How do I add items within the last year

=sumproduct(--(year(a1:a10)=2005),b1:b10)

Adjust your range to match, but don't use the whole column.

=sumproduct() likes to work with numbers.

The -- converts trues and falses to 1's and 0's.

Kevbro7189 wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
0

How do I add the last 10 cells
If I have a column labelled, say, temperature, that is often being added to, how do I add up the last 10 cells. I want excel to do it for me automatically. I want a formula that will find the last filled-in (non blank) cell in a column and then add up the 10 entries above that. Assuming your data starts in A10, then in A9 perhaps, try the following:- =SUM(OFFSET($A$10,COUNT(A10:A9995)-10,,10)) If your data started in A15, formula would be:- =SUM(OFFSET($A$15,COUNT(A15:A10000)-10,,10)) This assumes you have no other data below this range in that column (Or at least within the COUNT range)....

Not allow items to be deleted after shipment has been confirmed
Once you confirm the packing slip is printed and in the box of the Items to be sent to the Customer, the Work Flow status of the Fulfillment Order changes to Shipped. Then the end user confirms the Shipment of the document which changes the Document Type from Fulfillment Order to Invoice and changes the Work Flow status from Shipped to Ready to Print/Post. Once the confirming of the shipment is done, we would like the system to NOT allow any end users to delete the line items on the document. Instead, they should have to enter a SOP return if the Customer decides they do not want it....

iCalendar (ics) file adds appointment even when there is a conflic
I am creating a .ics file using a .net application and sending it over email. The recepient (using Outlook 2003) is able to open the ics file and add the appointment to their calendar. The issue is that the appointment gets added even when there is a conflict (an event already exists on recepient's calendar during that time). Is there a way that user should get notified if there is a conflict during that time (which happens when using regular calendar invites). Are you creating an invite or a plain appointment? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www...

Problems with removing old Deleted Items files
Our Exchange server went from version 4.0 and is now at 5.5 w/SP4 and is running in a cluster. I have some users that, although OutLook says that there are no deleted items, and, they'll religiously delete what they do have every time that they exit OutLook, Exchange Administrator shows a lot (50-80 MB, in some cases) of Deleted Items. I understand that there was a bug with either 4.0, or, in going from 4.0 to 5.5 that would cause retention of Deleted Items? If this is my problem, how can I delete this files? Thanks! This is quite normal if you have deleted item retention enabled. ...

Disable an item in a list
Is it possible to tag an value in a listbox as not selectable i.e., greyed out. I don't want to remove the item permanently as depending on a number of things it could become selectable again. Thanks, Martin I don't think that is possible. -- Jim "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDBA66A-13A1-4D5B-BEA7-FEC3F01FD31E@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to tag an value in a listbox as not selectable i.e., greyed | out. I don't want to remove the item permanently as depending on a number of | things it could become selectable aga...

Excel
When validating a list within a cell, is it possible to link a graphic to each list item so that when the user has selected the list item, the graphic linked to that item will be displayed??? Any ideas anyone??? Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html In article <F91F319E-07D1-4867-B977-46FCB2DBD027@microsoft.com>, "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When validating a list within a cell, is it possible to link a graphic to > each list item so that when the user has selected the list item, the graphic > linked to ...

Outlook 2003 Add-In buttons stop working after remote desktop connection
All current XP and Office patches installed (not XP SP2 yet). I'm not certain of exactly how to reproduce this because it is kind of random. I have a custom addin and after accessing outlook through a remote desktop connection the addin button stops working sometimes (keeps working at other times). At first I was thinking it was something with my addin, but I noticed that the same thing happens with Import New Assignments from the Project addin for outlook. When you click on the addin button on the toolbar nothing happens - it doesn't cause an error or anything, it's just like ...

Return value based on 2 items
please help am not very good at explaining things but this is my sample list 05 p5 Q5 Customer Description Cost Tom Plow 1-6 $50.00 Tom Plow 6.1-12 $100.00 Tom Plow 12 .1-18 $150.00 Tom Plow 18.1-24 $200.00 Tom Salt $25.00 Tom Shovel 1-6 $25.00 Tom ...

