how do i change days in a year to 365

How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for
functions such as Days360 and other methods of figuring out how many days
occur between 2 dates?
0
tripjules (1)

The number of days between two dates can be calculated by direct subtraction.
 For example, if A1 contains 1/1/2004 and A2 contains 1/1/2005 and you enter
the formula =A2-A1 in another cell, the result will be 366 (formated as an
integer).
--
Gary's Student

"tripjules" wrote:

> How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for
> functions such as Days360 and other methods of figuring out how many days
> occur between 2 dates?
0
GarysStudent (1572)

Workflow rules
I'd like to be able to change the order of "else if" conditions without deleting and re-creating the ones at the end. In other words, I have conditions A and C already in the rule, and need to insert condition B between them in the processing order. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this in the Workflow Manager, and I've been told by our consultant that the only way to make this change is to either delete and re-create "Condition C" after creating "Condition B" or I have to go in and edit the XML directly. Can anyone suggest either a simpl...

changing from days to months
I am new to excel. But please have pity and help me. I have a chart that is perfect but I need to be able to change my pivot table/chart from month to month to print out reports and it is stuck on giving me the total year info. Can someone please help. What does my Date need to be labeled as? what axis? is there a box I am not checking? it will not let me group it? Please help me? so frustrated..... ;( -- ultrasounds4u Hi, In the pivot table, right click the word Grand Total and choose Hide from the shortcut menu. Do this for either the row or column fields or both. Cheers, ...

changing a property for a control in code
I want to create a command button on my form that will change the properties of a control... I have a form that has 4 controls in kind of a table format... I tab through the controls doing data entry... sometimes I am only entering two of the fields... sometimes I am entering all four... I'd like my command button to change the tab stop property for two of the fields to NO when I am entering only two fields.. I can create the button, and get the module started, but I'm not sure how to refer to the property of the control.. my first control is called [lot number] the second i...

Exporting Data to Excel-Date Format Changed
When exporting large amounts of information into Excel (Office 2000) some of the date formats are changed but not all.Most are kept as DDMMYY but some are turned around like US format into MMDDYY.Before exporting it will read 11/4/05 but after exporting into excel becomes 4/11/05.As i say 80% of dates remain the same as from Citrix program they been exported from.Any ideas anyone? You may have serious problems, a volatile mixture of correct dates, wrong dates and text that look like dates but has no date value. So when you say that "most dates remain the same" -try changing dat...

Changing signatures in Outlook 2003 with plain text?
I use plain text, non-html for my message formatting in Outlook 2003. To kludge using form letters, I have several "signatures" set up that are actually full-blown messages. All I need to do is pick the appropriate one, put a name after "Dear " and send the message. A colleague has his default email set up for html messages. If he starts a new message, he just right-clicks in the message window and a context menu comes up with a choice of "change signature." I don't get that option though with plain text. What am I doing wrong? I can do a couple wo...

CEdit EN_CHANGE event is triggered twice on changing selected content?
Hi, I have the following problem: Normally, the EN_CHANGE event of a CEdit control is triggered once, if the caret is set within the control and a key is pressed. But if the caret is not only set but the content of the control is selected, the event is triggered twice! The thing is, I open a dialog window on the EN_CHANGE event. If the content of the edit control is not selected when changing it, the control gets updated immediately before the dialog is opened. But if the content is selected and is changed, the dialog gets opened BEFORE the change of the edit control gets visible. AFTER closi...

Problem publishing changes
Hey, 2 days ago i posted a message searching for a solution to a publishing problem we are experiencing. The problem seems related to the XSL problems i found on this newsgroup. But the anwers didn't work for us. Sometimes we can publish changes, but the real problem only starts then. The XSL templates that are generated by the deployment manager are corrupt. The first line of the new templates isdifferent and unreadable compared to the original ones. The rest of the templates contains spaces between each two characters. The result is that when opening the entity in a browser we re...

Force recurring tasks to week day
I am using Outlook 2000. Is there any way to set a recurring task such that it will move to the previous week day when it happens to fall on a weekend? For example, I set a monthly recurring task for the 15th of the month. When the 15th is on a weekend, I want the task to show up on the Friday before the 15th. Thank you. ...

Change the language
Hi there, is it possible to change MS CRM language after installation? Thanks in advance Dear Diogo, No this is not possible. I think the best way to archieve your goal, is to install a second crm server with the correct language, do the same customizations there (don't export and import the customizations, that won't work) and the move the data. I hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Diogo Monteiro" wrote: > Hi there, is it possible to change MS CRM language after installation? > > Thanks in advance ...

Changing Autoarchive Settings
Hi all Any help is greatly appreciated... Is there a way to automatically change the autoarchive setting in *all* my personal folders?... settings would be the same for all folders, After 3 Days go to \\archive.pst exept for sent folder wich will be after 3 days \\sentarchive.pst TIA Juan Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Juan Sanchez" <jsanchez_urraza@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2410901c45ef4$...

Inventory posting for new year before running year end?
Hello, What happens if we post inventory transactions for new year without performing year end for 2008? Thanks, MS When you close inventory for 2008, beginning quantities are updated. If you've posted 2009 transactions, they will be included in the 2008 beginning quantity. There are a handful of inventory reports that use the Beginning Qty field, such as the Inventory Turns report. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks Frank... Did you mean to say the posted transaction will be incu...

change cursor from dot to line?
I am using Office 2003. My cursor/insertion point has suddenly changed from a line I to a dot. I can change it back by altering zoom to 500% and back again, but this does not save the changes and I have to perform this operation every time I open word. any ideas? What you can do is create an auto macro that changes the zoom automatically each time you start Word: Sub AutoNew() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage = 500 .Percentage = 100 End With End Sub Sub AutoOpen() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage = 500 .Percentage = 100 End With End Sub ...

