How do I combine several sheets into one document in Excel?

0
Johnny (25)

As you did not specify otherwise I presume there is something like Shee
1 has rows 1 to 250, sheet 2 has rows 1 to 500, and sheet 3 has rows
to 250 etc.

To join those you would highlight and Copy the rows in sheet 2, then
then in sheet 1 click in cell A251 and Paste, then repeat the proces
for sheet three into cell A751 etc.

If you wish to match-and-merge data on the same rows from columns i
another sheet that could be more difficult

--
Bryan Hesse
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105

Hi

With code you can do this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Extruder Johnny" <Extruder Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
rondebruin (3790)

Excel hangs when manipulating large spreadsheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running an updated version of Excel 2008 (version 12.2.3) on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac (4GB memory, 320 GB hard drive w/165 GB available). When I am working with a moderate sized workbook (17 MB, 21,000 rows x 26 columns) of data Excel will hang when I attempt to copy and paste sections of the spreadsheet or attempt to copy a function across all the rows of the spreadsheet. The files were originally xlsx files. I saved them to xlsb files but am still having the same problem. Activity monitor shows that E...

Excel bug: conditional formatting
When using conditional formatting with more than more formula, the formatting ceases to go through all conditions once one condition becomes true. This isn't the same behavior as when cell values are used. This to me is a bug, but if this is intended, it should at least be an option to continue through all conditions. The behaviour is the same when cell values are used. For example: Condition 1: Cell Value Is greater than 10 Format: Bold Condition 2: Cell Value Is greater than 20 Format: Red Condition 3: Cell Value Is greater than 30 Format: Italic A cell that contains a...

Excel Web Queries
I know how to setup Excel 2002 web queries from sites that are publicl available. The question is: *can you setup web queries linked to a we site that is private (i.e. you need a password to access it) such a your private portfolio in Morningstar or similar sites? -- rpensott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rpensotti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26267 ...

Excel VB
I have produced a table, Data, which automatically generates a char using Macro's and VB. However, I am trying to add more rows to increas the size of the chart but unfortunatly, I cannot get the chart range to increase automatically. Something that I would like to do. I have attached the file to hopefully help. By clicking onto the Macro Update, I would like to update the chart even if and when new rows ar added to the table in Data. I think that the problem lies in Name Ranges and I have added '*' t where in the macro I think that the problem is. Is there anyone who can hel...

Finding duplicate records in Excel
I know how to find duplicate records in Access but, for a broad-range project that I shall be working on Excel, is the way I want to go. I shall be mergind data from various sources and I will want to find and eliminate duplicate entries. I did not find any answers under Google groups. Can someone point me to reference material(s) regarding this topic? KG http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm And from Google search...... http://snipurl.com/bjjc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:15:01 -0800, "KG" <...

Excel template has no pagesetup when opening from VB
Could anybody help me how to get back the pagesetup of a template? I have a VB application to create a workbook from a template. When I launch the from VB, it works fine to get back the pagesetup from the template with: oWorkBook=oExcelApp.WorkBooks.Open (Filename:="myWorkbook.xlt", Edittable:=False) oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes the defined header from the template But when I launch the compiled EXE oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes an empty string. Any idea? Thanks for any help! ...

Display form from an VB application in Excel
Dear All, I have the following problem with a macro. I hope somebody may help me. Problem: I want to display a VBA form created in an VB application on top of an Excel worksheet to enter some information. But when I show the form after opening the Excel workbook, the macro automatically switches back to the application showing this form (and not on top of the Excel workbook). Code: .... 'Open Excel workbook Set xlS = clsApp.GetApplication("excel.Application") Set xlsWB = xlS.Workbooks.Open(filename) xlS.Visible = True 'Show form on top of that Excel workbook frm.Show vbMod...

"Excel needs to close"
Frequently, when turning my computer on, I will get the error message, "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close". It has not been left on nor was it used in the previous session of computer use. I am using XP Home. How can I fix it or should I even be concerned? Check to see what is starting up when you boot your computer up. See if anything is in teh startup folder, check using msconfig as well "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message news:3om_h.111445$s8.90157@newsfe21.lga... > Frequently, when turning my comp...

Copy information from one cell to several different cells
I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however they put the name and address together in one cell and I need them in seperate cells so I can sort on the address. Is there a way I can take the information in one cell and move it to several different cells, without having to cut and paste every one of the 2000 cells. If they are separated by a common delimiter, you can use the Data->'Text to Columns...' feature. -- Regards, Dave "BRyan" wrote: > I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however > th...

Scribe Migration from Goldmine question? Linked documents failure fetching source row
I am running into a little "failure fetching source row" error on part 3 of the migration from goldmine to crm using scribe. it appears that there are some "broken links" in our linked documents section of goldmine. This is due to documents being linked, and then someone moving them. This is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but Scribe stops cold with the "failure fetching source row" is there any way to make it continue, rather than breaking the migration? Rodney P.S. i knew i would jinx myself.... ((see my earlier post)) This is a Scribe issu...

Addressing cells on inactive sheets
Hi, I 'm still using Excel 97 and have this sub in a module. Public Sub CellsOnInactiveSheet() With Sheets("Sheet1") .Range(.Range("A1"), .Range("B2")).Select End With End Sub If any sheet except Sheet1 is active this produces an error. I would have thought with a fully qualified address it should work with any sheet active. I don't really want to activate the sheet if I can help it. Any help appreciated, thanks, John Duffus Perhaps the .Select property cannot cross-over sheets; it is restricted to only the sheet where code is running. "...

Error 1004 using array in Sheet select.
If I select a sheet with its real name: Sheets("Sheet1").Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2")).Select >>>>>- Works fine If I assign the sheet name(s) to a constant Public Const TSGSheet1 = "Sheet1" Public Const TSGSheet2 = "Sheet2" Sheets(TSGSheet1).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(TSGSheet2).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array(TSGSheet1, TSGSheet2)).Select >>>>>- fails with Error 1004 My macro's/V...

need macro ideas for storing report sheets to workbook
HI!! thanks for helping!! Can anyone give me an idea(s) to write a macro that will take my current report ( a template)for the day and purge (store) say... to "workbook 1" , "page one" and then renew the report sheet for new data and then store it next to the previous page in the same worksheet as i create a report for each day. I will be doing 540 days worth of reports ( text and data) and would like it under the same workbook. If not at all impossible....have it sort or file the reports by its date of inputinto its designated worksheet by month.. example: reports ...

want to uncheck "Hide spellling errors in ths document"
I've received a Word doc from someone that does not show the spelling errors. When I go to Tools/Options/Spelling & Grammar, I see that "Hide spelling errors in this document" is checked, but the check and the words are grayed out and I cannot uncheck it -- what gives? I want to uncheck that. I'm using Word 97. Jack ...

html source code into Excel
Can anyone tell me how to (in VBA) get the source code for a web page into a string so that I can parse it? Note: I can't use a Query Table for this part as the data I need is imbedded into an href. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul ...

Excel - Array Formulas - Freeze
Hi all I have a big problem. It takes about 30 minutes to save my excel fil because I have many array formula: about 32 000! So do you have a ti to accelerate the computing process? Is a VBA function would do i faster? Here is an example of what I use: Col A contain unique numbers Sheet 1: Col A Col B Col C Row1 001 123 9i9 Row2 005 456 8u8 Row3 003 406 8ur etc... to +8000 In sheet 2, I have to check if the data exist in sheet 1. Col D contai Yes (data is in the sheet1) or No... Examples: Col D check if the data in Col B is the same in sheet 1 Col...

How to replicate Excels' numeric "Accounting" format in Access Rep
How to replicate Excels' numeric "Accounting" format in Access Report client want's Access report to output values in format identical to Excel's numeric "Accounting" format if I try to difine it as such it converts the 'Format' definition to >> \acc"ou"n"ti"n\g and strangely dosen't give the desired result I'm using Office 2003 on Windows 2000 -- Jim Have you tried Currency with 2 decimal places? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom...

Emails not coming in to my Exchange sever 2003
I have an exchange 2003 server .Since this morning all emails sent to me from the outside are not comeing in .I am able to get internal email's.Any Help will be helpfull. can you telnet to your server on port 25 from the outside? check the incoming queue. Guy wrote: > I have an exchange 2003 server .Since this morning all emails sent to me > from the outside are not comeing in .I am able to get internal email's.Any > Help will be helpfull. What you want to do is verify all the services on Exchange are working correctly and nothing outragous on the eventvwr. If you ch...

how to save file with preview in excel
How do you save a file with preview in excel On the File menu, choose Properties, then the Summary tab. There, check the "Save preview picture" checkbox. "Rebee" <Rebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261A3C8B-D77D-4879-9FDE-6BE996033261@microsoft.com... > How do you save a file with preview in excel ...

GP10 Smartlist problem output to Excel 2010
When we see the listing in the Smartlist, we click the button with Excel logo, to export the listing to Excel, but GP prompt with error message :Unable to start Microsoft Excel http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4100/errorw.png This is the newly purchased workstation. This is the first computer that is come with Microsoft Office 2010 version, the rest are still using Office 2007. And this new computer has never been successfully launched Excel from the Smartlist. We are wondering if the Office 2010 STARTER edition can work work with Dynamics GP 10 with FP1 SP4. Please advice ...

Modify RM HATB by Document Number
Hi, Our receivable orders either start with SL which means sales or MN which means maintenance or RN which means renewal. we want to run the HATB separately for each of these order sequence. I tried to add a restriction but do not know how to add a 'begins with' restriction as I only see equal to operator available. Also, say if the restriction works, how can I duplicate the report into 3 copies and run it with different restrictions in the same reports dictionary. Stacey Try using the SUBSTRING function, e.g. SUBSTRING=("SL*") See Knowledge Base article: 856861 ...

2 Subforms, can't change link fields for one
I have two subforms on my main form. The second is a copy of the first, but I want to link it to separate fields on the main form. When I open the main form in design view, the first subform shows in design view, but the second is just a blank control. The controlsource field is set to the same as the first. When I try to change the link child/master fields, it says: "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." and blanks it out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, =Ray= ...

To unlock the access of my Excel sheet
Hello, I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sheet? Thank you in advance, JeanMickey You can download the free Utiliities program from www.appspro.com/Utilities/Utilities.htm This includes a password breaker by the wizard Bob Bovey. HTH remember, if this helps click Yes Peter "JeanMickey" wrote: > Hello, > > I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. > Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sh...

Stamp, Watermark In Excel??
I have a purchase order document that I created in Excel. I would like to have some kind of electronic "stamp" or "watermark" that I can import or put on the document to show "PAID" or something to that effect. Does anyone have suggestions or know of a way that I can do this. I know that in Microsoft Word it allows you to put a watermark in the background. This is essentially what I am trying to do but I am working with Excel. Thanks for any help. Hi Monica, See xlDynamic FAQ page on watermarks at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.htm...

Basic Excel Help....!
Hi, I am a newbie to this board and to excel.. I have a list of numbers: 07973190447 07788520694 07803297928 07753115869 07736777401 What I want to do is delete the 0 at the start and replace it with 44 is there a quick way of doing this... Thanks, Simo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Copy this formula down the next column and format as number. =A1+44000...