How do i add " to the beginning of all cells

I have a login script that has lost its quote marks. example:
DisableChangePassword=dword:00000001

It should read:
::\"::DisableChangePassword::\"::=dword:00000001

I have already added the quotes to the far side:
DisableChangePassword::\"::=dword:00000001 But i am having trouble
adding the first quote mark.

Oh by the way there are over 500 entries to be made, so one at a time
is not what i want to do. Also not all rows need the quote marks.
Thank you for your help!!

--
yvanblo
yvanblo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26099

You could use the Replace function. In the "Find what" box, enter the word
Disable. In "Replace with, enter ::\::Disable. Try it on a couple of cells;
if it works, click Replace All. Then "Find what" Password=, "Replace with"
Password::\::=.

"yvanblo" <yvanblo.1tigqn_1123614359.261@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:yvanblo.1tigqn_1123614359.261@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have a login script that has lost its quote marks. example:
> DisableChangePassword=dword:00000001
>
> It should read:
> ::\"::DisableChangePassword::\"::=dword:00000001
>
> I have already added the quotes to the far side:
> DisableChangePassword::\"::=dword:00000001 But i am having trouble
> adding the first quote mark.
>
> Oh by the way there are over 500 entries to be made, so one at a time
> is not what i want to do. Also not all rows need the quote marks.
> Thank you for your help!!
>

> --
> yvanblo
> yvanblo's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26099
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394314

0
roneville (91)
8/9/2005 8:06:21 PM
The problem is not all of the cells say DisableChangePassword, they AL
say something different. Example:
AdvancedTab"=dword:00000000
ConnectionsTab"=dword:00000000
Connwiz Admin Lock"=dword:00000000
ContentTab"=dword:00000000
FormSuggest Passwords"=dword:00000000
GeneralTab"=dword:00000000
HomePage"=dword:00000000
Messaging"=dword:00000000

And again notice the quote mark on only the left side of the comment
Also, i have 7 or 8 different files, each containing 250 lines of cod
or more, that all need this done to them. That would be alot of typin
to put them all in one at a time.

Thanks for the help Richard, let me know if there is a way to use th
same technique for all of these different names, maybe a wild card o
something. Thanks

--
yvanbl
yvanblo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2609
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39431

Is it possible to add a helper column?  Then, in an unused cell (e.g
IV1) enter a quote mark.

In your helper column enter the formula:

=$IV$1&B1  (where B1 is the first cell with your desired text t
update)

Copy this to the other cells needing updating.

You can then Copy>Paste Special>Values to overwrite the old cells.
Finally, delete the helper column.

Will this work for you?

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39431

How to copy cells horizontally to cells out of sequence
I have data in cells that are on Sheet1. This data is in Cells B2, B3, B4, B5 etc (All Horizonally, ie staying in same row). I'm working on Sheet2 and would like to know how to take this data from Sheet1 and copy it to different cells on Sheet2, but have the data fall vertically. I can copy this once and repeat, but I am looking for a formula that will do this for me so I can copy it multiple times. Example: Sheet1, B2, will go to Sheet2, K4. Sheet1 C2, will go to Sheet2, K5 Sheet1 D2, will go to Sheet2, K6 Please help. One way: Enter this in K4 of Sheet2, and copy down as n...

How do I select or add differant paper TYPE beside plain paper?
Trying to print a handbook with pages 1-2 on heavy card stock paper double sided. I go to print properties and it only shows plain paper to select as choice. I am printing from Microsoft Publisher. When I do print it on plain paper it comes out correct as double sided. When I use card stock it only prints page one. What can I do to add heavy stock paper to selection of paper type? Most duplex units will not print double sided on card stock. You could create your cover in a new publication and manually duplex. This is not a Publisher issue... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office....

How to produce a chart based on number of cells not values in the cells
Hi I'm using Excel 2007. I have a requirement to base a chart on the number cells rather than the values in the cell. For example, here are some values I might enter against Monday to Friday: 1,3,1,1,2 In this example, I want my (pie) chart to show that 3/5 are value 1, 1/5 is value 2 and 1/5 is value 3 (i.e. the pie chart should have 3 sections). What excel does, is split the chart into 8 sections, and shows each individual value. Any suggestions on how I might achieve this, Thanks for any help Colin You need to do some calculations in the sheet first, then plot the results: http...

detect cell value
Wat do I use to detect cell contain the word "Actual" and assign the row to a variable which I can use latter on? Hi you may explain with some more detail what you mean with 'variable assignment' and what you want to do later on -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ea7B#8u1EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wat do I use to detect cell contain the word "Actual" and assign the row to > a variable which I can use latter on? > > I want to use it to hide the entire ro...

