how do i add time up in exel

everytime i use  =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i
only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month
0
loadie (1)

Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should
definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an
odd number of hours.

--
Regards,
Fred

"loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> everytime i use  =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though
> only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month

0
fredsmith99 (155)
4/26/2005 2:09:45 AM
Hi

type out a sample of 5 of your numbers and what you get when you add them
and what you expect.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> everytime i use  =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though
> only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month

0
JulieD1 (2295)

unable to add row to Excel 2007 TABLE
Hello. I have recently started exploring the Excel 2007 "table" feature and have discovered that you cannot add a new row to a locked worksheet. OBJECTIVE - using Excel 2007, enable user to add rows to table by pressing the tab key - using Excel 2007 security: prevent a user from modifying a formula contained within a table cell STEPS TO REPRODUCE a. create a new Excel 2007 work sheet b. enter the following data such that colum B *basically* mirrors column A A1: TitleA A2: hello A3: world B1: =A2 B2: =A3 c. highlight cells A1 to B3 d. Insert -> Table -> OK e. now... if you g...

Change Format from Minutes(Time) to Number
Is there a way to convert the format of a cell in minutes to number format? For example, I am subtracting two TIME/DATE stamps and converting to Minutes with the result of 300. I want to use this 300 in calculations to find gallons per minute. When I use the number in a calculation, it using the Excel code for 300 minutes and not the absolute value (numerical value) of 300. Thank you. ...

How to fix run time error '91'
Someone at my work was doing something with Excel. Now when I try to exit I get a message saying run time error '91'. They said they don't know what happened. This only pops up and prevents exit when I try to hide a spreadsheet that was hidden from before. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks. It sounds like the file has some macro(s) in it. I'd start by using [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor and then use Debug --> Compile VBA Project and see if it points out any error in the code. If that checks out OK, then do a search in the VB code for the name of the sh...

Timer to detect idle time?
If no changes are made to my workbook after 5 minutes, I want to autosave and close the workbook. Is something like this possible? thank you Hi, Yes that's possible with code. These get pasted into 'ThisWorkbook' Private Sub Workbook_Open() Call SetDelay End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Call Disable End Sub Private Sub Workbook_SheetCalculate(ByVal Sh As Object) Call Disable Call SetDelay End Sub Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, _ ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Call Disable Call SetDelay ...

Difference between a spreadsheet and an Add-in
Hi, Suppose I've defined a few UDFs in my Excel workbook. What's the difference between saving the workbook as a regular Excel vs an Excel Add-in? In both cases I can still use the UDFs, so what's the difference? Thanks, Anuj Addins are hidden. Workbooks can be visible (or hidden). If you have an addin named myAddin.xla with a function named myFunction, you can type this in a cell: =myfunction(whateveryouneedhere) If you have a workbook named myWorkbook.xls and the function name is myFunction, you'd use: =myworkbook.xls!myfunction(whateveryouneedhere) (Unless you hav...

MS Excel Date and Time Addition
I have to run an automated test 20,000 cycles. I know that it runs 6 cycles per minute. How can I get Excel to calculate the completion date/time if I enter the start date/time in this format? Start: 7/18/03 12:00 AM Cycles: 20,000 End: ??? (assume 24x7) Without Excel, I would simply do the following: Cycles 203129 Minutes 33855 based on 6 cycles per minute Hours 564.2 Days 23.5 Jul 18 plus 23.5 days is X Thanks - Dan How about: =A1+(A2/6/60/24) A1 = Start A2 = Cycles Format as date/time. a2/6 = number of minutes /60 = number of hours /24 = number of days And you can...

load Add-ins to a trial edition?
I downloaded a trial edition of office 2003, and am trying to install Solver. ...

IF need to add a third value
my formula is =IF(B5>=C5,"G","Y") I really need to add a third value of "R" if the logical test exceeds a value beyond what is in the current formula. Thanks in advance for your assistance! Hi, You can use as many if() functions as needed. For example, =If(B5>=C5,"G",If(B5>=D5,"R",....,"Y")) and so on. Hope this helps Regards, Emece.- "GMv1" wrote: > my formula is =IF(B5>=C5,"G","Y") I really need to add a third value of "R" > if the logical test exce...

