How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all file.

How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all files(*.*)"

thanks
0
default1 (1)

I'm not sure you can change this permanently.

I just type
*.*
in the filename box and hit enter

(it's almost almost as quick as a default <bg>.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to change default 'Files of Type' to open only .pub files
Is there a setting in the registry or elsewhere so that when I File-Open I only get .pub files & not have it default to Files of Type "All Publisher Files"? It takes a long time for it to find all the files with various extensions. PUB files are all I want. -- T.G. Lambini Create a folder in My Documents, name it Publisher or whatever, Open options in Publisher, general tab, click the publication line, click modify... browse to the folder where you want Publisher documents to go. Drag all your Publisher documents to this folder. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all file.
How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all files(*.*)" thanks I'm not sure you can change this permanently. I just type *.* in the filename box and hit enter (it's almost almost as quick as a default <bg>.) How do I change"files of type" default wrote: > > How do I change file/open/"files of type" to default to "all files(*.*)" > > thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

"FILES OF TYPE"
When I open Excel, how can I get the same file to open each time in "files of type"? "ALL MICROSOFT EXCELL FILES" is the default and I would like to have "MICROSOFT EXCELL FILES" open each time Excel likes to help you. I just type: *.xls or *.xl* in the filename box and hit enter. It's a little extra work, but it's still pretty quick. And if I know that I'm looking for something with "yyy" in the name, I'd type: *yyy*.xls and hit enter. ROD BRIM wrote: > > When I open Excel, how can I get the same file to open > each ...

Disable "files of type" combo box
hi friends, i have some problum to disable "files of type" combo box in open dialog box how to disable "files of type" combo box in open dialog box in excel -- areddy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28204 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477434 I don't think this is possible--well maybe using some windows API stuff, but that's way beyond me. areddy wrote: > > hi friends, > > i have som...