Want to link a cell of numbers with a cell of text & can sort
I have a column of #s and a column of text. The column of text describes the column of numbers. I don't want to have to retype either column. Is it possible to LINK/CONNECT the two columns so that they will act as one unitl? If I try to merge the cells in the same row of the two different columns I lose the text. This is important because I must monthly import data and the data in the columns could either increase or decrease. Please advise. Thank YOul hi you might consider a formula. =A2&B2 if you need a space between the numbers and text.... =A2&&qu...

Extract last words in cell
Hi all, I need some help. I have to import lists that look like that below and need to extract to seperate cells the words/letters after the postcode (BA5 2AA etc). In the first example H and No will move to seperate cells, Deleted and No likewise and H No and 04/07/2003 likewise. The full address up to the postcode will remain. Any help as always much appreciated. 10, First ROAD, MEXLEY, KENT BA5 2AA H No HENLEYS, Yellow ROAD, Bromley, KENT ZA3 2AS Deleted No MANOR Road HOUSE, Dirt ROAD, Grays, Essex BD4 3LX H No 04/07/2003 Thanks Hi based on this example data I doubt this is really po...

Replace text for selected cells only
Is it possible to select specific cells and then have the Replace feature only apply to those cells, particularly if I use the Replace-All button? That's the way it works. Are you experiencing something different? (one tip. Don't hit the Find all button. If you notice, your selection is lost when you do that.) Hall wrote: > > Is it possible to select specific cells and then have the Replace feature > only apply to those cells, particularly if I use the Replace-All button? -- Dave Peterson Selecting only one cell, and Excel will try to Replace throughout the whole...

Money 05 can't add numbers
The identical accounts and balances shown in the portfolio selection and then on the home investing page of money do no add to hte same figure. The Investing page is incorrect. Anyone been able to teach Money 05 how to add a column of numbers? ...

If statement...copy values of cells on another worksheet.
I need a formula that looks at a drop down list on a different worksheet and if it is "Sold", then the data values from T2:AC2 would show up on the other worksheet. Is this possible? I figured it out. "heater" wrote: > I need a formula that looks at a drop down list on a different worksheet and > if it is "Sold", then the data values from T2:AC2 would show up on the other > worksheet. Is this possible? I still need help. I need it to look at S2:S86 (drop down list), if it is "Sold", then T2. I beleive I have to write a formula for e...

Using a command button to add
I would like to click on a command button - it would then add 1 to a predetermined cell Which bit do you want, the add bit With Range("H10") .Value = .Value + 1 End With or add the button. Drag it off the Forms toolbar and assign a macro with the above code -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Chance" <Chance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CB9A2FE-2426-431D-8671-4E467F7F8D32@microsoft.com... > I would like to click on a command button - it would then add 1 to a > predetermined cell H...

Add code to a excel's form created by program (Vb .Net)
How can I to add code to a Microsoft Excel's form created by program? I try with : VBCompForm = oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Add(VBIDE. vbext_ComponentType.vbext_ct_MSForm) VBCompForm.Name = "New_Frm" Dim VBCodeMod_Frm As VBIDE.Components Dim linea_frm As Long VBCodeMod_frm = oBook.vbproject.vbcomponents("New_Frm").codemodule With VBCodeMod_frm linea_frm = .CountOfLines + 1 .InsertLines(linea_frm, _ "Private Sub UserForm_Activate()" & Chr(13) + Chr(13) & _ "'Boton Aceptar" & Chr(13) & _ ...

Copying tables with hidden cells
I have a table in Excel 2000 with hidden columns and I want to copy it to Word without the hidden columns reappearing. Is there anyway I can do this? Not to worry. I've worked out how to do it eventually. >-----Original Message----- >I have a table in Excel 2000 with hidden columns and I >want to copy it to Word without the hidden columns >reappearing. Is there anyway I can do this? >. > ...

Flagging up dates in cells #2
Cheers Alex All sorted now -- midase ------------------------------------------------------------------------ midase's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15863 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273554 ...

Macro to swap cells
I would like a macro that would move the currently highlighted block up one row, moving the cells that were above to below. Its something I would find very useful. TIA. The macro recorder is your friend. Then you can clean it up. Sub Macro6() ' ' Macro6 Macro ' Macro recorded 7/14/2007 by Donald B. Guillett ' ' Rows("13:13").Select Selection.Cut Rows("12:12").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown End Sub Sub cleanupupcut()'does the same Rows(ActiveCell.Row).Cut Rows(ActiveCell.Row - 1).Insert End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsof...

do cell refernces have to move when I cut and paste?
I'm trying to something verrrry simple, and being outsmarted by Excel... What I want is for sheetX to ALWAYS read from sheetY's first cells A2, A3, A4, etc, no matter how I rearrange, delete, insert rows in sheetY. In more detail - ( note that this is a simple ( contrived ) example to illustrate the problem ): I have sheet1: *price* $22.00 $44.00 $88.00 and sheet2: *half price* $11.00 $22.00 $44.00 sheet2 cells contain this formula: =sheet1!$A$2/2 =sheet1!$A$3/2 =sheet1!$A$4/2 Now the problem: If I delete a row in sheet1, I get a #REF error. Or if I add a new row in the middl...

