how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.

when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both
labeled with numbers.  How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I
can use formulas?  thanks

Click Tools > Options > General tab
Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK
--
Rgds
Max
"slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both
> labeled with numbers.  How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that
> can use formulas?  thanks

0
demechanik (4694)
1/6/2005 4:14:12 AM
thank you so much!  I have a project that has to be finished, you know how
that is.  With your help, I can now finish!

Lynn

"slthompson" wrote:

> when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both
> labeled with numbers.  How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I
> can use formulas?  thanks
Glad it helped, Lynn !
Thanks for the feedback
--
Rgds
Max
> thank you so much!  I have a project that has to be finished, you know how
> that is.  With your help, I can now finish!
>
> Lynn

0
demechanik (4694)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

update column

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Changing language

Need to add to current formula

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...

Column help
I have a seating chart I am trying to design for our graduation ceremony. Right now I have the report set up using columns. I have a rectange box with the graduates first, middle and last name in the box. I need 16 columns across the page for the seats which I have working. My problems are that I need a bold line going down the middle to divide the 8th and 9th rows. ( Students come in from 2 lines and meet in the middle of each row.) My next problem is that I need to have another column to the left of the 1st column and one to the right of the 16th column that will count the row num...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...