How do I change the Excel 2000 sheet tab size? It's too small.

For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
be bigger?
0
Kelli (10)

Kelli

This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.

The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
Windows Display Appearance.  Mine are at 18.  Start there and work your way
up or down.  The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.

Win98 as example...

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance(WinXP
Appearance>Advanced)

"Item" drop down select Scrollbar

Change setting to Taste
Apply
OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:49:01 -0800, "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
>be bigger?

0
Gord
11/29/2004 11:44:28 PM
Hi Gord,

Thank you so much - this was exactly what I needed!

Kelli

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Kelli
>
> This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.
>
> The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
> Windows Display Appearance.  Mine are at 18.  Start there and work your way
> up or down.  The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.
>
> Win98 as example...
>
> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance(WinXP
> Appearance>Advanced)
>
> "Item" drop down select Scrollbar
>
> Change setting to Taste
> Apply
> OK
>
> Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.
>
> Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.
>
> Gord Dibben  Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:49:01 -0800, "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
> >be bigger?

0
Kelli (10)
12/1/2004 5:23:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback Kelli.

When you're happy, we're all happy.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:23:08 -0800, "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi Gord,
>
>Thank you so much - this was exactly what I needed!
>
>Kelli
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Kelli
>>
>> This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.
>>
>> The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
>> Windows Display Appearance.  Mine are at 18.  Start there and work your way
>> up or down.  The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.
>>
>> Win98 as example...
>>
>> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance(WinXP
>> Appearance>Advanced)
>>
>> "Item" drop down select Scrollbar
>>
>> Change setting to Taste
>> Apply
>> OK
>>
>> Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.
>>
>> Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.
>>
>> Gord Dibben  Excel MVP
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:49:01 -0800, "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
>> >be bigger?

0
Gord
12/1/2004 11:11:52 PM
I'm looking for an answer to the same question.
Oscar

"Kelli" wrote:

> For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it to
> be bigger?
0
racso (1)
2/5/2005 3:37:02 AM
This is really a Windows controlled property, which means that Word and
other applications will also be affected by this change.

Since the sheet tabs are actually located on the scroll bar, enlarging the
scrollbar will enlarge the tabs along with it.

Right click on your Windows desktop, and choose "Properties".
Click on the "Appearance" tab, and then on the "Advanced" button.
Expand the "Items" box, and click on "scrollbar".
My default size is 17, so an increase to 25 will make a very noticeable
change to the tab size, but play around to find your preference.

Don't forget, any changes apply to other apps as well.
--

HTH,

RD

"Kelli" wrote:

> For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change it
> be bigger?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/5/2005 12:29:19 PM
Think its a windows setting

Try adjusting the "Scrollbar" size bigger to say: 25

In Windows XP:
Right-click at any empty spot in desktop > Properties
In Display Properties dialog, choose Appearance tab
Click "Advanced" button
In the Advanced Appearance dialog
Click the "Item" droplist > choose 'Scrollbar"
Set size to say: 25 > OK > Apply

--
Rgds
Max
"racso" <racso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for an answer to the same question.
> Oscar
>
> "Kelli" wrote:
>
> > For some reason my sheet tab size is very very small. How can I change
it to
> > be bigger?

0
demechanik (4694)
2/5/2005 12:31:26 PM
Why size 25 ? Quite an amazing coincidence <g>

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8,  1� 22' N  103� 45' E
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----

0
demechanik (4694)
2/5/2005 12:37:30 PM
Tell me your original was 17, and it'll be stranger still, since I increased
mine from 16 a while ago in a test, and never changed it back.
--

Regards,

RD

"Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Why size 25 ? Quite an amazing coincidence <g>

--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8,  1� 22' N  103� 45' E
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/5/2005 1:17:28 PM
"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote
> Tell me your original was 17
... 18, pretty close <g>
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8,  1� 22' N  103� 45' E
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----

0
demechanik (4694)
2/5/2005 1:51:32 PM
RagDyeR wrote:
> This is really a Windows controlled property, which means that Word and
> other applications will also be affected by this change.
>
> Since the sheet tabs are actually located on the scroll bar, enlarging the
> scrollbar will enlarge the tabs along with it.

Isn't the OP talking about WORKSHEET tabs, not Taskbar tabs?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

Regards,

RD

"Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
RagDyeR wrote:
> This is really a Windows controlled property, which means that Word and
> other applications will also be affected by this change.
>
> Since the sheet tabs are actually located on the scroll bar, enlarging the
> scrollbar will enlarge the tabs along with it.

Isn't the OP talking about WORKSHEET tabs, not Taskbar tabs?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
counting!)
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
to email me remove the obvious!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/5/2005 3:37:46 PM
RagDyeR wrote:
> Yes Gord, he is ... And sooooo?<g>
Soooooo - it's not a Windows property, it's an Excel property and won't
affect Word 'cos Word doesn't HAVE tabs.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
counting!)
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
to email me remove the obvious!
0
gordonbp11 (453)
2/5/2005 4:41:27 PM
Gordon,

The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
I usually say this to OPs ... Have you tried it ?

My post mentioned that the *SCROLL*  (horizontal AND vertical) bar will be
enlarged, and since the sheet tabs in XL are on the scroll bar, they will be
increased in size also, as will the scroll bars in Word.
--

RagDyeR wrote:
> Yes Gord, he is ... And sooooo?<g>
Soooooo - it's not a Windows property, it's an Excel property and won't
affect Word 'cos Word doesn't HAVE tabs.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
counting!)
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
to email me remove the obvious!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/5/2005 4:56:46 PM
RagDyeR wrote:
> Gordon,
>
> The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
> I usually say this to OPs ... Have you tried it ?
>
> My post mentioned that the *SCROLL*  (horizontal AND vertical) bar will be
> enlarged, and since the sheet tabs in XL are on the scroll bar, they will be
> increased in size also, as will the scroll bars in Word.

I do find that MS has serious problems with joined-up thinking. OK, so
changing this WINDOWS setting changes the way Excel displays tabs within
a spreadsheet. BUT, if you change the negative number default by
selecting brackets in Regional settings in WINDOWS, Excel does NOT use
that default!!!!!! (Lotus does, and that's not an MS product!!!!)
Sheeeesh!

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
counting!)
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
to email me remove the obvious!
0
gordonbp11 (453)

Excel 2007

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

Crash on 'Send"

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

New Disk storage

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Size of dynamically allocated array
What's the easiest way to determine the size (number of objects) of a dynamically allocated array? Chip While it's probably not reliable, I did find that the address you get back from the 'new' operator is not the actual starting address of the allocated block. If you subtract sizeof(DWORD)*4 from that address and then read the value at that address, you'll have the requested size, but not the actual size that the memory manager allocated. For example: char *p = new char[1234]; strcpy(p, "Hello World!"); // not necessary but does help to locate stuff in mem...

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

Tabs and record scrolling
Hi - I have a combo box that automatically sets the focus of one of 3 tab pages based on the value selected in the combo box. I'd like to be able to do the same thing when scrolling through records. Any help is appreciated!! Steve Hi Steve, Put the same code in the on current event of the form, remembering to check if the combo is null of course!! That way as you change records, it will trigger the event and set the focus as necessary. Damian. "sboegeman" wrote: > Hi - > > I have a combo box that automatically sets the focus of one of 3 tab pages > bas...

Excel DNS query