Browse file at run time in Integration manager
How can I set up the integration so that the system prompts the user for the file at run time. I do not want the users to edit the integration to point to the right file every single time. Is there a way out? Stacey, You would need to write VBScript code in the Before Integration area. The script would use the FSO (File System Object) to prompt the user for the existing file. You would then need to copy the file to the location your source query expects the file to be. It would also need to be the same name as specified in the source query. Be aware that using this method, you can on...

Daylight Savings Time
I would like to open this thread for everyone to report any issues or problems that arise from the DST fixes. I foresee the DST fix for the offline client to be troublesome, getting them to synch/go online/offline before the upgrade isn't going to happen. Any thoughts about this fix yet? James Well, I'll be the first to jump in then I guess. I just downloaded the 4 patches (though I'll be darned if I can figure out what the 0PE files are for (I can't find any reference to them in the documentation!)) and went to apply them after reading through the documentation. I...

Add/Remove Programmes not working
I am trying to remove a programme from my computer but when I go into the Control Panel and click on Add/Remove Programmes, it does not bring up any programmes. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I remedy it? http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 337 Column 2 and Line 323 Column 1 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathy in Wolverhampton" <Kathy in Wolverhampton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E65736BB-24F2-48A6-8396-CDE83B6A5030@microsoft.com... &...

add new tables to ms crm database
Is it possible to add user tables into <organization_name>_MSCRM database. I want to store some information to these tables. My concern is will it affect/create problem to my MS CRM system? -- romeo!! It is not supported to do that . The user tables appear in database when we create custom entities with the extension of New (or what is configured by the user). You need to choose some other way. ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ What can happen if I add a table named 'duplicates'? Will the CRM application stop working or else? -- romeo!! &quo...

add new manufacturers
We have a distribution business. Since we constantly add new manufacturers to our product line. We need to constantly update and add companies to our product tables. Any suggestions that there is a utility to create these tables or suggestions on how to do? Mike Check out Integration Manager. "MJBHMWC" <mjbhmwc@micro.soft.com> wrote in message news:F9725C0F-C7D8-429D-BE4D-8806EB1B8133@microsoft.com... > We have a distribution business. Since we constantly add new manufacturers > to > our product line. We need to constantly update and add companies to our >...

Can't Add new purchases of mutual funds
I am Canadian user. Using MSMoney 2006 I have several mutual funds that I monitor and add the closing value manually weekly. I have one of the finds that has 800 units. When I try to buy new shares of this one fund I get an error message that says. "Adding this sell, Remove, or Redeem shares activity will cause the balance of **** fund held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or reverse transaction." Again I am trying to Buy shares. I tried to repair the data file and still no success. All other funds work porperly. Any help on ho...

Add 'MOVE TO INBOX' to Right-Click Menu
I realize that the Right Click Menu has a MOVE TO... option that will present the Folder Selection Dialog window, however is there a way that a 'MOVE TO INBOX' option can be created that will move the item to the inbox with out having to go through the dialog box? No. (Outlook 2010's Quick Steps will do it.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter ...

HOw DO I EMAIL AN EXEL MACRO TO ANTOEHR USER?
I have excel macro that get stored in xl file "personnel". when i open the "personneL" file i can't see any data in it. that being said how do i email a macro if i can't even see the macro file. 1. First unhide personal.xls 2. Using Notepad open a new, empty doxument 3. Using the VB editor, open the macro 4. Copy the macro into the notepad document and save the notepad file as .txt 5. Mail the .txt file as an attachment -- Gary's Student "leo" wrote: > I have excel macro that get stored in xl file "personnel". when i open the >...