Cannot add email address to contacts
When I try to add an email address to a contact, the email address will not save. I enter the email address in the proper spot in the upper right hand corner, click on either save and exit or save and the contact then only saves with the name of the contact, but no email address. I am using Outlook 2003 with XP Pro with SP 2 and the service pack for Office. My HDD crashed and I am starting over and cannot get my email addresses to save. Thanks for your help. ...

Setting company wide Deleting Deleted Items Limits
I would like to set all mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server to delete end users Deleted Items older than 30 days? How is this done? Let me know. Thanks for you replies in advance! Toni P. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q278024&ID=KB;EN-US;Q278024 On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:07:03 -0800, "tpenn" <tpenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to set all mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server to delete end >users Deleted Items older than 30 days? > >How is this done? > >Let me know. > >Thanks for you replies in adva...

count unique items
I have two columns of data. One numeric (1-12)and one text. i need to get a count of the unique text data items based on a range in the number column. For example, how many unique text items do I have that falls within the range of >=8 and less than 9. Any suggestions? hi Andrew, array formula to validate with ctrl + shift + enter =COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF(A1:A100<9,MATCH(B1:B100,B1:B100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(B1:B100))))) -COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF(A1:A100>=8,MATCH(B1:B100,B1:B100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(B1:B100))))) -- isabelle Le 2012-0...

Year curves in charts?
Hi, I'm trying to create a chart were I can view the turnover for each year. I want e.g. year 2004 to be series 1, 2005 series 2 etc. and they should be shown above each other instead og in consucutive order. The x-axis is formatted as "dd-mm" from 01-01 to 31-12. How do I do this?? Thanks Ole It sounds like you want a stacked column chart, rather than clustered (consecutive)? So if your data is arranged like this below (just the first day of each month in the example), choose the stacked column or bar chart. If the axes seem swapped from what you want change the row...

Items Not Found in Lookup Tables
I'm setting up Lookup Tables for the first time, and have gotten myself into some trouble along the way. If an item is not found in my Lookup Table, it seems to pick up the closest item alphabetically. How do I prevent this from happening? Is there anything I could put in my Lookup Table that would be a catch all for items not found, and would act as an alert to me that the table needs to be updated with new values? Thanks! There's a fourth argument that specifies that you want an exact match: =vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false) That False (or 0) tells excel to look for an exact...

Add Trans fields to A/R Detail Report
I'd like to add ReferenceNumber and Comment fields from Transaction to the Accounts Receivable Detail Report. but I don't know how to do the joins to do it. I've tried joining the transaction table but it errors out. Maybe because there's a procedure call as a table in there? Have any of you added Trans fields to the A/R Aging rpts? Thanks, Rick Brown DataBasics Never mind - there's one in the reports library. "Rick Brown" <rb@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:upHURK0dJHA.4124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'd like to add ReferenceNumbe...

2008 Leap Year
Is it just me or does Excel 2007 not handle the leap year. I had a sheet where my header labels were dates every two weeks using date + 14 days. Feb 15 + 14 is the 29th, not March 1st. Running 2007 with SPs Check your calendar again. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Siberian" <tmiller@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message Is it just me or does Excel 2007 not handle the leap year. I had a sheet where my header labels were dates every two weeks using date + 14 days. Feb 15 + 14 is the 29t...

Add a row with formula
I want a new row be created under the one I'mworking on, with the same formula as the one above (same formula for all rows). So everytime I enter text to the last row in the sheet, a new row with formula will be created under it. BTW I'm total newbie.. so please.. be gentle :) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Manually, you could just copy that last row and paste it below the last row. Then wipe out the constants in that new row. Select the r...

MS Office Live Add-in toolbar
Is there a setting anywhere to prevent the "Microsoft Office Live Add-in" toolbar from loading ever time excel is started? I have tried deselecting in Tools > Customize to no avail. Sandy Hi Sandy, Follow this link http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?familyid=91FE0002-EB00-434B-8726-27911326D2B2&displaylang=en Scroll to the bottom and read "To uninstall this download". Regards Paul "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:A8AAAF2B-9BD0-4415-8912-84B45D945CB3@microsoft.com... > Is there a setting anywhere...

How to generate report based on Item descriptions
Hi, I have a unique situation to deal with. We are a pharmacy and a convenience store. I am trying to track prescriptions paid at the register thru RMS. I have assigned a lookup code of 99 for prescriptions( the rx numbers are unique for every prescription). When the customer pays for their Rx, the cashier usually changes the description with the prescription number. Now I would like to pull this information to check that all prescriptions were paid for. I have already gone into the administrator and looked in a lot of tables to see where this information might be residing but have ...

how do i view for follow up flagged items in favourites
i accidentely removed "For follow up" flagged items from favourite hw do i get it back pls mark a copy of reply to srivathsa.alva@tatamotors.com Go to the Search Folders section of your folder tree, expand it, right click on For Follow Up and choose Add to Favorites "vathsa" <vathsa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3086883-ADCB-400F-817D-5F4831EB0DE7@microsoft.com... >i accidentely removed "For follow up" flagged items from favourite hw do i > get it back ...

Add in Streets and Trips to CRM
Hi there, We would like to incorporate Microsoft Streets and Trips within CRM. Is this possible? Our goal is to provide an easy way for Techs to get directions to the Clients site without having to maneuver between multiple applications. What would be ideal is if Streets and Trips software was available from the Account/Contact form. Thank you. Natalie Hi, Natalie, This doesn't exactly answer your question, but you can use Microsoft CRM data and port it over to MapPoint. There is an article that explains this at: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/sales/salestripplan....

Archiving Outlook 2003 Calendar Items
I am having problems archiving my Outlook 2003 Calendar items -- my calendar folder is now 64 Mb and I need to shrink it. Any advice on how to get this working? Please describe the problems you are having. What exactly have you done and why do you think it did not work? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "jsquires30143" <jsquires30143@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Unable to see GAL within Outlook event id 9337
INFO: 1 * Windows Server 2003 (SP1) DC/GC/DNS 1 * Windows Server 2003 (SP1) Exchange Member Server 2003 SP1 Dcdiag and netdaig run clean. I bumped up the logging on DSACCESS and all is good. I am able to open a new mail and put in a part of a person name and have it resolve from the GAL. And OWA works, when I try to resolve a name from the GAL. I just cant see the GAL via Outlook 2003 (not in cached mode) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Generator Event ID: 9337 Date:...

Backordered Line Items don't Print on Pick Tickets?
Backordered Line Items don't Print on Pick Tickets? They print on the order and the packing slip but not the pick ticket. Is this normal and is there a way of changing this? Thanks ...

IE/Windows Sound Issue-File/Sound item repair?
This is a follow up to my previous post but a different question, looking for a different response. I have tested mostly all windows sounds using the sound tab in the device manager (where you can change sounds for events in windows). All of the windows sounds I tested work EXCEPT for the sound "windows navigation" which explains why I do not hear the "click" sound." (When I click the test button to test the sound, no sound is produced). Is there a way to repair/reinstall this sound file in any way? I am using Windows 7 upgraded from Windows Vista 64 ...

keeping track of matrix items
Im setting up a golf store. For each club such as a driver we set up a matrix item. Then add each variation to the matrix item (such as loft and shaft). Each item has a unique UPC on the product so most of the time they just scan it in and ring it up. Is it possible to keep track of how many of a particular driver they sold, the sales report will show each item variation (i.e. 4 9 degree reg, 6 10 stiff, etc.) But the customer would like to know how many of Driver X he sold regardless of the variations. Any thoughts? Perhaps Im overlooking something again. YES we have a module RR...