How do I change the default location for importing text files?

In earlier versions of Excel, when I wanted to import text files, I would
click "Data", "Import external data", and "Import data".  For the first file
to import, I would navigate to where the file was, and click on it to import
it.  After the first file was imported, I would always be in the last folder
from which I imported data when I went to get a new file.  Now I've upgraded
to Excel 2002 using Windows XP Pro.  When I want to import data, the import
process always starts in the same place -- My Data Sources -- rather than the
last place I used, meaning that I have to navigate down through several
layers of folders every time and negating the benefits of having all my data
files organized in different sub-folders.  Is there some way to go back to
the way it used to be in the earlier versions?

Text Values
Hello, Can anybody help, I'm after making a spreadsheet in Excel to record times for individuals, for example if I typed in 'early shift' with the value of 10 hours, after 'noon shift' 8 hours as well as 'late' shift at 12 hours...etc, the total values would all show in a totals cell for that person. I would appreciate any help with the above. Love, Susan ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** Hi Susan one way: use a helper column which transforms this text string int...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Linking files 2 ways

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

find action on log file

File size #11

Maximum file sizes

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Change position ID in HR

default values in a cell

Help with importing data

Business Portal Development

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

How do you change the APR?