how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when
setting the width and hight of cells?
0
yoyo4u (1)

You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures
best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when
> setting the width and hight of cells?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/18/2004 10:08:17 PM
yoyo

Row heights are measured in points.  There are 72 points to an inch.

The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number
of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

No relationship between the two.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm....which can be converted
to inches....

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:55:01 -0700, yoyo4u <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when
>setting the width and hight of cells?

0
Gord

Suppressing categories with 0 values
Hi all I'm trying to build a dynamic chart for sales data. The output file contains two columns, A and B. Column A contains categories, i.e. Apples, Oranges, Pears, etc.,. and B contains sales data, i.e. 5, 0, 10, etc.,. respectively. The ouput data comes out monthly. Some months will contain sales from all categories, some ten, some fifty. I want the chart to only graph categories with non-zero values, i.e. if there are 100 categories and only 30 with sales numbers there is no point in showing the other 70 categories with zero values. I can format column B with zero values to show ...

Worksheet Changes
Hi All, HYCH Have a worksheet that has data in the range A5:I105, would like cell a2 to show a date that any of this data has changed, was thinking of using a worksheet change_Event to manage this but not sure of how to go about setting this up, have used the simple change event for a single selection i.e A1 or B4 but not with a range area. Any help would be Great Steve A bit more explanation along with layout and what desired output looks like. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Steve" <instructorf@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

Default mail account in Outlook 2000
I use Outlook 2000 to send and receive email from several different POP accounts. Sometimes I want to send emails from one account, while other times I want to send them from a different account. I know that Outlook allows you to change which account a message is sent from via the "File | Send Using" menu option. My problem is that I often forget to use that option and just click the "Send" button on the toolbar. This sends out the message using the Default POP account. After it has been sent I remember that I didn't use the "Send Using" option. My quest...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

RE: MSCRMDeletionService -- change frequency...
i am trying to modify the frequency for the MSCRMDeletionService...there is a registry value in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\ key named DSRunInterval. one of our servers has this value as a REG_SZ (string) value while another server has it as a DWORD (number) value ; does anyone have an idea what format this value should be? and also is it based on seconds? thanks! sunish ...

Customise doesn't keep changes.
Hi!! I have Money 2005... I would like to customise some report in order to avoid some categories in reports. I did it for "Spending by Categories" report.. I ommited some and it worked great, howevver, when I return to home the report still show the categories I ommited and when I go to the report waht I customised is gone. Is there a bug in this? Can I create new report from nothing at all? or from a template? In microsoft.public.money, Marcell wrote: >Hi!! >I have Money 2005... I would like to customise some report in order to avoid >some categories in reports....

changing the delimiter while saving as txt file
Dear Experts, is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. Thanks in advance Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:845d01c48520$92fc1c20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear Experts, > > is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab > characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. > > Thanks in advance And some more links... Maybe you can steal some cod...

OWA Change password option
I've read through your various postings and articles, relating to OWA change password option under a front-end / back-end 2003 SP2 senario. Please can you clarify the following steps I need to follow: 1) Create a new Iisadmpwd virtual directory in IIS on the frontend server. 2) Run the OWAADMIN tool, and select enable password feature on both the front-end and back-end servers. Can you clarify if by using the OWAADMIN tool, that I won't have to manually edit the registry on both servers as the tool will take care of this for me? Can you also clarify, which services (if a...

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Changing Functional Currency #3
Hi There is a live company ABC. We created the new company XYZ then I restore the live company database ABC to the newly created company XYZ by following the KB article 871973. Then we delete the all the transaction in XYZ company because we need the same company setup and masters with that we added required additional master data. The problem we are facing is we need to change the functional currency in XYZ company. How can we do this? Any one can help us Regards Nizham I don't believe you can change the functional in XYZ since there were transactions. Howabout creating a 123 com...

Copying text value based on long (comlex) calculation
I am not sure how to even search for what I want to do, so please forgive me if my first post has been discussed and resolved ad naseum in the past... Here is my situation: - I have a workbook that contains multiple sheets. - Each sheet contains auto parts from different suppliers, sorted by part number. - Some suppliers have parts that overlap with each other and the various sheets are updated as pricing and availabilty of parts change. - I am using a combination of the VLOOKUP and MIN functions to determine which supplier has lowest cost based on a comparison of part numbers and price ac...

