hOW DO i CHANGE COLUMN WIDTH FOR ONLY A SELECT RANGE OF CELLS?

You can only change the entire column's width. A column cannot have two
widths, tho you may be able to emulate it using merged cells.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"RCONLON_291" <RCONLON_291@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ng1 (1444)
9/14/2005 1:39:42 PM
activesheet.columns("D:G").columnwidth = 3

"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> You can only change the entire column's width. A column cannot have two
> widths, tho you may be able to emulate it using merged cells.
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>
> "RCONLON_291" <RCONLON_291@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jmay (696)

change last serie to be line in the line-column Excel chart in Wor
Hi, I'd like to insert the Excel chart in Word doc. When I insert an Excel chart with 4 series in the type of line-column. The second serie always to be line, I want to the last serie to be line rather than second one. I know how change it when it happens in Excel. But I cannot find the all of excel Menus in Word windows when I edit chart in the word, so I donot know how change it? Thanks a lot for anyone offering help. Hi, That depends on how you copied the chart into word? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Eric" wrote: > Hi, I'd like to insert the Excel chart in ...

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

Sorting pivot table by specific field (column)
Hey guys (and girls), Anyone know how to sort a pivot table by a specific field (not the total sum of the fields)? For instance, if I have 5 years of data 2002-6 and 20 countries. If I make a pivot table of these I get 21 rows (the countries + total) and 6 columns for years (5 years of data + total). If I use the Field Settings --> Advanced --> Sort by field the Pivot table (PT) will be sorted by the sum of the different fields. What if I don't want this, but rater want to sort it by for instance year 2003. How do I do that? Anyone have a nice and clever solution? Much appreciated...

Using cell reference with logical operator in DGET expression
I am using DGET to search an array in the worksheet to find a particular percent to use in a calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The row members of the array contain a series of from and to values that I use to identify which row has the percent I am looking for. I have defined the array as a range and I can use the logical operatirs with numeric values in the range criteria and everything works fine. For example, I can use <500 in the appropriate cell in range criteria to find the percent to use when the value for that column in the array is less than 500. All working f...

reference cell above even if row deleted
I would like to be able to reference a cell imediately above the current cell even if the row above that cell had just been deleted. For instance: contents of A5: =A4+$B$1 then delete row 4 and rather than have contents of A4:#REF!+$B$1 have it A4:A3+$B$1 Is there some way to do this? Thanks for any tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You can use the OFFSET function: =OFFSET(A5,-1,0)+$B$1 John Keith wrote: > I would like to be able to reference a cell imediately above the > current cell even if the row above that cell had just been deleted. > > For instance: > > conte...

Help on subscript out of range error (VB6/VBA)
Hi, I want to work with multiple excel workbooks en worksheets using a stand alone VB6 application. 1. First I open and close the workbooks and populate a listbox with sheetnames. 2. Then I select some sheets and fill an Array. (This array contains sheetnames from different workbooks) 3. The last step is to open and close the workbooks again and loop (For Each) through the sheets to get the information I need using the above mentioned array. The only problem is that I receive an "Subscript out of Range" error. This error occurs because I'm attempting tot access a workshee...

SumIFS Cell
I am trying to reference a cell in a formula and I would like to say anything greater then cell J2 but when I input this it searches for text. =SUMIFS($B$2:$B$27,$A$2:$A$27,"000001",$C$2:$C$27,>D2) A B C D 1 00001 100 40248 40248 2 12001 150 40237 3 15001 200 40237 4 00001 150 40290 5 00001 50 40350 I would like the total to return 200 because Cell C5 and C4 are larger than Cell D1 in respect to the Sku number I would like to sum. But when I put in >J2 it enters “>J2” and it won’t return a value other then 0. (If I put in just D2 then it returns a valu...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Table Cell
I have created a form using a table. I want to lock or block cells that should not be changed. How do you do this? ...

Letter Writing Assistant selection based on Smart List Lookup
We had a great opportunity to use the letter writing assistance to send out a notice to any vendor used within the last 6 months. Using the smartlist lookup up we can see those vendors we have issued a check to based on Last Check date, but the Letter Writing Assistant only allows you to select ranges. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

variable field width
I need to display client name and associated address information. There are three rows of data which are taken from the contacts table. The field boxes are all fixed in width, I want to make the width dependant on the data length, and if the field data are short, the boxes would leave no extra white space. I may have several field boxes in a row, and I would like the boxes to go right next to one another without spaces, so each field box position is anchored to the end of the previous field box. How would I implement this? John. John D. wrote: > I need to displ...

