How do I change data that has been entered in a column to a row?

I have text data (name, address, city, state, zip) that has been entered on a
spreadsheet in columns down the spread sheet (each criteria in it's own cell
vertically/in columns) and I need each of the above mentioned criteria to be
in it's own cell horizontally so that it can be imported into a database. so
in other words the name, address etc woul read from left to right across the
spreadsheet. I have Mircosfot Excel 2003. I have over 300 names and addresses
to convert.  Any idea on how to make this fast and easy would be very
appreciated.
0
ryoung1 (1)

ryoung

I presume your data is in separate cells e.g

A1 = name
A2 = address
A3 = city
A4 = state
A5 = zip
A6 = name
A7 = address etc etc

Highlight cells B1 to F1 (i.e target raange for first address). Then type in
cell B1 whilst cells are highlighted (cell B1 will appear white, rest blue)

=TRANSPOSE(A1:A5)

IMPORTANT. Do not press enter but press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. This will put your
data in rows.

Now copy this range i.e B1 to F1 and then paste in cell B6 (i.e for your
next address). Then continue down page...

Any problems, write back

Alex

"ryoung" wrote:

> I have text data (name, address, city, state, zip) that has been entered on a
> spreadsheet in columns down the spread sheet (each criteria in it's own cell
> vertically/in columns) and I need each of the above mentioned criteria to be
> in it's own cell horizontally so that it can be imported into a database. so
> in other words the name, address etc woul read from left to right across the
> spreadsheet. I have Mircosfot Excel 2003. I have over 300 names and addresses
> to convert.  Any idea on how to make this fast and easy would be very
> appreciated.
0
Alex4922 (316)
6/23/2005 6:02:03 PM
Not very practical if you  have more than one name and address.
there would be more names and address continuing in
A8,   A15,   A22,  A29,   A36   etc.

Take a look at a macro solution or worksheet solutions in
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm-
---
HTH,

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:995F1B15-CFC9-416E-9F1B-73070ACBAE03@microsoft.com...
> ryoung
>
> I presume your data is in separate cells e.g
>
> A1 = name
> A2 = address
> A3 = city
> A4 = state
> A5 = zip
> A6 = name
> A7 = address etc etc
>
> Highlight cells B1 to F1 (i.e target raange for first address). Then type in
> cell B1 whilst cells are highlighted (cell B1 will appear white, rest blue)
>
> =TRANSPOSE(A1:A5)
>
> IMPORTANT. Do not press enter but press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. This will put your
> data in rows.
>
> Now copy this range i.e B1 to F1 and then paste in cell B6 (i.e for your
> next address). Then continue down page...
>
> Any problems, write back
>
> Alex
>
> "ryoung" wrote:
>
> > I have text data (name, address, city, state, zip) that has been entered on a
> > spreadsheet in columns down the spread sheet (each criteria in it's own cell
> > vertically/in columns) and I need each of the above mentioned criteria to be
> > in it's own cell horizontally so that it can be imported into a database. so
> > in other words the name, address etc woul read from left to right across the
> > spreadsheet. I have Mircosfot Excel 2003. I have over 300 names and addresses
> > to convert.  Any idea on how to make this fast and easy would be very
> > appreciated.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

update column

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data