How Do I Change The Selected Row?

I tried to change the selected row by doing...

ActiveCell.row = 55

I wanted to change the selected cell to row 55.  It gives me an error.
How can I do this?

Great.. I got it to work by just typing

Range("A55").select

Try:

ActiveSheet.Cells(55, ActiveCell.Column).Select

--
_______________________
Robert Rosenberg
"kenji4861" <kenji4861.vy03n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I tried to change the selected row by doing...
>
> ActiveCell.row = 55
>
> I wanted to change the selected cell to row 55.  It gives me an error.
> How can I do this?

colum to rows #2
thank you for the suggestion but with some 15000 rows and maybe 1400 names in colum a, it would be very painfu -- alexander ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alexanderd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=498 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27543 How about a small macro? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iRow As Long Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim wks As Worksheet Dim TopCell As Range Dim BotCell As Range Set wks = Worksheets(&q...

VLOOKUP
When I query a datatable using VLOOKUP I get the answer returned fro the first instance of a name that appears albeit in the correct column If ABC is in row 2 with a value of 5 and also in row 3 with a value o 6, I get the reult 5 from row 2 in my formula. What I need is for formula that will sum all instances of the row name ABC so giving m the answer 11 (5+6). Ideally I don't want to go into VB scripting bu can handle nesting ormulae. I don't want to use dat>subtotals either a I need it to work 'behind the scenes' I am using Excel 2000. Any help would be gratefully receiv...

Unread emails automatically change to read after a few minutes
I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails (and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the cause - The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or updated anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the day before and starting it this morning....

Select All Pictures and Change Wrapping Style to Behind Text
I am trying to get a macro that can change the wrapping style to behind text for all the pictures in the document. It would also be great if I could get this macro to change a lot of other properties too. For example, I want all the photos behind text, center horizontal alignment, height = 4", width = proportional. It would also be great if this macro could add a text box under each picture which was grouped with its respective picture. Any advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Funny you should ask this now. I was just fighting with the same problem yeste...

Change reply-to address in outlook 2003 exchange cllient
How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile. Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client? Thx John John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote: > How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in > outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a > client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile. > > Where do I set the reply-to address...

Changing cursor (sizing problem)
Hi, I've created a cursor, and MSVC6 allows me to make it 16x16 pixels (what I want). Then I set the cursor at runtime: HCURSOR lhCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(IDC_NEWCURSOR); SetCursor(lhCursor); However, when running, it's size is 32x32. How to I get it to be the 16x16 I wanted? >Hi, I've created a cursor, and MSVC6 allows me to make it 16x16 pixels >(what I want). Then I set the cursor at runtime: > >HCURSOR lhCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(IDC_NEWCURSOR); >SetCursor(lhCursor); > >However, when running, it's size is 32x32. How to I get it to b...

Allow changing a recalled quote to a layaway
When you recall a quote you only have the option to have the customer pickup the whole quote or change the quote to a workorder. It would be useful to have the option to create a layaway from the recalled quote. Marc Beverly's Pet ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

change the year in a list of dates ex 1/3/2003 to 1/3/2004
I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I want to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list. How do I do that? say the dates you have now are in col A in a new column, type =a1+365 and copy down then do a /copy/special/values on the new column so it becomes static and no longer refers to col A... then delete col A and move teh new column to Col a work on a copy of your file to make sure I have it right... "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57252856-7A95-4C46-8B96-10E4D127EAB9@microsof...

Extracting certain rows from data
I have a 4 column/4000 row spreadsheet. I need to extract the data on only every 10th row. So I need 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. I don't care if the data is on the same spreadsheet, or on another one. I just can't figure out how to do it. Anyone up for the challenge? All help is appreciated. This example will copy the rows to a sheet with the name Sheet2 Sub copytest() Dim R As Long Dim rng As Range For R = 10 To 100 Step 10 Set rng = Sheets("sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count). _ End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) Rows(R).Copy rng ...

DataSet row to a Object Array Casting issue. Boolean
I have a class name OrderAckType and it has 3 variables public boolen orderSubmit; public string orderid; public string orderNumber; and i have to get the data from the database and basically this is my Query select Convert(bit,1) as orderSubmit, orderid,orderNumber from order_master The data is returned in the DataSet. Now i want to move that data to this object. so i am doing this. OrderAckType[] oack2 = new OrderAckType[10]; oOrderAckDS.Tables[0].Rows.CopyTo(oack2,0); it cannot convert this bcos of the casting, in the Dataset the ordersubmit is "true" and datatype String. ...

selecting text and spikes

Locking Rows at Top of Worksheet
I can't remember how to lock the headings across the top of the worksheet so when I scroll down those headings remain in view. Select the row below your headings Choose Window>Freeze Panes Gerry wrote: > I can't remember how to lock the headings across the top of the > worksheet so when I scroll down those headings remain in view. > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thank you, Debra. That's what I was trying to remember. "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wro...