How do I add background color to one page?
How do I add background color to a specific area on 1 page? Create the colored area using a drawing item and place it behind anything in that area. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ms. T" <Ms. T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35420AD9-D9FD-451D-8863-85CCA404B7AA@microsoft.com... > How do I add background color to a specific area on 1 page? But remember -- it may not print to the edge of the paper -- even if it shows that way on your screen. Printing to the edge of the p...

Macro code for dropping to next empty cell
Hi I am trying to get a macro to copy data from one cell & paste it onto the bottom of a list, however my current attempt just keeps overwriting one cell as my current programming seems to have selected an actual cell reference. I recorded the macro of me copying, then higlighting the cell at the top of the listing column, hitting CTRL+DOWN CURSOR then down cursor again before pasting. I thought this would leave the code to always drop to the bottom of the list & then go one cell further, but this appears not to be the case! Does anyone know a better (i.e. functioning!) way to ...

SP2 Move cells slow
Since I upgraded to SP2 for Office 2007 I noticed that moving objects using the arrow keys is very slow. This is going on in publisher, Word & Excel. Moving from cell to cell slower than before. Has anybody seen this phenomenon? Spike NEVER MIND I fixed it Somehow my keyboard key repeat speed got set to the SLOWEST setting Weird Spike "Spike" <zero_spam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:Oir#NBdyJHA.1420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Since I upgraded to SP2 for Office 2007 I noticed that moving objects > using the arrow keys is very slow. This is going on in ...

xxx.dll is not a valid Office Add-In
Hi, VSTO + Power Point 2007. I prepare install programs which writes into registry HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\PowerPoint\AddIns and also HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VSTO\Security\Inclusion and its works. Plugin is loaded when I start Power Point. Now I move this into second machine. Registry keys are ok but I get in PowerPoint - "xxxx.dll is not a valid Office Add-in". Can You advise something ? Regards, ...

"Cannot change part of merged cell"
Need help! I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another field that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to drop it, I get this error: "cannot change part of merged cell", I did not receive this error message for the other fields that I had selected. Please help. Thanks in advance. ExcelHelpNeeded Wrote: > Need help! > > I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another > field > that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to > drop > it, I get this error: "...

dotted blue lines in a cell
I am copying an excel spreadsheet to Word. I get a bordered dotted blue line area in a merged cell for comments and can't delete the blue lined araea. I also can't contol the cursor in the area. Any suggestions of what's happening? Dick Dick, When you copy and paste the excel spreadsheet to Word, it will show the Paste option beside the blue lined area, you can click the Paste option to choose Match Destination Table Style, then you can control the cursor in the area. Hope can help you. Blog: http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ ...

Change cell colour by date
Hi All I'm working on a spreadsheet for a maintenance program. I'm looking for a way to change the cell colour depending on when a task is due. For example: when a monthly task is due I would like the cell colour to change to remind me that it is due in a week. Thanks Use Conditional formatting, see details in Help! Regards, Stefi „Dri” ezt írta: > Hi All > I'm working on a spreadsheet for a maintenance program. I'm looking for a > way to change the cell colour depending on when a task is due. For example: > when a monthly task is due I would like ...

Delegating users to add SMTP addresses
Doe's anybody know how I can delegate a user the permissions to add SMTP addresses to a mail enabled user? Regards, Kjetil That question has been posed a number of times on the forum but I'm not certain there has ever been a definitive answer. As I'm sure you know you'll can use the delegate control wizard in AD to give them permissons to modify the user object but you'll also need to make them an Exchange View Only Admin at the very least. Nue "Kjetil" <Kjetil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CAE2DB1-F30A-42AB-ABF7-A574DEF090B7@mi...

Copy down
I have seen the following where I want to copy down specially ONLY INTO THE BLANK SPACES, but don't remember how to do this. Any ideas is greatly appreciated. The example below best demonstrates the need. ORIGINAL (example of the cells, separated by spaces) A C Y I U D E R P X T B When I do the special copy down, I want it to look like the following: A C Y I U A D E R I P A X E R I P T X B R I P T X B R I P Essentially, what I saw a long time ago, was a 3-4 step process where my friend: 1. Selected all the cells 2. Somehow did something to deselect the populated cells ...

How do I get my arrows to scroll the cells not the page?
I hit something by mistake which changed the way my arrow keys interact with Excel. The arrow keys now scroll the page instead of changing the active cell. How do I change this back? Chistine, sounds like you hit scroll lock on the key board -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Chistine" <Chistine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30447D7B-F145-41F6-ADEB-37AC2F7D5D8C@microsoft.com... >...