Need to show continuous time in the form
hi all, In my form I want to show continous system time, it should show according to system time I tried to add text box, and in form properties - on load event text1.set focus text1.text = now() this is showing date & time when form is loaded but this is not correct , it is not changing as per system time continously pls help naveen prasad wrote: >In my form I want to show continous system time, > >it should show according to system time > >I tried to add text box, and in form properties - on load event > >text1.set focus >text1.tex...

outlook w/crm add-in vs web-client
Folks, I am rather new to MSCRM - and have scoured the posts and I am trying to figure out what are the disadvantages of using outlook w/add-in vs strictly using web client. A couple of comments from using and reading listserv: 1. If in outlook and want outlook/crm synched use buttons for performing actions (e.g. click 'CRM Appointment') - if I don't want an appointment to show up in CRM than make it in outlook... 2. I have created a large number of folders/rules to manage my inbound email (e.g. I am part of a few listservs and receive alot of eMag content - which I file ...

Can't add XP PC to wireless network setup on Vista
I set the network up on my Vista computer with WPA security. I connected to the network on wife's Vista computer, entering the network security key, no problem. I attempted to add another computer running XP, using the flash drive to transfer settings. Ran the Wireless Network Setup Wizard from the flash drive. Got a message that the operation was successful. However when I try to connect to the network, using the Wireless Network Connection, in the line for the network I set up, there is a line saying 'Validating Identity', and there is a message pointing to the wire...

Add a folder to all users' mailboxes
Hi, I'm working on a webapp that is to be launched from Outlook when a user clicks on a folder (using the default home page property for the folder). Is there a way to add this folder to all users? It will need to be added for all existing users and all new users that are created... I think that a public folder would probably be ideal, but we need this folder to show up under "Outlook Today", not under "Public Folders". thanks, - Thomas ...

Change Time Format to only seconds
Hi everyone! I have a problem in which I would like to input the time in a cell in a minutes:seconds format and in another cell I want to have the total number of seconds (so I can use it to calculate something else). For example- 1 minute and 34.56 seconds (which are 94.56 seconds) First cell-> 01:34.56 Second cell-> 94.56 Is this possible? How so? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) -- -Javier << SBS ROCKS !!! >> Excel stores times in fractions of a day. To get from time to hours, multiply by 24, to minutes, multiply by 24*60 (1440), to seconds by 24*60*60 ...

Time sheet set up specifically
I need to create a time sheet whereas I can insert the amount of time worked on a particular issue and have it add up..the catch is that it has to be rounded off to the highest 1/4 hour. For example, Time worked: 45 minutes Rounded off to : 1 hour Thank you. Hi! Hmmm.... If you want to round up to the next increment of 15, how would you handle 30 mins? 15 mins? The general formula to roundup to the next increment of 15 would be: =ROUNDUP(number/15,0)*15 Values like 45, 30, 15 would not round since they are already multiples of 15. So, if you round 45 mins up to an hour, wha...

Windows2000 Delayed emails not getting sent out on time
I have tried to do this before and it has worked, but for some reason, now when i try to click open the options button and send my emails for a later date. They are scheduled for the later date but they never go out. The icon in my OUTBOX folder is not the same, it look different. Is there any help for getting my delayed messages to send out at the date specified?? ...

One-time items don't appear in cash flow
Hi, When I attempt to add a one-time item to my cash flow, it doesn't appear. For instance, if I know I have a big expense coming up, I'd like to have it appear on the graph, but it doesn't. Advice would be appreciated. First I'd check the cash flow settings - do you have both discretionary and necessary categories listed? If the one off item is in a category that is marked as a discretionary category, and this is unchecked, then it won't show. Also, if the item is listed in bills/deposits, then check that these are included in the cash flow settings. -- Glyn Sim...

Help! I don't know how to do a time series graph with Excel 2007!
Hello all! I am taking a statistics course this semester and I have learned how computer illiterate I am in regards to using Excel! I have to make a time series graph; in column A I put ages 1-14, and in column B I put in average heights for each age in inches. My problem is when I go to "Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts have 2 lines and I have no idea how to get all the data on one line. My teacher gave me step by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003 program and I have Excel 2007 which is totally different. Any help would be appreciated!! Pam O...