How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.

How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day.

Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2.  In cell A3
put the formula:

=A2-A1
--
Gary's Student

"Knowledge001" wrote:

> How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day.
0
GarysStudent (1572)

"Calculation" in status bar
I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the status bar stays on. I do not have "manual calculation" turned on. How can I fix? Not sure if this is the issue... XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243495&Product=xlw HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "rich" <rmeyer@glenoaksescrow.com> wrote in message news:2da801c4ad68$639ec4d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the > status bar ...

excel charts #24
Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? Hi, Move off the chart, press the Shift or Ctrl keys and select the chart. Then right-click it and choose Format Object On the Properties sheet select Don't move or size with cells -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Lorena" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with > different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? ...

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

Changing which database Business Portal points to
If I install Business Portal 2.5 (GP) and point it to our Great Plains development server with an old Dynamics database, once we decide to take it live, how do I go back and point it to the live Great Plains server? Is this something that can only be done during the installation? Let me preface my response by saying I only have experience with BP 3.0.... In BP 3.0 several tables are created in the Dynamics database to support the various BP functions. Unless you plan to move or copy those tables you will probably have to reinstall BP 2.5 in order to have them created. Our attempt to cop...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Excel 2002
Have several spreadsheet files I use routinely. Three have recently crashed after I added another sheet. In each case the document recovery created a file missing all the color and text formats that the file contained before the crash. Not sure what other changes may have occurred. Is there something wrong with the copy of Excel on my PC? Could these three files be corrupt? Is there a procedure to "clean-up" these files? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mark Hi sounds like they are corrupted. I would suggest to copy the data + formats to a new, 'fresh' workbook. ...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

Saving a calculated field
First, yes I have read the threads on storing a calculated field and that it is bad mojo to do that. However, I have pay data that I calculate and input to a database and it must be able to be reconciled with our ADP data. So I need the ability to change and fix the data so it does not change as a result of recalculations. I have a form with a field that calculates the pay based on hours and pay rate. I have another field (the "copy" field) next to that one that has the control source set to the database field. I have set the default value of that field to be equal to the...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

Time calculations
Hi, Please help, I need to add and subtract columns of data expressed as H:mm:ss.sss. That is, for example, 1:30:15.07 being 1 hour 30 minutes 15 seconds and 7 hundreths of a second. Can someone please advise how to do this in excel. I am running XP Pro. I want to easily compare and contrast swimmers and runners times for a model I am building. I need the ability to compare different athletes times and determine the difference in their performances using the power of excel instead of my calculator. Cheers Time is stored as fractions of a day, so 1:30:15.07 if formatted to General wou...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Changing Titles by a formula
From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to another sheet. I only need to change the office and date per each title. Is thier a way to do that making the office and date a formula in another cell? example of title ABC Comp, Office 38L Sales as of 6/07/2004 I need to only keep changeing the 38L and date. Any suggestions----Thanks Say Office # is in Column 'C' in cell A1: ="ABC Comp, Office "&C1&" Sales as of "&Today() ----- Heather wrote: ----- From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to ...

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

FIX at bottom-right of Excel screen. Know what it means?
When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing this? It means you have fixed decimal settings checked under tools>options>edit -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bobbert" <Bobbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFFD8EFF-D7A2-42D8-862E-E0B1F535A5BE@microsoft.com... > When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the > CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing > this? Tools>Options&g...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a con.
How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart? I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values. How I can do that without having to make complete data series? Judy, Jon Peltier has just updated his site to include a Run chart that you could revise to be a control chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html Jon also has an example of a dynamic control chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Judy" wrote: > How do I easily draw in ...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

OFX download of portfolio prices?
Does anybody know of an online portfolio that will allow export of stock prices by OFX? It would then be possible to import prices into MS Money, once the tap is turned off. It wouldn't be as good as now, but better than updating by hand. R I don't know of one but I do know that some folks are investigating this avenue of attack. One thing that comes to mind for me is writing some simple screen scraping code--or even something that reaches out to the Yahoo Finance .CSV download--to generate the QIF. One would have to be very careful crafting this QIF to make sure it did no ...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...