how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when
setting the width and hight of cells?
0
yoyo4u (1)

You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures
best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when
> setting the width and hight of cells?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/18/2004 10:08:17 PM
yoyo

Row heights are measured in points.  There are 72 points to an inch.

The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number
of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

No relationship between the two.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm....which can be converted
to inches....

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:55:01 -0700, yoyo4u <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when
>setting the width and hight of cells?

0
Gord

how can I fix the size of frame? once I fixed ,the user cannot changed its size
handle WM_GETMINMAXINFO see http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318933 "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> д���ʼ� news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Handle CFrameWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo and specify whatever size you want for your frame to be. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> wrote in message news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

Conditional Comment using Cell value as part of it
What I'm trying to do is the following: if cell(a1) is different from 0(zero) then, cell(b1) should have a comment that say, the value of cell(c1) is the payment, next line the value of cell(a1) was refund, next line Total for today = cell(c1)-cell(a1) Example a1 = $10.00 c1 = $30.00 B1 (comment): $30.00 is the payment (c1) $10.00 was refund (a1) Total for today: $20.00 (c1-a1) can anyone help me on that? thanks in advance ...

Change font size based on value of a cell
If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change from the default 10 to 16. It needs to return to the default size when A1 returns to a value of 0. Can someone help with this? Thanks. Michael Here's a little macro that will do it....... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10 Else Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16 End If Range("B1").Select End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote: > ...

playing windows default sounds
Hi, How would i go about playing a sound as specified in the control panel->sounds for a persons system? I need to play the asterix sound, or what ever the windows user has specified it to be. TIA joe # joey wrote: >Hi, > >How would i go about playing a sound as specified in the control >panel->sounds for a persons system? >I need to play the asterix sound, or what ever the windows user has >specified it to be. > From MSDN <Playing Sounds Specified in the Registry>: PlaySound("MouseAsterisk", NULL, SND_SYNC); The sound events that are pr...

Chart Value Changes in VBA
When you have say a bar chart and drag the bar downwards this will change the value in the reference source cell. Is there a way through VBA to identify the source and the cell changed by when dragging the bar. That is, when you drag the bar in the chart let me know the cell that ahs changed! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Howard John, If your objective is to prevent the cell changes via the chart, you can protect the worksheet (Tools - Protection). The cells should be locked (Format - Cells - Protection). Or you can use the Chart_SeriesChange event macro for the cha...

Changing password problem
my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas Eric Are your clients use exchange version of outlook or POP version of outlook? "Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#Nl0C$$nEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their > computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 > and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas >...

Outlook Error after URL change
We have already configured our internal DNS records to support crm.domain.com to point to the proper machine, and created the host headers on the web server. How do we get CRM to switch from "server1" to crm.domain.com? In a nutshell, we renamed the server from an internal name to a FQDN. Internally the CRM server still believes it is on http://server1 We are trying to access it now on http;//crm.domain.com. Our outlook worked properly before we made this change. After the change, only the web works and the outlook after a uninstall and reinstall, switching the server name whil...

Change base language
Hi I need to change the base language of CRM 4.0 I think I have to uninstall CRM and delete the CRM databases and then install again in the other language, it's not a big problem because there is no data in CRM but what about the registration would there be any problems registering the same server again ? /Jack There will be no problem in registeration .Never seen it . ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ No it all went well, uninstalled and deleted the databases and a new registration with same information and we are up running the right base language :) /J...

Setting AutoNumber to Non-Default Value
I would like to use the AutoNumber data type within a field. However I would like the sequential autonumbering to begin from 6000 rather than the default value of 1(for the first record). Thanks for your help in advance. Jeff I suggest you may not want to use Autonumber for that use. Autonumbers are designed to provide unique numbers. It in not designed to provide numbers in order and for a number of reasons may not do so. As a result using them in any application where the user sees the numbers is likely to end up with confusion. There are other ways of providing the numbers...

GP 9.0 Tax Schedule not defaulting to a vendor
I have set up my vendor to have a tax schedule. I have defaulted the tax schedule I want in my vendor maintenance window. When I edit a transaction for that particular vendor, my default tax schedule shows up, but when drilling into this schedule my tax schedule is blank. Does anyone know how to get the tax schedule to default down to this level? ------=_NextPart_0001_118CD51A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Asim This sounds like you are using a Purchasing Transaction. Have you set up the Purchases, Misc and Freight Tax Schedules in the Payables Setup O...

Change color for each serie?
Hi all, Is it possible to to change the color in a chart where 3 dataseries is represented? Eg. one color representing one region I have tried to create 3 series in the chart unsuccesfully. It seems that excel dosent allow it although I only have about +60 data in each serie... The data is also sorted (by size and not by region), so it is not possible just to select the data and assign them a specific value representing one color.. Hope that my question is clear. :) Christian ...

How do I retrieve changes to an unsaved excel document
I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to retrieve my old worksheet which would have the changes I made. I'm using excel 2000 which is part of my Microsoft Office 2000 program. No it's not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FABAC1F-A402-4C87-BCDA-1124E072D9D3@microsoft.com... >I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to >retrieve > my ...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

match dates in two columns get value from third
I have a data set on daily basis and another data set on weekly basis. i want to put the weekly data in daily data set by putting a formula which picks values from col c for relevant dates in daily set. example - let us say this is the data set ColA Col B Col C jan1 jan1 8 jan2 jan7 7 jan3 jan4 jan5 jan6 jan7 I want the data from colC against dates in ColA as in ColD below. it should leave other cells blank (colA and ColB are dates format) ColA Col B Col C ColD jan1 jan1 ...

deleting entire rows with the same cell value in the first column
Hi! I have an huge table in which there are lots of rows that have the same value as the one in the row before: 1 1 1 2 2 2 How can I delete them leaving this way only one row per value without searching for them and deleting them manualy? Any help welcome! Pedro, assuming your data starts in a1, in b1 type =if(a1=a2,"Y","") and copy down for the length of your data. Then filter on Y and delete all those rows. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Pedro F." wrote: > Hi! > I have an huge table in which there are lots of rows that have the same >...

Change Chart Size
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the sizes of charts in excel. But i dont want to just resize by dragging the corners, i want to lock the aspect ratio, and change the width to 3.5 inches. So basically, i want to change the width of each chart to 3.5 inches exactly. Another problem I am having is when I copy and paste a chart from excel into powerpoint, all the changes to the size and text I made get changed so its not the copy I wanted. Is there any way to change this. 1) Resize using aspect ratio only after the chart is sucessfully in Powerpoint. 2) You get charts...

DLookup default Value
I am having trouble getting the correct syntax using DLookup as a default value in a text box on a form. Form Name: FrmMainInput Unbound control Name: FunctionNumber I am trying to get the default value to look up the FunctionNumber, using the FunctionName from the table TblFunction. I am using the expression below in the default value of the FunctionNumber control, but am not getting any value. =DLookUp("[FunctionNumber] ","TblFunction"," [FunctionName] =" & [Forms]![FrmMainInput]![FunctionNumber] & "") "rbb101" <rbb...

worksheet_calculate event changes worksheets, but shouldn't
Hi, The code below is in the Sheet1 (Budget) Module: The user is entering data into the "Budget" worksheet. When this fires, it should hide some rows on the Categories worksheet. It does work ok, however, everytime a user enters a new figure on the Budget worksheet, it fires and momentarily flashes over to the Categories worksheet. It is quite distractive, especially when one has hundreds of figures to enter. I set a trap to stop it on the top line of this code - the Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() line. Then, when I enter a new number on the Budget page, it fi...

Future Value function with differenct cash flows
Excel does not seem to have a FV function or variant that allows you to compute the FV of different cash flows at regular periodic intervals given a constant rate. Is there such a function? I can think of several applications where the FV of CF's are needed wherein CF's are at both even and uneven intervals or said another way, at set periods versus random periods and at different CF amounts. There are several work around solutions I can think of, but they tend to be cumbersome. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggest...

Trying to make Outlook my default email program
I am Trying to make Outlook my default email program (Earthlink 5.0 was coming up) but when I click on an email link (mailto:whoever@whatever) a error message comes up saying that my "default email program is not installed properly". I have opened control panel and re-set web settings. I have made sure Outlook is set as default under tools- configure-use other mail client, in my browser and it still doesnt work. When I click on an email link Outlook opens up but the error message still says "default email program is not installed properly". any help would be greatly...

counting values in a column in Access
I am working on a database for help desk type calls. I have three call categories and would like a running total of how many of each call I recieve. These three values are located in one column of a table. What are my options to make this happen? Example: Date Call Type Problem 11/5 Equipment VCR doesn't work 11/6 Computer Monitor wont turn on 11/6 Media CD is scratched 11/7 Equipment TV has no volume I would like a report or something telling me that I have 2 Equipment calls 1 Computer Call 1 Media Call Use a Totals query. If build...

Passing Cell values to a SQL statement
I have set up a spreadsheet that uses excel's "Get external data" feature to connect to a SQL database and run a querry. The problem is that I need to get data for several different product codes. These codes change from time to time but basically the querry looks like this Select * from SalesData Where SalesData.productCode = 1 Or SalesData.productCode = 2 is there a way to set it up such that the product codes are passed to the statement from cell values in a given range? This way it would dynamically retrive whatever I am looking for. Also if any of you double as SQL wizza...

Preventing "save changes" dialog box???
My spreadsheet data is stored in the range A1:J20. Therefore, I do not care if a user plays with or modifies cells that are outside of this range. Can I somehow program Excel to prevent the "Do you want to save changes?" dialog box if a user changes cells that are out of range and then s/he closes the workbook?? I basically only want the "save changes" dialog box to be prompted when cells within the A1:J20 range are modified. Thank you! Right click the worksheet tab that your concerned with and paste this in: Code: -------------------- Priv...

Vlookup function imbedded in the table_array value of a vlookup function
Hi, I am creating a go-karting championship management system for my a-level and I am having a few problems. Basically there are 6 races and They are set out as Race1,2,3,4,5,6 and the data for the drivers is entered under that. However, the spreadsheet is organised via the dates of the races which means that the data entered as race 1 could be for race 2,3,4,5. I have already got it to calculate this and it displays the date, the original race number and the race number after organisation from the dates of the races. Now, this is all hidden from the user in a hidden sheet and on the user...

Changing Entity Name
We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:15:03 -0700, Shawki <Shawki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? Not possible in CRM I'm afraid! You will be able to do this in the next version of CRM, 3.0. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Shawki" wrote: > We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? This is possible. Unsupported t...