How do I change margins from imperial to metric?

How do I change margins from imperial to metric?
I'm using Excel 2002 sp2. Any help appreciated.
0
Jojo1 (32)

Jojo

This is a Windows OS setting, not an Excel setting.

You would go to Windows Control Panel>Regional and Language
Options>Regional Options tab>Customize and set the "measurement system" to
Metric.

This option will affect all programs.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:29:10 -0700, "Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How do I change margins from imperial to metric?
>I'm using Excel 2002 sp2. Any help appreciated.

0
Gord

Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that I work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in single cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47 hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that I can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly rate ? -- Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis Hi! This all depends on how you have things setup. To convert 47:13 to 47.22 just mu...

Change of address auto-reply rule is not working in Outlook 2003
Hello, I've been trying to set up an auto-reply rule in Outlook 2003 home (that is, using my POP account with my ISP). I am in the process of changing my ISP, and want to send an auto-reply message to all entries in my Outlook contacts folder. I specified the following conditions in the rule: - sender is in Contacts address book, and on this machine only - reply using C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\New address.oft The template contains a simple update email text message, the recipient and subject fields are empty. I treid testing the ru...

Tracking Changes Question
Hi, We are trying to find a way to track all of the changes to our spreadshets and, I was hoping, to our modules. This is related to the Sarbanes Oxley Act. The powers that be want to freeze our spreadsheets at a point in time and then track any changes that we make. Is anybody familiar with this? Thanks, Anita Yes, you need to make the workbook a shared worbook (Tools>Shar Workbook) then select enable tracking (Tools>Track Changes). 'Here's (http://tinyurl.com/3e3g3) the official line. Or you can find tutorial 'here (http://www.jmu.edu/computing/workshop/handouts/...

Automatic Changes to Linked Cells
I eed to find a way to link to a cell and have the link follow that cell should it chanage due to editing of the spreadsheet. For example in Spreadsheet 1 I linked cell A1 to cell B1 in spreadsheet 2. Then I made changes in spreadsheet 2 and the contents of cell B1 are now located in cell B5. How do I get the link in spreadsheet 1 cell A1 to automatically change to be linked to cell B5 in spreadsheet 2? The version of excel that I have automatically puts in the "$" before the cell letter and number. I have done a test by taking out the "$" to see if it would...

change date range for yearly calendar
I am trying to make a one page yearly calendar that begins in July 2006 and ends in June 2007. I can not seem to change the dates to begin at any other time than January. Can someone tell me if I should be able to do this? Thanks so much. Change the date range before you select yearly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "shelsar" <shelsar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCBBD552-A381-4B22-8D83-5FDC88BFCB2D@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a one page yearly calendar that begi...

how do i change "prepared by"?
in excel - how do i change prepared by / aurthor? of documents Hi, go to page Layout, page set up choose print Titles and look into Header and footer "Roger Kettle" wrote: > in excel - how do i change prepared by / aurthor? of documents You waqnt to change the Author's name for one particular workbook? In 2003.........File>Properties>Statistics. In 2007.........Button>Prepare Change name and save workbook. To change default name for all new workbooks change the name found in 2003........Tools>Options>General>User Name in 200...

Change FORMAT #3
I am just a beginner and I would like to change the format of as cell according to a condition in another cell. First example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1=M Second example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1 has a GREEN background Please help You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for:...

font changes in reply's original message
When I "reply" to a message the original message font is changed to "alba super" in some messages. Not all replies do this. What is happening here and how can I change the font used? Using word and outlook 03. Have you checked the option under Mail format to always use my fonts? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jmsdallas asked: | When I "reply" to a message the original message fon...

Doesn't remember password after Echange server change
Ok, now it has happened to me too. After my company changed their Echange server today, I cannot manage Outlook 2003 to remember my password. I've tried many solutions that I found via Google or in the newsgroups, nothing worked and now I'm stuck. I've tried to delete the subfolder in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and tried several things in "Stored User Names and Passwords" (via Manage my network passwords in Control Panel | User Accounts) as well. When I do a system restore to yesterday's situation, it DOES...

Employee Name Change
We had an employee get married who is also a user in CRM. When we changed her name in Active Directory, it did not change in CRM. Now when the user tries to run a report, the reports do not run. She gets error message "The property ‘nullable’ of report parameter ‘CRM_Locale’ is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError)" So we disabled her account in CRM and tried to add in the newly renamed account but CRM would not let us stating that the user was already in the system. Please advise. ...

Can I change names of fields in calendar?
I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action officer. I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh form that appears when you make an appointment. No, you can't change them. You could use in-cell editing and create the items in table view, where the column display names can be changed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

How do I make changes on my home page apply to all pages
I am trying to change my home page to the format that I want. I would like for this to apply to all pages rather than go into all 10 of them one by one. How do I do this?? HELP!!! ...

Outlook CRM client connect error after password change
When a laptop users changes their password when prompted, they launch the web version of CRM fine. But the Outlook client fails with the failure to load crm funtionality error because it can't authenticate. I have cleared out the IE passwords and locked the workstation to update with windows password cache but the Outlook client still fails. Where else could the password be stored or cached? Andrew. Update password at below location: Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> User Accounts >> SELECT YOUR USERNAME >> Manage my network passwords I hope t...

POS Receipt format change
I would like to have the "Sales Receipt" read "Sales Invoice" or "Invoice". Also I would like to have "Transaction #" replaced with "Invoice #". Can anyone help me with this? I have been able to edit the "Sales Receipt" portion in an xml editor but have not been able to change the "Transaction #" as there must be some other coding that needs to change. Thank you in advance. Robert Hi Robert, you can find the SUB: PrintTransactionType and then locate the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceNumberCaption reference field. this...

