How do I change the $ currency symbol in a balance sheet template

Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template.

I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' option is not
open to me.
0
dave871 (680)

The sheet must be protected. You will have to unprotect the sheet first from
the Tools>Protection>unprotect sheet. If it asks for a password, then
probably you are not meant to fiddle around with the format of the template!

"Dave" wrote:

> Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template.
>
> I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' option is not
> open to me.
0
Suresh (36)

Change Font when sending mail from OneNote
Is there any way to change the default font in the introduction section when sending a copy of a OneNote via email? What I mean is if you are on a OneNote page and try to send email via File -> Email (Ctrl+Shift+E), OneNote changes to page that enables you to send an email. In that page, there is an Introduction section. I always put something into the intro section and it comes up as Times New Roman. This looks very ugly as the rest of the email is in Calibri. Anybody? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Is there any way to change the default font in the i...

Masking/Changing return E-mail address
I have Exchange 2003 as my mail server for my domain. I alos have a Unix based HIS System that has its own e-mail service (internally). I have set up the Unix box to allow users to send e-mail to everyone includeing the outside world. I had to tell the unix box its mail domain was mail.domain.org . When a user send mail outside of either domain, the mail is rcvd but the recipient cannot reply due to the false domain. I have been told that there is a way to setup a "table" on Exchange that will change the unix users e-mail to reflect a valid address so the recipient can...

Should remember changed description width with F2 search
My item descriptions are generally at the max of the allowed desc. When searching during F2 I often have to maximize the desc field witch causes the qty and price field to disapear. I then have to adjust them. I'd like to pre configure them so they stay the same. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

tab setting changes when I reopen Pub 2003 documetn
I reset the tabs on a newsletter I am creating to .1 rather than the default ..5, and I saved the document. But when I reopen it, the tabs revert to .5. How can I fix this? I will be sending my files to a printer and do want the newletter to have such large tabs. Was this a 2000 document that you have converted to 2003? Custom tabs that you previously set in Publisher 2000 are not saved when you save a publication in Publisher 2002 or in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891825 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

How to permanently change automatic color assignments in a pivot .
I am displaying several measurments over time for on pivot chart for one test sample at a time. I changed the line color so to convey results more "intuitively" But found that once I select a different test sample to display, all color assignemnt return to default. How do I change the default line color assignment for series? Found one trick is Tool < Option < Color, then click on each color block for chart lines to modify to color sequence. Still unsure of how to change the "default" marker shape and color "consuelof" wrote: > I am displaying se...

how do you change the print merge batch size from 10 records?
How can I change the default output of 10 printed records to say 500? Chris Bartlett <ChrisBartlett@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I change the default output of 10 printed records to say 500? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891904 has details of how to change the batch size to 1 for stapling/collating purposes. If you follow the instructions, but use a value of 500 instead of 1, then you will get 500 records per batch. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

CRM 3.0
There were several threads and it was quite a big issue for version 1.2 about being able to reassign the owner of an account and not have a cascading effect on all related records (ie, opportunities, contacts). There was also a thread where an MBS developer was soliciting input on how it should work in 3.0. It was supposed to have an option when you change the owner of an account, it doesn't change the owner on all related objects. That way you don't lose your history or if several people are working the same account, they don't lose ownership of their individual opportuni...

TIME SHEETS
I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-5:00 = 8 hours? See Chip Pearson's site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:54:58 -0700, puzzled <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a >formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? > (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-...

mouse pointer change into hand
I´d like to improve my database design specially the interface design therefore I´ve tried to change the mouse arrow into a hand when it gets the focus in a command button in a form but I´ve failed.Could anybody tell me how can i do it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "JOSELUIS via AccessMonster.com" <u58123@uwe> wrote in message news:a422084db3174@uwe... > I´d like to improve my database design specially the interface design > therefore I´ve tried to change the mouse arrow into a hand when it gets > the...

changing keyboard shorcuts
Does anyone know how to change the keyboard shortcuts in Outlook? I keep sending unfinished emails by pressing Ctrl-Enter. I'd like to remove the keyboard shortcut for send. I don't think you can change that shortcut. If it appeared on a menu you might be able to but I couldn't find it. Of course, it could be there and I just didn't see it. "Darren" <deo.is@unknown.com> wrote in message news:%23y4WrevjFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to change the keyboard shortcuts in Outlook? I keep > sending unfinished emails by pressing...

Need to fix MRP so that Net Change works rather than disable!
Net Change MRP should be standard functionlity in ANY MRP system. My understanding is that this feature was disabled for v8, v9 because other planning methods other than Explode and Plan did not function correctly/reliably in previous versions. Not only was it not fixed, it was disabled and not taken off the choice menu when running MRP (so that you always get an error message if you choose to run a Net Change MRP). If Great Plains wants to be taken seriously as a viable manufacturing package, MRP needs to be more flexible (more selction choices such as buyer codes, planner codes, ...

sheet #3
I want 2 sheets preformatted to my needs to be inserted into an existing workbook any time I want.Is there a macro or can I save a sheet to my requirements and make it available ?? AFD Hi AFD, Open a new workbook Delete all sheets except for one Set the sheet's formats etc to taste File | Save As Add a suitably descriptive name Select ' Template(*.xlt)' in the 'Save as Type' box. The new template sheet will now be available from the Sheet Insert dialog (right-click a sheet tab | insert) . --- Regards, Norman "afdmello" <janrich@anywhere.com> wrot...

