How do I add a zero in front of a number in general format?

When I type a number in the "General" format with a zero in front of the
numbers and move to the next cell, the zero disappears.  I want the zero to
be in front of the number.

How do I fix this?
0
DVS1 (2)

Format the range with the required  number of zeroes, such as 000.

--

HTH

RP

"dvs" <dvs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I type a number in the "General" format with a zero in front of the
> numbers and move to the next cell, the zero disappears.  I want the zero
> be in front of the number.
>
> How do I fix this?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

number rounding in MS Excel

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Fractions Number format

Phone Number Filtering

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Rounding Numbers #3

Need to add to current formula

Date format 04-11-06

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Format List Box!

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Entering More than 15 numbers
I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in length. When I do this (or even if I enter over the 15 character limit) I get an overflow number. How do I enter or import numbers greater than 15 digits and have it display the entire number. I am using Office XP. precede with an apostrophe to get text, Excel's limit for numbers is 15 digits precision -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308101c428be$93500a10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in > lengt...