Changing the Language on Office X
My other half uses a French version of Office X. I, however, speak French as well as I speak Martian. Is it possible to change the language? Thanks. Hi This is from Word's help when I searched on the word "language", but I'm not sure if this is what you meant: Check the spelling of all or part of a document in another language 1. If you haven't already done so, install the dictionary for the language you want to check. How? 2. Select the text that's written in another language. 3. On the Tools menu, click Language. 4. In the Mark selected text as box, click the...

Resource Calendar changed on fixed duration tasks
I have created a few fixed duration tasks with two or more resources. When I add a vacation day to one of the resources, Project 2007 is correctly extending the duration until the resource returns. My problem is that when I remove that vacation day ( employees do occasionally change vacation plans), the duration stays at the longer time period and does not go back to its original shorter duration. Is anyone else having this issue or is a flag somewhere controlling this apparent anomoly? Hello TNCAdams, I have certainly seen that before and I'm not sure I'd call it an ...

Cell Protection #8
Hello: I am using the UserInterfaceOnly to protect my worksheet. I have it placed in the workbook object. Unfortunately, after the workbook is open the user can Tools>>Protection>>Unprotect Sheet. Is there a way to password out this option? I would like the user to have access to only the standard toolbar, is there a method to stop them from enabling various toolbars, menus options and manipulating the sheet, etc. Kind regards, D.Parker Wouldn't it be simpler to use a password that the user doesn't know? And don't forget to protect your project. In th...

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

Sorting in select query. manually
Hello, I have a select query and I would like to sort on the field month. but I want to be able to specify the order myself (not descending nor ascending). how can I do this? thank you! You create a table with the data you which you would see in the Month field and the sort order that you want. You then join these two tables in the query and sort on it. Something like this: Month MonthSort Jan 12 Feb 11 Mar 3 and so on. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycl...

Excel & Word auto selection from menus
Ok, I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser. I use quick commands like the letter code or arrows on menus to speed along without the grab, aquire, click business. Excel & Word seem to be periodically (not always) automatically selecting menu items based on prior selections if I use arrow selectors. How do I turn this off? I get no help from "Help". Please reply to my e-mail address: legreenwood@hotmail.com. Thanks! Would love to get rid of this nuisance & keep speeding along. ...

Money is trying to change my Internet Explorer Security settings.
Every time I use MS Money Deluxe 2007 it tries to change my Internet Explorer Security settings. What is it trying to change specifically and how can I stop it permanently from doing that? -- Howard ...

How do you move the curser around in a cell
What do mean by "cursor" and what do you want to do? HTH Otto "krisf" <krisf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD5F197-4745-4FD3-95BE-80A10897020F@microsoft.com... > ...

don't change free quantity in extended price promotion
We are using Great Plains 8.0 and the problem we have is this: When using a promotion sheet in extended price, and the promotion is that you give for example one free item for every 6 you buy, you can change the quantity of the free item. That way anyone can change the amount of the item you are giving as a gift. There should be a restriction fro changing the quantity of the free item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

Clause order in SQL select query
Are there any rules that govern clause order? Does the parser care? Obviously SELECT must be first but does WHERE have to precede ORDER BY? This question arises because I have a situation where the VBA code would be easier if the WHERE could be the final clause. That way I could have an unchanging SELECT, FROM, ORDER BY string and just tag the WHERE; on the tail. My thinking then turned to whether there is a mandated order for other clauses too. Is there an article somewhere to explain it? -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for v...

select query of parent and child in one row
I have a parent table and a child table one parent has between 1 and 6 children in the child table I wont a query to have the parent and the child in one "row" how do I create that? thanks for helping me Your table structure is not correct for a relational database but this will get you there. This has three but you get the idea and expand on it. Place the table in the design grid as many times as you have field to combine. SELECT MultipleFieldData.x, MultipleFieldData.a & IIf(MultipleFieldData_1.b Is Null,Null," " & MultipleFieldData_1.b) & IIf(MultipleF...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

sbs 2003 change port 443
Hello, i have a sbs 2003 and a seperate webserver 2003 for a application. the seperate webserver uses the port 443 and now i want to use the sbs2003 also to sync mobile phones with OMA (that also uses port 443) what is the best thing to do? or just change the port for oma to another one? if yes wich one is a good one? or change the webapplication regards Marc I wouldn't change the Port on the SBS2003 if it was me Do you have More than 1 IP from your ISP if so then you could use the Extra IP to utilize the same port Number Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP...