How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Change default font format in Excel
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold, red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks. Michael, Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Cou...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

How insert a file into an email w/o it automatically attaching it
Hi, I am trying to insert a word document file from a folder to an email and it keeps attaching it to the email instead of inserting it inside of the email. Thanks for any assistance! "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D04C381-637A-4C6D-937C-2451B7321977@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to insert a word document file from a folder to an email and > it > keeps attaching it to the email instead of inserting it inside of the > email. > > Thanks for any assistance! What version of Outlook? use copy and paste or...

Opening for Great Plains Developer in SF Bay Area
Hi, We have a current position open for a Great Plains developer to perform dB maintenance for Great Plains installation. Open to Contract or Contract to Perm. Full job description on request. Please email if you are interested. Thanks, Brendan McIntyre brendan@emailpcs.com ...

Core Chart
Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. Can you help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Isabel <ialduen@catholiccharitiesden.com>... > Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. a) The core of what? A black hole? An apple? A nuclear power plant? b) This is a Microsoft Publisher group. Your question is hardly relavent to the topic of discussion really. Why did you choose this group? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer...

Formatting
I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in Live Mail. Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook. In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for? Colin Brown WL MVP "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com... > I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible > in > Live Mail. "...

Hierarchy Pyramid Chart
Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? It doesn't seem to be an option, but maybe some type of addin??? Thanks in advance Nevermind - I realized that the pyramid is actually a diagram. So I inserted a Diagram - Organizational Chart instead and it's just what I needed!!! "Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote: > Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a > pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? > It doesn't ...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

Formating
Hi, In a Column 'A' sales Commission is calculated and resulta is as 250, 200, 300, 330. I wanted to format a cell with a Blinking colours where value is 100 to 250, 250 to 300, 300 to 350 and 350 & above. please help to format my sheet ... thanks Ismail, Getting your cells to "blink" is not in the standard Excel formats What you want would require some extensive programming, certainly, ou of my capabilities. However, there are some great things you can do with Excel' CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Let's say in column A you have numbers that are the result of formu...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...