Microsoft Access Hotel Reservation System templates
Does anyone know of an available MS Access hotel or bed & Breakfast reservation system template? MVP Albert D. Kallal has a reservation system. It isn't a template, but you should inquire about it to see if it's close to what you need. http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Paul987" <Paul987@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B11BE9C-81BE-451E-BC7D-E903B844C37E@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of an available MS Access ...

Using template as auto-receipt
I wish to use a template to send as a receipt with Outlook 2007. I have, I think, gone through the correct procedure. I created a new email with subject and message - I saved it to "C:\users\me\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates\auto-receipt files\myfile.oft I then created a rule to send this file when ever I got a mail from Fred Bloggs Either nothing happens, or I get an error message saying something like 'cannot reply'. Help. (I asked this question on outlook.general, but their solutions got me to this point - forgive me if it was you :o?) -- Jim S ...

Cash Balances recalculating in Deluxe online portfolio
I have an annoying problem with MSN Money online deluxe portfolio. I use it to track all my ISA and broker accounts and whenever I receive interest on a cash balance or a debit charge on one of those accounts I go into portfolio Manager and adjust the cash balance. When I edit the Current Balance in nthe Account settings the figure re-calculates as if the value is being translated into a different currency. e.g Current Balance shows: £4108.15; I edit this because of new cash to a value of £5000 but the value then re-calculates automatically to show £6,728.84. My settings are s...

Text box default value
I wish to establish a new default value for a text box - based on what the user entered. How I do that in VBA? <identification of default default value entry> = <whatever the user entered> I can handle the second part, but.... "news2@rgcle.com" <news2@rgcle.com> wrote in message <L62dnWMjTYBXj7zbnZ2dnUVZ_s2vnZ2d@comcast.com>: > I wish to establish a new default value for a text box - based on > what the user entered. How I do that in VBA? > > <identification of default default value entry> = <whatever the user > entered> > &g...

locked up spread sheet
I am having trouble with my Excel with frontpage. I have used it successfully in the past but now.. when I chose a cell... I cannot enter data into it. When I try to move to another cell, I get the "drag"thing going...where all the cells behind it are highlighted. If I dont try to enter data from the get go... I can get into the task bar...but after I try to enter data...the only way to get out is control alt delete because the only thing that happens is the drag.... anyone have any answers... pleeeaaassssssse thanks Nellie Hi Nellie, Perhaps you have Extended selection on...

I am meeting organizer, but can't send updates or change attendees
I have a recurring meeting set up in my calendar. I was the originator of the meeting. Now, however, if I open one of the instances of the meeting, it says 'Organizer: <my name>' and the subject, location, etc. And it's got up in the top corner 'Accept', 'decline', etc. - as if it was a meeting that was sent to me. So, when i need to change one instance of the meeting, it will only change it on my calendar, and will not send an update to all of the attendees. How can I change this to make it an active meeting that I've created again? I'm using Out...

Margin balances?
How do I find margin balances within MS Money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, DF wrote: >How do I find margin balances within MS Money 2004? After setting up an account, and downloading information from your broker, add the number of money market shares in the account algebraically to the balance in the Cash Transactions register. If the sum is negative, the amount represents your margin balance. Money will not automatically calculate this for you. ...

Locate month and year from range of date from another sheet
Hi all, I want to locate month and year from range of date through April, 05 to Feb.,06 How? Thanks and regards RRS =MONTH(A1) will return the index number of the month, e.g. 01/01/06 in A1 will return 1 =YEAR(A1) will return the year if you want the month in text like January =TEXT(A1,"mmmm") or just =A1 and custom format mmmm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB179953-45B2...

How can I change the display name
How do I change the named displayed as "from" on my email messages? I send updates about the band I play in to a group of people. I'd like these messages to show the name of the band as "from". but I'd also like to keep my name displayed in the "from" line on personal email messages. I know I can go to the account settings and change it but I was wondering if there is some automatic way of making this happen. Thanks, Don........... Don <vze2t273@verizon.net> wrote: > How do I change the named displayed as "from" on my email messag...

Change Quota Warning Message
Hi, is it possible to change the text of the quota warning message. We wouldn't support PST files but this is the suggestion in the quota warning mesage. Thank you What version of Exchange? If you have Exchange 2000 and are running the post-sp3 rollup, or are Exchange 2003 Sp1, then the following is a solution you can implement. Otherwise, you can still probably hire Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and spend gobs of money for them to change it for you :-) http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Hubaer" <Hu...

Why does a Multi-sheet/user file open on sheet two every time?
We have a multi-sheet file that is updated by several folks. Every time I open the file it starts on sheet two. I have tried to figure out why this is.. Want to change the default starting position to sheet one at the top but have not been successful in finding that in the help files. Excel will open to the same location as the last save--unless you do something special. One of the special things you can do is have a macro that controls where you want to go. Option Explicit Sub Auto_Open() application.goto thisworkbook.worksheets("SheetNameHere").range("...

OWA Password Change Restrictions
I'm running Server 2003 sp1, Exchange2003. It works great, However I just tried implementing the change password option in OWA and now I am in a boggle. The first time I used it I was able to change the password for a test account, but all subsequent times I get the following prompt. "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." Yet I can sit at the server and reset the test account password to the same passwords OWA says don't meet complexity requirments. Any Ideas? MS KB827614 has the answer. I guess you either have to wa...

How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all file.
How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all files(*.*)" thanks I'm not sure you can change this permanently. I just type *.* in the filename box and hit enter (it's almost almost as quick as a default <bg>.) How do I change"files of type" default wrote: > > How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all files(*.*)" > > thanks -- Dave Peterson ...