How Do I Change The Selected Row?

I tried to change the selected row by doing...

ActiveCell.row = 55

I wanted to change the selected cell to row 55.  It gives me an error.
How can I do this?

Great.. I got it to work by just typing

Range("A55").select

Try:

ActiveSheet.Cells(55, ActiveCell.Column).Select

--
_______________________
Robert Rosenberg
"kenji4861" <kenji4861.vy03n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I tried to change the selected row by doing...
>
> ActiveCell.row = 55
>
> I wanted to change the selected cell to row 55.  It gives me an error.
> How can I do this?

How to change the Excel Title Bar to show the full file path na...
I have a user that would like to see the full path name of a file in Excel in the Title Bar. Is there any way to change it from just the file name to the full path name? This will put the path in the Excel title bar. Put this code into a class module, mine is named clsAppEvents '--------------------------------------------------------------Option Explicit Public WithEvents App As Application Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window) App.Caption = Wb.Path End Sub '--------------------------------------------------------------Add this code t...

Global Address Change
Hi I have a quick question which I need assistance with. We would need the addresses of our contacts to automatically change when the address of a related account changes. Is this possible? I assume that I would need to use the OnChange event of the account form and that it would quite a complex bit of jscript. I am correct or is there an easier method. I was considering using a workflow rule, is this maybe easier? Appreciate any assitance. Many Thanks Mark Hi I forgot to mention that we are running CRM 3.0. I know that this can be done very easily in CRM 4.0 using workflow. Of cours...

Hide Rows if all values are zero
I am trying to write a macro that will hide a row if certain cells in that row are all zero. I want the macro to apply to all rows in the worksheet. Can anyone help? Hi, > I am trying to write a macro that will hide a row if certain cells in that > row are all zero Would you like to share with us which cells in a row they are? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "jessica" wrote: > I am trying to write a m...

Changing the lead Primary Key?
Hey guys We treat leads as companies rather than individuals, so for alot of records only the company names are filled in at this stage till a contact person is investigated. How can we change the view to reflect this? Basically, we want to remove the showing of the primary key which in this case is name and simply show the fields we want, such as sorting by company name? If yu look into the System customization section of the app, you will see that you can modify the Lead views. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------...

how to change font size of datalabels of two charts in a sheet
hey guys i have two charts in a sheet how to change the font size and AutoScaleFont of datalabels in them through VBA?? -- amrezzat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ amrezzat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28766 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540051 The required syntax is discoverable using the macro recorder. The final result would look something like this: For Each chtob In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects For Each srs In chtob.Chart.SeriesCollection If srs.HasData...

Change from calendar month periods to fiscal periods (i.e. 4-4-5)
Has anyone had experience changing from calendar month periods to a fiscal periods but not changing from a calendar year to a fiscal year? Our company wants to change to a periods such as 4-4-5 but does not want to change from a calendar year. The only tool that GP brokers discuss is the fiscal period modifier which is only to (possibly - they say it sometimes doesn't work!) change from a calendar year to a fiscal year. ...

How to mass change the Transaction Type?
I just now figured out that I have been setting up my daily transfers to saving as withdrawals for the past year. So now I have >250 transactions I want to change from Withdrawal to Transfer. It seems the Find / replace wont let me change this. Is there another way? Also how do I setup a rule / flag so when ever it sees a specic "Pay To" name, it will always mark the transaction as a Transfer. Fro example- I use Bank of America - Keep the Change. I want all daily transactions to be marked as Transfers from now on. Thanks! No easy way. The way you've found is the e...

Changing color in Proofing toola
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For individuals with color deficiency (red/green colorblind) issues... Is it possible to change the &quot;underlines&quot; of the proofing tools to a different shade of red and/or green or different colors altogether If so, how? <br> Thanks I'm afraid there is no provision for doing so � even in System Preferences. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/18/10 1:43 PM, in article 59bb131f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "marklaca@officeformac.com" <marklaca@offic...

