How do I change the format of how my active cell in Excel is view.

I sometimes have trouble locating which cell is active in my Excel worksheet.
 I would like to be able to change it to something other than just a heavy
black border.
0
Whaley (2)

Here is one way that highlights the row and column of the activecell.

Private Sub WorkSheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

    Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
    With Target.EntireRow
        .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
        .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
    End With
    With Target.EntireColumn
        .FormatConditions.Delete
        .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
        .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35
    End With
    With Target
        .FormatConditions.Delete
        .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
        .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
    End With

End Sub

HTH

RP

"James Whaley" <James Whaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I sometimes have trouble locating which cell is active in my Excel
worksheet.
>  I would like to be able to change it to something other than just a heavy
> black border.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

Conditional formatting macro
Help. I would like to know if it is possible to have a macro that changes the colour of a cell dependant on the number or text within. eg If the following cells were populated as follows a1=1 Make the cell Green =2 Make the cell Red =3 Make the cell Blue =4 Make the cell Orange and so on till 7 Is this at all possible ? I know that i can colour cells 3 times with simple conditional formatting, but would like to run upto seven different colours. any help would be appreciated. Steve '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksh...

Custom Formatting for Dates
Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same cell. Think that is what I need. Using custom formatting: yymmdd and making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify). Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ## is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text??? Thanks a1 11/2/05 b1 =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") you will get b1 051102 ==================== "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89817178-868E-4E3C-9946-6A1E93B0080F@microsoft.com... > Is there a man...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

move cell contents

Excel not Access

New Disk storage