How do I change the default number format ?

The current number format is general. I would like to change it to accounting
with no $ and 2 decimals. I can't seem to find how.

I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

Thank you.
0
larryh1 (4)

Hi.  You would want to change the definition of the "Normal" style.
From the menu:    Format | Style...
And modify the "Normal" style

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"LarryH" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The current number format is general. I would like to change it to
> accounting
> with no $ and 2 decimals. I can't seem to find how.
>
> I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me.
>
> Thank you.

0
delouis (422)

Sequential Number Generator, Saving, and Linking
Hello, not totally familiar with Excel and trying to accomplish th following within our sales department: 1. We have two basic Excel files that we have to access on a share drive every time we issue a quotation: FILE A: This is an Excel quotation form already built. FILE B: This lists out the existing quotations that have been issued listed by reference number. It includes basic fields like 'Sale Person', 'Product' and 'Date', etc. Every time we issues a quote we fill out the nessary information i FILE A, reference FILE B to determine the next sequential number. W s...

numbering #2
Is it possible to apply numbering (invoice or booking numbers) to sheets inside of a book. Four people using the same books and we want to put number on the sheets without becoming a number management nightmare Like adding a series of numbers like invoice number Each sheet having it's own number in the series but not repeting on different sheets. Basically generate an invoice number on the sheet when copied from a templete or at print time ...

Track Changes 03-12-10
Let's say I have added 10 words using track changes and then saved my document. Now I want to delete 2 of those words, instead of just deleting them it puts the strikethrough in those 2 words. Why and how do I stop it? This doesn't happen to all documents. Right-click the words and select Accept Change (or Accept Deletion) from the context menu. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Flasho" <Flasho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F05E911C-7CA6-4DAD-A146-C712C8A5BDAA@microsoft.com... > Let's say I have added 10 words usin...

Change to Insert Drop Down Menu Items Office 2003 Win Vista Home P
When I click Insert>Auto Text>Signature in Word 32003, all of a sudden, beside many of the choices with an > I'm seeing the message Sign Into Office Live Workspace Beta. As I said, it's beside quite a few of the choices in this drop down list. If I click it, it does nothing. I did nothing to change this. Have I gotten an Update from Microsoft that changed something? Now why would Microsoft release an update that screws up Word Pro 2003. Are we pushing 2007 or 2010? Any answers to help restore this function to its working status is greatle appreciated. I alrea...

shellexecute not opening opera (default browser)
ShellExecute(this->m_hWnd,"open","http://somesite.com/somepage.htm", NULL,NULL, SW_SHOW); but it's not opening my default browser opera... instead its returning ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND error... i am using opera 9.02...2000 OS.. if the default browser IE then no problem... some one explain in detail I have never had a problem with it. When you click on a link in some document(say word doc), does it launch Opera? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <lencastro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165581644.934130.318980@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com.....

Template Folder and Default Location
I am trying to add templates to the FILE>>NEW window but I have so confused myself at this point that I am hoping you kind folks will clear this up for me The templates that show up there now are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\103 I tried adding my new ones to this folder but they didn't show up so I did a little "investigating" in the newsgroups and found that I too (like others I came across) have more than one instance of an XLStart folder as follows 1. C:\Program Files\MS Office\Office (this has one folder in it called "personal" and...

format cell to allow listing
How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the next cell below- is there any other way besides 'wrap text' and putting in spaces? To create a manual line break, use: <Alt> <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "cy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1536c01c3fa2c$66a21870$a501280a@phx.gbl... How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

Unrecognizable database format
I am attempting to convert an Access 97 Db to an Access 2000 Db. It seems to convert but when I try to launch the application I get an "unrecognizable database format" error. The computer has Windows XP as the operating system. Any suggestions? I've seen this error message when trying to open an Access database with an "older" version of Access. You didn't say which version of Access you are using on the WinXP machine, nor which version of Access you are using to do the conversion. -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Access MVP> >-----Origin...

How do I save an excel spreadsheet in pdf format (Office 2002)
I've done this before, but in a different environment. Not sure if I've forgotten how, or if it's not supported in this version. Thanks It has never been supported although there are add-ins that install printer drivers that will save as PDF primopdf is a free one then adobe acrobat (not the reader) has of course this and Office 12 will have it built in -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Shaundee" <Shaundee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F09C8D8-1F35-491B-8A4C-781E57C35D53@microsoft.com... > I've done this b...

custom currency format for Indian rupees
How to format a comma from the right of the decimal point in the third position, then 5th then 7th ie for Indian curency for Lakhs, Crores etc Here is a format that you can use [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "seenu" <seenu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B95D00EB-F863-4453-AC46-9D40B40AEE6F@microsoft.com... > How to format a comma from the right of the decimal point in the third > position, then 5th then 7th ie for Indian curency for L...