Hide and show Rows
I have been sent a couple of spreadsheets that have a column on the left with '+' and '-' icons to show and hide rows. Is this a macro? Or a feature I cant find? Okay, I found it. "Group" was the function I was looking for. Duane "Duane" wrote: > I have been sent a couple of spreadsheets that have a column on the left with > '+' and '-' icons to show and hide rows. Is this a macro? Or a feature I > cant find? > > Data|subtotals can add those +/- symbols, too. Duane wrote: > > Okay, I found it. "G...

Windows Embedded CE 6 DST Change on Wrong Day
We have been using CE 6 successfully on systems deloyed in a number of timezones, where some of those timezones do use daylight saving while others don't. Around the middle of summer/winter (pick a hemisphere) everything was fine. However, in early October our CE devices in UK changed out of DST, even though DST did not end in UK until the last week in October. Initially we suspected the timezone data - but when examined that we found it was correct (in the day in month form). We strongly suspect that CE 6 is not interpreting the StandardDate component of the TIME_ZON...

Can the max. number of 65,000 rows in Excel be increased?
I need the ability to download more than 65,000 rows into an Excel spreadsheet. Hi You can go as far as 65536 - and no further! -- Andy. "JWallCovista" <JWallCovista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD152297-DA57-4401-9A0A-3EC4307AF1BA@microsoft.com... >I need the ability to download more than 65,000 rows into an Excel >spreadsheet. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel If you do a google search you'll find some macros that people have offered that will put the first 65k+ rows in the first sheet, the next 65k in t...

select only companies having more than one unique zip code?
In the following list I have 4 different companies -- 'abc', 'bcd', 'cde', and 'def' 'abc' is listed 4 times and contains 2 different zipcodes, 'bcd' is listed twice but only contains one unique zip code, 'cde' contains 3 different zip codes, and 'def' is listed only once with one zip code. I need to select companies 'abc' and 'cde' because they contain more than one unique zip code. What is the tsql to accomplish this kind of query? create table #tmpA(rowID int Identity(1,1), Co varchar(50), zip ...

Multiple criteria selected using checkboxes determine query result
I have a form with unbound checkboxes. Two groups of checkboxes are within a frame that only allows one checkbox to be selected within that group and then a list of checkboxes that allows the user to select the location from which the data will represent. Based on the checkboxes, the filter retrieves the records using a query and populates a subform in the footer of the form. Since the checkbox is considered a value, but the field it matches against in the query is text, the code bombs out. I'm using Access 2003 and appreciate any help you can offer. I haven't done ...

email format is changed from HTML to Text
I haven't done any research on this, I hope someone has the answer. Sometimes when I reply to a message, the email format is changed from HTML to Plain text automatically, It does't happen when I am writing a new email, it is just sometimes when I am replying. Are you sure that the message to which you are replying is HTML and not just plain text with foreign encoding? For example, I set the encoding for this message to Turkish, but it is still plain text. It just doesn't appear that way (to me anyway, and possibly also you). Ray at work "Alex Perez" <aperezny@h...

MS CRM 3.0 Changing Business Unit of Team
Hi, How to change current BU of the Team? CRM don't seems to be allowing to update BU once Team is created. Will it cause any problem if I try to do it from Backend or using CRM SDK? Thanks Makarand Unfortunately, Team cannot be updated after creation, only adding and removing user members to them. If SDK could do it, then it would be the supported option vs. directly in the database. Check with the MSCRM Developer forum on the SDK approach. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Mak"...

How to lock the size of a text box so it won't keep changing?
I format a text box in line with the guides and lock the aspect ratio (and save the file) but when I come back to the pages the size of the text boxes has changed. Any suggestions? ...

Conditional Format to highlight rows
Column A is not formatted as a date but does contain the year and month as 2010 03. How can I use Conditional Formatting to highlight that row when it is the current month and current year? thanks to all... Use the formula =AND(--LEFT(A2,4)=YEAR(TODAY()),--RIGHT(A2,2)=MONTH(TODAY())) as your condition. Or =AND(--LEFT($A2,4)=YEAR(TODAY()),--RIGHT($A2,2)=MONTH(TODAY())) if you want to highlight the whole row. -- David Biddulph "Jack Deuce" <stephen.moore@REMOVETOREPLYipa.net> wrote in message news:ripko51hnsc1sh8n1i126laq9vmtmnkon0@4ax.com... > Colu...

Recover or Change PST password
Does anyone know of a way to recover or change the password on a PST without opening the file. The user forgot his password. The user is out of luck. There are password recovery services that you can utilize - check on google for some possibilities. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Eric <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Does anyone know of a way to recover or ...

Change start of day #2
its a simple formula that subtracts one colum from another using dates. =G3-B3 G3 is the final date and B3 is the first date. What im trying to do i base these dates not on a standard 12am to 12pm day but on a 5am to 5p day. I'm clueless as to how to even begin in that direction. Also Tim is another factor which I would like to incorporate into my fina total. SO basically it looks like this A B C D F G H TITLE 1ST 2ND 1ST 3RD 2ND 4TH T...

change label on subFORM in REPORT
I have a REPORT with in it a subFORM Now I have this label (lblMonth) that I want to change. How should I do this? What would be the proper event to do this? The lblMonth should contain the name of the month as jan 07 Any ideas? TIA, Henro Hi If you are referenceing a field. In the subreport header pleace the Date field (or a copy of it). Set the format to mmm yy If you want this month's date In the report header (or sorted field header). Put an unbound text box. Control source = Date() Format = mmm yy Hope this helps -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Henrootje" wrote:...

Email forwarding
Outlook 2003. Ive changed the default font for Replies & Forwards to arial but when i forward an email ive received the font resets to Times NR. Anyone got any ideas? cheers Jon "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F5136BE-EFF5-40AA-8B68-C101D764EEC0@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003. Ive changed the default font for Replies & Forwards to arial > but when i forward an email ive received the font resets to Times NR. Anyone > got any ideas? Dis the message to which you are replying use Times? Outlook always uses the ...

Copy from row above if cell is empty in column
How can I get a column to test if there is text in a row above when there is an empty cell, and then copy the text from the row above into the empty cell automaticlly? Thanks, Jacky D. =if(a1="","",a1) (in A2) If you're trying to fill a bunch of cells with the value from the above cells, you may want to take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html She has some manual ways (very quick though) and some code, too. Jacky D. wrote: > > How can I get a column to test if there is text in a row above when there is > an ...

unprotecting selected cells
I want my employees to be able to enter data into some cells in a worksheet but the rest I want protected. I go to protection under tools and protect the worksheet but can't figure out how to unlock the few I want accessible. Glenn I'd mark all of the cells ctrl-a, press ctrl-1 => protection => lock. Then mark only those cells you'd want others to edit, and ctrl-1 => protection => unlock. then you protect the sheet. good luck -- ____________________ Peter Andersen account_name@hotmail.com ____________________ "Glenn Rowe" <extremepyro@comcast.net&g...

Need help with SELECT statement (return MAX date).
I need to return the MAX date either of these 3 columns below. Thank you so you in advance. Below is the rules and desire results. IF OBJECT_ID('T1', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE T1 GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[T1] ( [LoanNum] [varchar](10) NOT NULL, [OfferPrice] [money] NULL, [MgrApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [DirApprDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [ExecApprDate] [datetime] NULL, [ExitStrategyMainCategoryID] [int] NULL, [ExitStrategySubCategory1ID] [int] NULL ) GO INSERT INTO dbo.T1([LoanNum],[OfferPrice],[MgrApprDate],[DirApprDate],[ExecApprDate],[...

VLOOKUP & table array selection
I hope someone can help me. Is there a way to select the table array i VLOOKUP from a cell reference? Cause i can't figure out how to do it.: =VLOOKUP(A6,'MY WORKSHEET'!1:65536,27,FALSE) Where MY WORKSHEET would be a ref from A -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =VLOOKUP(A6,INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!1:1000"),27,FALSE) Frank > I hope someone can help me. Is there a way to select the table array > in VLOOKUP from a cell reference? Cause i can't figure out how to do > it.:( > > > =VLOOKUP(A6,'MY...