How do I add numbers in visible cells using Excel 97

I need to add values in visible cells using Excel 97 using
a formula instead of adding values of each cell
individually.

Thank You

John Kennedy
0
Jken3374 (1)

If you mean your data is filtered, check out the SUBTOTAL function -- eg:

=SUBTOTAL(9,B:B)

Rgds,
Andy

--

Support Boris - visit http://www.ncadc.org.uk/letters/newszine36/boris.html

0
andy.j.brown (443)
8/16/2003 12:08:01 PM
If you are hidding the rows using a filter, then look in help at the
Subtotal worksheet function.

Other than that, there is no built in function that ignores hidden cells.
Perhaps there is a cell value condition you can check - so you could use
Sumif, use the conditional sum wizard.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

John Kennedy <Jken3374@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> I need to add values in visible cells using Excel 97 using
> a formula instead of adding values of each cell
> individually.
>
> Thank You
>
> John Kennedy

0
twogilvy (1078)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

using the journal on outlook

learning Excel #3

default values in a cell

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

outlook 97 and express email problems

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

number format with leading 0

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook