How do I compare data in two different spreadsheets i.e. (column .

How do I compare data in two different spreadsheets i.e. (column 1 against
column 1)?
0
gadget (5)

Hi
see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
> How do I compare data in two different spreadsheets i.e. (column 1 against
> column 1)?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Windows Explorer Columns
Hi, The 'Date Modified' column doesn't appear on any of my folders. I add it, and when i browse away from that folder and return to it, it's disappeared again. How do i get every folder to show that column by default? Thanks, Albert A known Vista annoyance, already solved in Windows7. There're several solutions invlving Registry edit which sets your Template for a specific filetype to what you want, not to MS default - if you Google or Bing for it it should showuo in search results. Sorry I don't have exact URL at hand. it i I know it's f...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s
Hello again, My problem now is when I open an old excel sheet with data on it and try to paste that info on a new sheet I get wrong information. example: I'm trying to copy dates from an excel sheet I have. The dates are for the year 2004. When I copy the data and paste it on a new sheet the dates I now see are 2000. I'm puzzled. What I find wierd is when I have clipboard open the information shows the correct dates but when it's actually pasted on the sheet it shows as 2000. I'm using Excel 2003, but I get the same thing when using excel 2002(xp) Thanks for your help,...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

addtional suffix being added to e-mail address
We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an additional suffix to his e-mail address. He is the only one who has this problem. Is there a way to correct this situation. Hi - so he's connecting directly to your Exchange server via Outlook, and he has a properly configured mailbox with the appropriate default SMTP address? What is the additional suffix that's being added? BCEDA wrote: > We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He > cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an a...

Money Data
I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store the data externally. I can store the backup in a variety of places, however, I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to these media using browse from within the M...

Row/column grid lines
Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column Cheers Stuart. Hi Stuart, You need to use a fill color. Format>cells>pattern, pick the color closest to the background color. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD88DAF-4CDD-4D04-8E9E-A50D9A319672@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column. > > Cheers Stuart. Stuart, You can't remove the grid lines from a single row or column. Grid lin...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Range for Body of E-Mail
I am trying to use a range of cells in Excel as the body for an e-mail in Outlook. The name for the range is 'DuesReceipt'. It doesn't seem to like setting olBody to the range. Can someone help? Public olToName As String Public olccName As String Public olbccName As String Public olSubject As String Public olBody As String Public olRange As Object Public olAttach1 As String Sub SendReceipt() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olMail As MailItem Dim SigString As String Dim Signature As String Dim x...

How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i.
I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on same spreadsheet. Can anyone help? Spent way to long trying to figure out correct formula. =A30*80% assuming totals in A30 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect Landscaping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ACF893B-54DF-4EE4-A931-3BB5FA365821@microsoft.com... > I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 2...

data entry problem
I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data whic changes each month. The first sheet just has general data, but ther are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details Column A - product number Column B - color Column C - available Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in) [SHEET 1] Month 1 A B C D 2310 blue yes 2348 red M/R must sell soon 2362 blue no (some text data in-between) 2405 red M/R need to be redone 2450 grn yes sell cheap 2477 wh yes Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item t...

How do I sync Signatures and folders between different machines?
I use Outlook on two different machines and the set up is not synched correctly. My home version does not update when I add new folders on the work laptop and the signatures are not saved in the home PC version. The signatures were created on the laptop and saved there. I need help!!!!!!!!!!! What type of mail account? How are you currently attempting to sync? (outlook doesn't sync without the use of third party tools) What version of Outlook? "Ben Davidson" <Ben Davidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:708A9243-C1D4-48FD-84FE-7B37BB49FF99@...

E-mailing a distribution list to a third party
I am having trouble following the instructions in Outlook help for sending a distribution list. Help says: Open a new message. Click the message body. On the Insert menu, click Item. In the Look in list, click the folder that contains the distribution list that you want to send. Distribution lists are saved in the Contacts folder by default. In the Items list, click the distribution list that you want to send, and then click OK. Send the message I am not finding ITEM in my drop down Insert menu! This is only available when you have Outlook as the e-mail editor. You can also dr...

Data counting
hi there, I need a solution for excel. Sheet1. This worksheet excists of a column DATE where a user can fill in dates. These dates are of the format: dd/mm/yyyy . And a column AMOUNT. Where a user can fill in an amount. This amount is of the format: number, decimal 2 for example: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 34,80 12/07/2005 | 8,50 12/07/2005 | 12,90 20/07/2005 | 5,00 20/07/2005 | 7,50 24/07/2005 | 100,60 What I want to accomplish is the following. Excel has to make a SOM from the amounts per date. and list these SOMs on sheet2. in the format: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 56,20 ...

Excel 2002 annoyance
Greetings List I am using Excel XP amd Access XP I regularly run queries in Access and cut and paste the results into a new Excel spreadsheet. The Access data is usually formatted numeric, fixed, zero decimal places. Once pasted into Excel, it gains 2 decimal places and I get the little green triangle in each cell inviting me to convert to numeric of error check etc. Can anyone think of a way to retain the numeric formatting from the MS Access data? Regards George ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mess...

How do I not plot items with zero in a data series?

How do I display data from multiple worksheets in a summary sheet.
I have over 100 worksheets which are layout exactly the same. I want to create a summary sheet to display only certain information from all of them...like name, sales total, numbers of calls. I don't want to consolidate or tally the information just display them. Does anyone know how to do this? Many ways to skin this cat =Sheet1!C4 =Sheet1!C4 ... If the sheets will be always be accessible in an open workbook you could use =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!C4") In a macro you could use For i = 1 To 100 Cells(i, 1).FormulaR1C1 = &qu...

Sort numeric data in more than 3 columns in excel
Hi All, I have to sort 12 columns of numeric data in descending order on a excel worksheet. I currently sort 3 at a time and then move forward. For example, I have sales data for months Jan to Dec. I want each of these columns to show zeros at the bottom when the macro is run. The rows would increase in future but the columns would be fixed. The worksheet would also remains unchanged each month. None of these columns are of least significance. Is there a way I could change a recorded macro to achieve this?? I know very little of VB. This would be of great help! Thanks! All of the columns ...

How do I modify an excel spreadsheet so that it is the same as on.
I use Microsoft Office 2003. I work at a business where monthly activity is recorded on an excel spreadsheet . Each spreadsheet is for each month. I wanted the format that the September month is in to be the same as the October month spreadsheet. These were already in place before I started working on them. I added columns and labelled them the same as the October ones, but the result wasnt the same. What can I do to fix this? The added columns were suppose to automatically configure the correct dollar amount for the what we enter. possible issue: 1. there are formulas in the October...

Excel Data Integration
I'm trying to manipulate the adjust cost and general journal entry in Great Plains 9.0. I'm succesfully set data in the fields of headers but having difficulty on Scrolling window and also in activating radio buttons. Can anybody have a sample code for adding/deleting/getting data from/to scrolling window and email to me at poaps629@yahoo.com ? And I know there is a certain number key for adding a line /data in scrolling window which starts at 16384 of SQCNLINE and increment itself for every line added. It will be nice if I can also acquire how to use this. By the way, I am usi...

Cannot get background off of new e-mails
I have a very slight blue cross pattern on new e-mails that I send. How can I remove it? I have "blank" stationary selected. Thanks, Mike change stationary to <none>. "mike" <mikekrupp1@aol.com> wrote in message news:34c601c3553c$2b08edb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a very slight blue cross pattern on new e-mails > that I send. How can I remove it? > > I have "blank" stationary selected. > > Thanks, > Mike Thanks Chris >-----Original Message----- >change stationary to <none>. > > >"mike" &...

how do i delete a * at the end of each word in a column
In a column I have all last names followed by * e.g. Jones* How do I delete the * Thanks in advance for your help Use Replace, and put ~* in the Find What box. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "celler6" <celler6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C6160E7-7217-4D14-8671-0EA2513D501A@microsoft.com... > In a column I have all last names followed by * e.g. Jones* > How do I delete the * > Thanks in advance for your help =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"*",...