Free 3-days Modifier with VBA workshop online
Hey Guys, Learn From the Best! Mariano Gomez [MVP] is preparing for a free 3-days Modifier with VBA workshop online, believe me it will be very much helpful for all, check the link below: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-week-free-visual-basic-for.html Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ ...

How do I change the look and feel of my intranet
Sorry, I'm a newbie, just learning this stuff. We've installed Business Portal and am connecting using Sharepoint/Great Plains 9.0. We setup our new intranet website, but now looking for a way to change the look and feel. Do I need to use a tempate to change the default blue look? Do I need to install Frontpage 2003 and upload the new template to the GreatPlains/Business Portal website? Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanks. Whirley: Look at the BusinessPortalAdminGuide.pdf file that installed with the product. Section 5, Chapter 18 gives your precise information o...

Changing e-mail adress
A little while ago i gat a new e-mail adress, but now i dont know how to change the adress in ''windows mail'' .. Any suggestions ?? "HelleXi" <HelleXi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:729A94D2-8811-4136-895A-E06EB5ED0D32@microsoft.com... >A little while ago i gat a new e-mail adress, but now i dont know how to > change the adress in ''windows mail'' .. Any suggestions ?? Tools menu>accounts>Add. Do you have all the server details to go with the new address? If not then get back with more detail of...

Is is possible to change the body line size?
I often send "work related traces". When sending such traces i would like to change the line size, cause the traces lines are much more long then possible in the message. Is it possible to change it at all? I believe I reviewed all possible configuration options, but didn't find something. Regards, Eran Kaufman ...

Can you change the "Regarding" field in a tracked Email?
Hi, I have a user who has managed to "track" five emails from different customers incorrectly and they are now all "regarding" the same customer. I need to change the "regarding" field for the emails that are from different customers and re-track them to the correct accounts. When I view the email in the History tab of the account, the regarding field's search icon is greyed out. Anyone have any ideas? TIA Grant This would indicate the e-mail activity is closed. And once closed activities cannot be changed anymore. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) L...

Tracking changes to file
Is there a way to track the date when edits are made to an excel file? Thank Jerry There is a facility in Excel to track changes to the workbook, particularly in a shared environment. I've never used it myself, but you can get further details from Excel Help - search for change_history. Hope this helps. Pete ...

Days of the Month
Im doing a timesheet and i really want to throw my pc out of the window now i need to get a to take the total hours worked a week from hours contracted but the weeks arent always complete at the beginning or end of the month so contracted hrs change and the cell where the formula should be worked out changes too as the dates are filled in automatically days move in the rows but the column stays the same. i have been using if statements to recognise whether it is a "fri" but dunno how to change it for the first and last week !!! Hey, Can you give an example of your layout so we ...

How to change the menu's skin of the mainframe
Hi All: I have a requirement to change the look & feel of menu's skin in the mainframe. And I draw the title's backgroud color,but when the window moving or resizing,the color is not steady. why? And I cancle the function of " cs.style &=~(WS_SYSMENU)" in the function PreCreateWindow(), but when I double click the window's title,the window can't change into big. why? How do I can waiting for reply. Thanks & Regards, terrcy terrcy, You might want to check http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ and http://www.codeproject.com/menu...

Easy way to change Pivot table source files?
Is there an easy way in Excel 2007 to rename the location of pivot tables (something along the lines of what you can do within edit links). I have about a dozen files each containing about 10 pivot tables that reference a data file outside the workbook. When copying the whole folder structure so that I could use the same spreasheets with different data, the pivot reference still realtes to the old datafile. I thought the easiest way might be to open my workbook that has the pivot tables and at the same time the source datafile workbook and re-name the latter it to a differe...

Calculating age in years and months from Date of Birth
I think these formulas help me a lot, but I need the answer in years an months, not decimals or days! Can you help? To calculate the number of years from the date, enter the followin formula in cell B1: =YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1) The result (rounded): 23 Years For a decimal solution, use the following formula =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"m")/12 The result: 23.25 Years To calculate the number of months from the date, enter the followin formula in cell D1: =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"m") The result: 279 Month -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),...

Macro changes color
Hello I have the following macro to set chart fonts to arial 10. But If I apply this macro to a chart that already has fonts colored differently (lets say some are red, some blue, some white) it changes all fonts to black. I tried to remove ColorIndex hoping i would than ignore color, but it doesn't help. How to make macro that will not change the set colors in the chart? Selection.AutoScaleFont = False With Selection.Font .Name = "Arial" .Size = 10 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont =...

Total Change not Updating
When I run update for the investment summary none of my stocks show any change in price which I think makes the Days Total Change in my portfolio manager never show anything. I remember it working a while ago but it doesn't work anymore so I never see what my daily total change is. Anyone have any ideas why these stock prices are not updating? What version of Money? Is it more than two years since installation (Standard) or 3 years (Deluxe and Premium)? Do your other accounts update? -- Peace, BobJ "David6734" <David6734@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...