Date format with day of week and date
I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005 I know how to make the date formats change but cannot find one that offers both the date as well as the day of week...if there are no options for it, what is the format for customizing it to do this? Thanks! Kathy One way is to use a custom format DDDD M/DD/YYYY "Kathy" wrote: > I have Excel 2003 and want to figure out how to format a cell where the date > and day of week appear...i.e. Wed 10/19/2005 > > I know how to make the date format...

format problem importing quicken files from Bank
Hi I have Money 2001 never used it until today. I am in Italy and my bank allows me to export bank statement in a quicken file. However when I import it into money - money misreads the format and takes the first punctuation mark as the decimal point. i.e. the amount euro 1.234,56 imports as 1,23 euro's instead of one thousand euros. My regional settings are set to italian with , being the decimal and . being a separator - however money takes the first , or . as the decimal Any ideas on how to fix this? regards Ski ...

Keep conditional format when "show pages" from Pivot table
When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to make conditional format again to every page. How to keep the conditional formatting when I use "show pages" from pivot table? Maybe you could just apply Data|filter|autofilter to your original data range and filter to show what you need to see. Angus wrote: > > When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I > find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to m...

The number zero
I have part numbers that begin with zero. How do I keep the zero present in the cell? Judy, Start your entry with a single quote mark, or format the cell for Text prior to entering your data. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Judy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44B9D6D2-B169-4ABE-BBFF-2C615585DB1A@microsoft.com... > I have part numbers that begin with zero. How do I keep the zero present in the cell? ...

0 number
Hi, social security number has 7 numbers. However, when I type 0454636, 0 will be gone. Ex: Type 0454636. It will become 454636. I have almost 8 columns stored social security numbers. Please show me how to fix the problem. Thank you Loi Try format cells -- custom and type 0000000 in the box. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >social security number has 7 numbers. However, when I type >0454636, 0 will be gone. > >Ex: Type 0454636. It will become 454636. > > >I have almost 8 columns stored social security numbers. >Please show me how to fix the prob...

Page numbering worksheets
Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have multiple worksheets? I would like to number each worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to flow on from the previous sheets so l don't have to manually change the number on each worksheet. thankyou "H" <Hayley.Slater@emap.com> wrote in message news:06f501c3505e$df329d50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to number the pages in a workbook if l have > multiple worksheets? I would like to number each > worksheet within the workbook but l need the numbers to > flow on from the previous...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

ht change default directory for import/export
In Access 2007 is there a way to change the default folder location used for import and export? There's a "Default database folder" under the "Popular" Access options, but it only affects open/save and importing/exporting Access files (accdb and mdb). All the other import/exports (txt, xlsx, xml, etc.) all default to My Documents. Would love to change that, any help? ...

Default Recipent Policy Not Working....
Hi This is an odd one... We have a single Exchange 2000 server with about 40 users in one domain... Never had any problems with things before but, I've just added a new user to AD and clicked on "Create Email Address" (just as I normally do...) and the mailbox seems to have been created (but I can't see it in Exchange Administrator..?). Also the address is not shown in the GAL and the Default Recipient Policy which establishes and Email address and X400 address does not seem to have worked...? I can send an email to the newly created address, but I cannot configure Outloo...

OWA default color scheme
Can anyone tell me how to change the OWA default color from the exchange server. I'd like all my users to have the maroon color scheme to match our school colors. Thanks. owa admin tool for exchange 2003. - rg "KJacks" <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC05FF7D-CF28-4F48-B02D-84FD7D5579E8@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to change the OWA default color from the exchange > server. I'd like all my users to have the maroon color scheme to match our > school colors. > Thanks. got a link? "rg" wrote: > owa ...

How do I change the booking window?
I am trying to enter a recurring meeting beyond 1 year and it declines saying "I've gone beyond the booking window," which seems to be 1 year from the start date. Is there anyway to change this to 2 years or anything beyond 1 year? Thanks for any help. The admin needs to change it on the server. See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/book180.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

CRM 3.0
I would like to move the ordernumber middle part to a larger number to match the next available number in the existing paper order system. Where do I find the row/column in the database to change the seed or next available number? ...

numbers formating problem
I type 10 I got 1 I type 11 I got 1.1 Where from this problem cames? This is not a formatting problem, the value is what you see; 1, not 10. Tools > Options menu, "fixed decimal" is selected. HTH. Best wishes Harald "barsha" <barsha@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A62D8395-FD84-40F3-A867-B391D5956A57@microsoft.com... > I type 10 > I got 1 > I type 11 > I got 1.1 > Where from this problem cames? > Hi Barsha, Try: Tools | Options | Edit and uncheck the fixed decimal option. --- Regards, Norman "barsha" <...