How do I change the width of the data validation list box?

I use data validation to select data entries. The width of the list box is
different in some worksheets. How do I control the width to expand when there
is longer text in the list range?
0
Lawson1 (2)

That box's width is determined by the width of the cell that has the
Data|Validation.

Can you widen the column?

Can you (ugh) merge some cells?

--

Dave Peterson
0

     http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider

Dave Peterson wrote:
> That box's width is determined by the width of the cell that has the
> Data|Validation.
>
> Can you widen the column?
>
> Can you (ugh) merge some cells?
>
> Davy Lawson wrote:
>
>>I use data validation to select data entries. The width of the list box is
>>different in some worksheets. How do I control the width to expand when there
>>is longer text in the list range?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Changing language

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...