IF statements) counts & increments the number of these boxes that have null values. I have a variable for this count. I would like to display the value of this count on the form. I have a text box for this. At the end of the event, I set the value of the text box = to the variable which is keeping count. The event runs fine but on the form, the text box displays the following: #Name? Can anyone explain why this happens and how to correctly display t...

catergory on the X axis; values on the Y axis
does anyone know how to display a category on the X axis and the values on the Y axis? You can use a line or a column chart. If you want something else, please come back and ask for more assistance. "100green" <100green@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73786BA3-C621-4AB9-955F-5F1626C9F591@microsoft.com... > does anyone know how to display a category on the X axis and the values on > the Y axis? ...

Converting files from older version
File from Money 2000 Deluxe is not converted to Money 2004 Standart. Were is the problem ? Tough to say without you providing more information than "is not converted". "Antanas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170c01c4a9f8$2852b8f0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > File from Money 2000 Deluxe is not converted to Money 2004 > Standart. Were is the problem ? Assuming you still have a RECENT Money 2000 file (even if on Floppy), the answer is to restore your 2000 file, export it, and then IMPORT it into 2004. A pain in the ass, yes. A sol...