De-selecting ALIGN TO SLIDE option.
The ALIGN TO SLIDE menu option is selected all of a sudden and I am unable to de-select it. Therefore I am unable to align the objects to each other efficiently. What caused this condition and how can I deselect this option? Darla, Is the option also gone when you have multiple items selected? Sandy "Darla" wrote: > The ALIGN TO SLIDE menu option is selected all of a sudden and I am unable to > de-select it. Therefore I am unable to align the objects to each other > efficiently. What caused this condition and how can I deselect this option? Hi Darla...

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically
How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? What do you want to change it to? On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally spaced fonts single spacing is correct. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Select first chart in sheet
I would like to select the first chart in the sheet and set the min and max values... the code says an object is not set... any help is appreciated! Dim MinVal As Range Dim MaxVal As Range Dim ch As Chart Set MinVal = ActiveSheet.Range("o17").Value Set MaxVal = ActiveSheet.Range("o16").Value ch = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart For Each ch In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects Select Case ch.ChartType Case xlLineMarkers With ch.Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = MinVal .MaximumScale = MaxVal End Wi...

i want to only select one name from a list of the same names
I have a column of names and in the column there are 20 rows saying "apples" and 10 rows saying "oranges" and 5 rows of "bannanas". I would like to produce a report that pulls only the name i.e. "apples", which would then allow me to produce a consolidated list of names. This would mean that I would end up with 3 rows one saying "apples", one saying "oranges and one saying "bannanas". In B1 use =A1 In B2, add =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$20&""),0)),"", INDEX(IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$A$20),&qu...

Can I change the organizer of an Outlook 2007 meeting?
If a meeting is already set up by another user, is there a way to change the organizer (by the original organizer or another) instead of having to delete the original and resending out a new one? Thanks! No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outl...

Use Combo Box to Select Month to Display Data on Chart
Hi All, I have a bar graph that shows the following information X Axis = Date Y Axis = Copper Produced Question: How can I enable the user to select a month from a drop-down list and the chart show the data only for the selected month? -- Carlee Here are a couple ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Carlee" <Carlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7779E1...

Changing e-mail program
Is there a way to change the e-mail program that is begin used by excel? Hi John You can change it in the Internet options(Programs tab) on the control panel -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "John A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dc501c3a9e5$9b2ba6c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the e-mail program that is begin > used by excel? ...

Entering a date that then gets changed to next weekday Thursday's date, say?
I don't want to make the current sheet I'm working on too complicated, so prefer not to go the macro route. Was hoping a formula would take care of this (?). If I enter a date via "^;", it would be so nice if the sheet knew to change the date to the following Thursday's date. i.e., when I type ^; into the currently empty date cell, it puts today's date of "2006.12.27.Wed" which I then stop to fix to nearest Thursday. Instead, it would be very helpful if a formula or something non-macro did that for me and changed it to the nearest Thursday's date, in...

row number in Excel
Hi, I am using ODBC to connect to an Excel database, does anyone know of a function that I can use to select from row 50 to 100 of a spreadsheet. So, is it possible to use an sql statement on Excel database to get a range of rows? Does Excel have a row number function? Thanks Feng ...

Select unique products per customer?
Looking at the Northwind database as an example, I need to take all the products from the Orders table and put them into one field in a table for each customer so that I end up with each customer and the products they've ordered in row with no duplicate products for each customer. Thanks for any help/suggestions. Jim Putting them in a table is the wrong thing to do as it will be out of date the next time something is ordered. Just use this query each time -- SELECT CustomerID, Product FROM YourTable GROUP BY CustomerID, Product; -- Build a little, test a l...

Pivot Table: How can I organize data items in a row?
Hi, I am trying to build a pivot table which has categories only in row fields but not in column fields. Instead, the data items should be organized in columns instead of rows. For example, this is what I have now with two data items (habitants and location): inhabitants Country location --------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120 Asia But I want this: Country inhabitants location ------------------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120...

How do I make "No Header Row" the default in 'Sort Ascending'
I opften sort a range of cells using the Sort Ascending arrow. The majority of the time the first row dose not sort, and when I got to Data, sort The "Hesre Row" is ticked. How do I make the default 'No Header Row' and avoid using Data, Sort Thanks DT I don't think you can set the default for an alternative see the macros at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm#icons --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Display name change
My problem is this: I need email for just a few users to show up as shown below. This should be seen in the "From:" field on the recipient's email client. John Doe (Contractor) <jdoe@widgets.com> Currently it shows up in the recipient mailbox as: John Doe <jdoe@widgets.com> I tried changing the display name but it doesn't seem to work any differently. Is this possible? Seems like it should be relatively easy, but I guess I'm missing something somewhere. Dave display name is in fact the attribute you need to change. Once you change it, it should show u...