How do I change the color the cell becomes when doing a FIND

When I do a FIND or FIND / REPLACE, when Excel finds the value I am looking
for, it highlights the cell, but the highlighted cell is in white, which is
the standard sheet background. How can I change a setting so anytime I try to
do a find, when the cell is found, it shows this cell in a totally different
color say purple or red or yellow etc.. I find sometimes trying to identify
which cell it has selected in a full screen of data can be tough. I jst want
to be able to locate the selected cell easier.

Thanks for your help

Two known and common options to search ALL WB sheets.
* Press 'Find all' instead of 'Find' in order to also display a list of all
cells addresses where the searched value was found.
OR:
* Use the following code:
=====================
Sub Find_and_Color()
 For Each SH In Sheets
  SH.Select
  [A1].Select
  ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Select
    For Each CL In Selection
     CL.Select
     With Selection
     Set C = .Find(ST, LookIn:=xlValues)
      If Not C Is Nothing Then
         firstAddress = C.Address
         Range(C.Address).Select
         Temp_Color = Range(C.Address).Interior.ColorIndex
         Range(C.Address).Interior.ColorIndex = 4
         Do
            MsgBox (ST & " was found at " & firstAddress & " in " & SH.Name)
            Ind = Ind + 1
            Range(C.Address).Interior.ColorIndex = Temp_Color
             Set C = .FindNext(C)
         Loop While Not C Is Nothing And C.Address <> firstAddress
       End If
     End With
   Next
 Next
If Ind = 0 Then
   MsgBox ST & " Not Found thorough the entire(!) Workbook"
Else
   MsgBox ST & " was found " & Ind & " times."
End If
Sheets(1).Select
End Sub
=========
Micky

"Kenny A." wrote:

> When I do a FIND or FIND / REPLACE, when Excel finds the value I am looking
> for, it highlights the cell, but the highlighted cell is in white, which is
> the standard sheet background. How can I change a setting so anytime I try to
> do a find, when the cell is found, it shows this cell in a totally different
> color say purple or red or yellow etc.. I find sometimes trying to identify
> which cell it has selected in a full screen of data can be tough. I jst want
> to be able to locate the selected cell easier.
>
> Thanks for your help

After you have hit the Find button and cell has been found simply hit the
Fill color Icon.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:37:01 -0700, Kenny A.
<KennyA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I do a FIND or FIND / REPLACE, when Excel finds the value I am looking
>for, it highlights the cell, but the highlighted cell is in white, which is
>the standard sheet background. How can I change a setting so anytime I try to
>do a find, when the cell is found, it shows this cell in a totally different
>color say purple or red or yellow etc.. I find sometimes trying to identify
>which cell it has selected in a full screen of data can be tough. I jst want
>to be able to locate the selected cell easier.
>
>Thanks for your help

0
Gord
4/6/2010 5:35:17 PM
Additional info.

If you have multiple "finds" from your edit>find you can highlight all of
them by hitting CTRL + a with "Found" dialog open to select all "founds".

Then fill color.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:35:17 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

>After you have hit the Find button and cell has been found simply hit the
>Fill color Icon.
>

>Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
>On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:37:01 -0700, Kenny A.
><KennyA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>When I do a FIND or FIND / REPLACE, when Excel finds the value I am looking
>>for, it highlights the cell, but the highlighted cell is in white, which is
>>the standard sheet background. How can I change a setting so anytime I try to
>>do a find, when the cell is found, it shows this cell in a totally different
>>color say purple or red or yellow etc.. I find sometimes trying to identify
>>which cell it has selected in a full screen of data can be tough. I jst want
>>to be able to locate the selected cell easier.
>>
>>Thanks for your help

0
Gord
4/6/2010 5:37:56 PM
Gord,
   Thanks so much. That did exactly what I needed.
Kenny