I want a formula to ignore text values in cell references
If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers in cells. How do i do this? Presently the formula displays #VALUE! where there is text in one or more of the cells referenced. Use ISNUMBER(): In place of A1 use =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,"") -- Gary''s Student "Russellrupert" wrote: > If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula > to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers > in cells...

Changed relationship; records no longer linked
I have a Corporates table holding details of company customers. I have a CorpContacts table holding details of our contact persons at those companies. Originally I had a relationship (one to many) between Corporates.CorpName and CorpContacts.CorpName. I had a Corporates form which contained a CorpContacts subform displaying the contact persons' details. All working fine. But if we updated the name of the company i.e. Corporates.CorpName, the link was lost and the contact persons were no longer displayed. So I introduced new fields in each table ("CorpID"), i.e. some...

Changing OLAP Pivot Table Connection Source
I have numerous spreadsheets that have pivot tables pointing to an OLAP Cube via a connection string. Is there an easy way (either automated or manual) to change the connection string to point to a new version of the OLAP Cube? I can edit the connection properties and navigate to the new .odc connection file, but get an error saying "The OLAP provider returned an unexpected number of dimensions." ...

Removing Campaign Templates and Template Activities from default v
I am trying to figure out how to prevent template activities and campaign templates from showing up in default views in the "Activities" section of CRM as well as the "Advanced Find" and "Regarding" views. ...

in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?
When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the background color of cells that are selected? Thanks. Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it. I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help some. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely >tell whic...

What's the default for circular logging in Ex2003 on/off?
Thank you -Moises Disabled ie unchecked for lots-o-logs Circular logging was a soultion when storage was expensive. You can get larger drives cheaper now so it shouldn't be enabled if at all possible. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "MG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in .
how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in Excel By using an XY rather than a LINE chart -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Boggins" <Boggins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D963E4D-93C3-4E8A-83F1-A51943ED4CAA@microsoft.com... > how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in Excel ...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

Invoice Item Posting Account defaults to Cash account instead of Income, Sales account
Great Plains 7.00g12 Our VAR doesn't know the answer to this: Our Invoice Item Posting Account defaults to the 'Cash' account instead of the expected 'Income, Sales' account. We can override this manually for each item in the invoice. After entering an item on the invoice. (I've attached a screen shot) Looking at the distribution in the Sales Distribution Entry window: The Credit shows as type SALES but the Distribution Reference shows as Cash. We cannot figure out why this is happens. Selecting the Sales Item Detail Inquiry Zoom then selecting <Distributio...

A question regarding coordinates of points within a chart
Can anyone explain how x-y coordinates for points within a chart can be accessed via a mousemove event? I realize this will require quite a bit of coding, but I would like a little comment box to appear for any given point on an X-Y scatter I have. The data set consists of around 27000 points, and I would like the mousemove event to trigger a lookup into a table that contains a fairly lengthy descripion of each point. Wazooli Wazooli, Take a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events . . . http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 then, take a look at this post ...

how can I change the a,b,c, column headers in excel to names
I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated You can only show A,B,C...,IV or numbers: 1,2,3,...,256 But you could put your names in Row 1 and then select A1, then select A2 and click on Window|Freeze panes. espray wrote: > > I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, > etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated -- Dave Peterson ...

Vendor Changed Names and Need to reassociate items with new Vendor
We have a situation were a couple of Vendors have changed names through acquisitions and we need to create a new Vendor ID for these vendors. What we would like to do is copy the items we have associated with the old vendor to the new vendor so we do not have to recreate all the items again. Is there a way to create a new vendor ID and copy the items linked with an existing vendor ID to the new vendor? Thanks JTT Great Plains has a tool called Professional Services Tool, contact them. The tool is not free. It will do exactly what you are looking for. "JTT" wrote: > We ...

"Reply" cursor default location
Something changed just yesterday that is driving me crazy. I accept that I must have done something to cuase this (hitting some sequence of keys perhaps), but I have no idea how to fix it. When any of us receive an email from a sender and elect to respond to it by clicking on the "reply" button, what happens to me now is that my cursor defaults to the address "To:" box in the new reply message rather than the message content area where I would typically just be able to start printing my reply message. Needless to say, I start typing away, galnce up at the scree...