Automatic Font Change
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I hit an apostrophe, Word automatically changes the font of my document. Even with autocorrect turned off this happens. How can I make it stop? It sounds like you may have smart quotes turned on and the font you are using does not contain them so it switches to one that does. Turn off smart quotes or change fonts. Thank You. ...

Change a Error Notice
When I Distribute my Invoices from a holding (Button Code below), my list box then shows a list of this error #Deleted, but they have just been moved! So if 10 Invoices are distributed I get 10 errors #Deleted Thanks for any Help...Bob Private Sub cmdDistributeAllInvoices_Click() Dim nRtnValue As Integer nRtnValue = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Distribute All Invoices?" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "If you choose Yes, all the Invoices will have Invoice Numbers.", vbCritical + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Distribute all Invoices") If nRtnVa...

Email reply tracks but icon does not change in Outlook for some users
We have email replies tracking mostly successfully, but we still have one bug. When I receive a reply to a tracked email, the email shows as tracked in my Outlook summary view. However, for other users, the icon does not change. When they open up the email, it still gives them the option to track. But if I go into the contact record they used for Regarding, I can see the email in the history. So it's tracking, but they aren't seeing it as tracked. They have different rights than me in both CRM and in the domain. If they click the Track button, the Regarding will populate and the...

Changing setup name in Microsoft Outlook email
I recently setup my Outlook email account (msn.com) and would like to change my name associated with the account. How can I do this. >-----Original Message----- >I recently setup my Outlook email account (msn.com) and would like to change >my name associated with the account. How can I do this. >. > More information would eliminate answers that are not applicable to your situation. Anyway, Outlook 2003 Help responded with this answer: Change an e-mail account name An e-mail account name is the name that appears in the list of e-mail accounts you have created. If you use ...

Schedule Change Log
Is it possible for MSProject Server 2007 to log schedule changes for reporting purposes? My customer has a requirement in which they want to see all additions, deletions, logic changes, and duration changes. We have a 20k line item schedule that changes frequently. We're currently dumping before/after schedules into Excel and using vlookup. Thanks! Sandy Sandy -- There is no automatic change log available in Project Server 2007, but there is a manual method you could use. Before the PM makes changes to the enterprise project, he/she should click File - Save As ...

Change cell color based on variable condition
I have a large table with 5 data columns and a sum column: A B C D E F 1 2 2 2 2 2 10 2 2 8 2 2 2 16 3 1 1 6 1 1 10 4 1 2 1 2 8 14 5 1 2 3 4 5 15 The actual data is much larger (1E10). I would like to change the color of each cell that meets some criteria, such as it is >= 50% of the sum (F). In the table above, that is true for B2, C3, & E4. So I;d like to turn those cells yellow and leave the other unchanged. I would also like to be able to change the formula in one place and have all cells recalculate. Failing that, I'd like to be able...

How to import previous MSCRM data after change in AD domain name?
Hi I have re-installed WinSvr 2003 onto my previous Win2k CRM box, and while re-installing MSCRM, I realized I have gotten myself into a jam. When I re-installed the WinSvr 2003, we changed our AD domain name. This means MSCRM won't be able to load my previous MSCRM data (since it was then setup using the old domain name). I still have access to the previous MSCRM data in SQL Server 2000. Is there any way I can still load in the old MSCRM data? Or should I just jump into the ocean.... :O Thnks, Jeffrey Jeffrey, Take a look at the redeployment tool that was released about a month ag...

Changing name of Investment?
I was starting to build my portfolio in Money 2004, and I typed in the name of the company (Sportsman's Guide), but I've decided I'd rather have my portfolio display my stocks by their symbols (SGDE), and I can't figure out how to change the name of the investment. If I highlight the name, then type in SGDE, it displays Sportsman's Guide, since they're already linked. If I delete the transaction, even though I don't have any other transactions involving SGDE, it still keeps Sportsman's Guide and SGDE in its list, so I can't "re-build" the s...

change outlook to only beep for inbox mail (not filtered mail)
I get alot of mail from lists etc and have outlook (2003) setup to move those list emails to folders and skip the inbox. I check on those lists when i need to but things that come to my inbox are usually things i need to know about right away. It is distracting to hear the beep or see the envelope icon when its one of the list emails. That said, it is really useful to hear the beep or see the icon when the email is just things in the inbox. So, is there a way to limit the various notifications to sound off *only* for inbox items? Any help/suggestions would be thoroughly appreciated! Cheers ...

Right Margin #2
Can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? My publication is cutting off on the right margin in print preview AND when I print the document (even though the margins are ..25 all the way around.) The left margin is fine!! This is driving me crazy!!! Can someone please help? -- Wendi It is your printer's margin limitation. Read the documentation that came with your printer. I assume this is a landscape document. Open WordPad, file, page setup, type zero in each margin, WordPad will default to your printer's specifications. The largest margin will be on the bottom in portrait, right-side in land...

Track changes #2
Hello All Is tere any way of having the Track Changes option set to Yes as default - so that all new excel files have this set automatically? I am currently using Office97, but would upgrade if this was necessary. Thanks for any help. Les Ruth Isaacs shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel: > Hello All > > Is tere any way of having the Track Changes option set to Yes as > default - so that all new excel files have this set automatically? > > I am currently using Office97, but would upgrade if this was > necessary. > > Thanks for any help. > Les I...