How do I add a Trendline to a Pivot Chart

How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart?  Help

Thanks

Leroy
0
anonymous (74722)

Maybe rightclick on one of the series lines in the chart and select Add
TrendLine.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Add Remove print out.
Hi, I need to be able to print out a list of all my installed programs. I go to control panel (IE8) and view the Add/Remove programs page. It scrolls so not all is showing on one screen. I need a printout of all. Is it possible to get a print out, is there a program I can get to do this? This is very important to me, please help. TIA. On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:03:20 GMT, "Mario" <imnot@home.com> wrote: > Hi, > I need to be able to print out a list of all my installed programs. > I go to control panel (IE8) and view the Add/Remove programs page....

How do I add a newsgroup account to WLM?
I am trying to add a Newsgroup account to WLM. I am at the point where you enter an NNTP server. I don't know how to configure this. Please help so I can leave you alone. Thanks in advance. Not knowing what NGs you're trying to add . . . . . you can put "msnews.microsoft.com" in there, and on the Advanced tab, enter 119 as the port - that should get you to the Microsoft Communities newsgroups. "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15CC44DC-56E5-4560-9FD0-50EBBEAD2F14@microsoft.com... > I am trying to add a Newsg...

PDF Add-in for Excel 2003
Hi, Excel 2007 has a feature which enables you to create a PDF document from the spreadsheet. Is there an add-in available for Excel 2003 that does the same thing? I am aware of PDF writer applications which work by sending the printed output to piece of software, but this is not what i'm looking for. So please do not reply, suggesting software similar to Cute PDF, PDF 995 or PDF Redirect. These programs do not give us the desired output, so I am only interested in add-ons which are similar to the 2007 feature. Chris. Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:38:00 -0800 from Kentucky <Kentucky@di...

pivot tables show zeros
I have a great povit table however, I would like to have a 0 (Zero) to show were there is no value. Right-click on a cell in the pivot table Choose Table Options Check the box for 'For empty cells show' In the box, type a zero Click OK sueanne wrote: > I have a great povit table however, I would like to have a 0 (Zero) to show > were there is no value. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Povit tables I mean. I know I have do this in the past Looking in the format area. "sueanne" wrote: > I have a gre...

Pie Charts #10
I need a pie chart to show quarterly data for 5 different departments. Each quarter will display in it's own pie chart. Each of the 4 quarterly pie charts will be sized proportionately to the year end total. A fifth pie chart will display the TTL data for each department. Is this at all possible? Is there a better way to show such data? Qtr 1 Qtr 2 Qtr 3 Qtr 4 TTL Dept 1 10 30 20 15 75 Dept 2 15 25 25 20 85 Dept 3 20 20 15 30 85 Dept 4 25 15 8 30 78 Dept 5 30 10 19 35 94 100 100 87 130 417 Thank you in advance! V On Aug 6, 3:57=A0pm, valerie <vgar...@carletonls.com> wrote: &...

Sort Order in Pivot Table
Hi, It looks like the original sort order is lost when I pivot a table. Is there any way to preserve the original sort order? Thanks, Geoffrey By the way, I am referring to Excel 2003. "Geoffrey Zhu" wrote: > Hi, > > It looks like the original sort order is lost when I pivot a table. Is there > any way to preserve the original sort order? > > Thanks, > Geoffrey You can create a custom list, and the pivot table will sort in that order: Type the list on the worksheet Select the list Choose Tools>Options Select the Custom List tab Click the Import bu...

Excel 2003- how do I keep the pattern formatting on a pivot chart?
After selecting all the tables and unchecking the autoformat table, I notice that the autoformat table is unchecked and grayed out when selecting the options while viewing the charts. However when I refresh the data the pattern defaults back to flat? -- Steve S. ...

Format Chart based on data
I have built a chart from a simple spreadsheet of data. Here is an example of the data: Group1 13.77 Group2 15.86 Group3 12.11 I want the chart (bar style) to show each bar in Blue that corresponds to a value greater than 13. All other bars (<13) should be red. Is that possible? Also, I want to draw a line across the chart at 13 to show the "benchmark". http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Custom entity add businessunit attribute #2
I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with businessunits. There is an attribute named owningbusinessunit but that attribute is not selectable under forms and view ---> form ---> add fields What have I done wrong or it is the way Microsoft CRM works? Don't worry! This is a system field and cannot be added onto the form. You can add a custom business unit field by creating a new attribute. HTH, Niths "刀客" wrote: > I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with > businessunits. There > is an attribute named owni...

Renaming Cells linked to Pivot Tables
Hey guys, Is there a way to rename the field heading that are linked to th pivot tables, so when I click update data, it just takes on the ne name. Right now if I just rename the heading, the pivot falls apart.... any ideas? Thanks! :confused -- gsimmons200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2638 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46689 click on the title of the row/column in the pivot (so the data is not highlighted) and chan...

Trendline of multiple series
Is there anyway I can create a trendline that incorporates thre different sets of data on the same graph? : -- geooi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geooil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27890 Hi, You would need to add an extra data series that incorporated all 3 sets of data. You could then add a trendline to this single data series. The additional data series can be formatted, no pattern or border, so it does not appear on the...

Places COM Add-in for Excel XP?
Ive installed the addin for excel 2000 on my version of excel 2002 (xp) and it doesn't work. Does anyone know if this addin is available for Excel 2002? Or of another addin which does the same thing? Thanks Adam With Excel 2002 you don't need the Places add-in. You can add folders via the Tools drop down in the Open dialog. And you can remove items by the popup menu when you right-click them. You can also change to "small icons" with the right-click menu. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Automatic flow chart generation
Back in the dark ages, late 1999 and 2000, I was using Visio to produce system flow diagrams. Visio had the capability for me to enter the input file names, the program name and the output file names into a built-in form (multiple entries, lots and lots, it was a table, really). It would then create the flowchart automatically. I haven't used Visio much since then. I am now tasked with doing something similar and I have a nice, new version of Visio and I cannot figure out where/how to do the same thing in Visio 2003. Can any one help me, please. TIA Mary Lynn -- I think the Visio ...

Chart gridlines over an area graph
Good morning! I have an excel chart with an area graph. When I add gridlines to the chart the lines do not show over the colored area portion of the graph. i found a button for droplines which added the Y axis lines, but have found nothing that will show the X axis lines through the graph. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Have a GREAT day! brenda Hi, You will need to draw the gridlines yourself using additional data series. For horizontal gridlines you could use a series for each line, changing the y value for each series. Or a single series plotted as xyscatter. The x value woul...

pivot tables
I have a question about pivot tables-- I have a dataset in Excel with the columns NAME, DEBIT, CREDIT, and BALANCE. The info was originally drawn from a QuickBooks database. Debit and credit are from individual entries, and I have them Summed. However, Balance is a "running balance" field in QBooks, but, when I put it into a pivot table, I cannot find a way to get ti to show only the LAST entry for a given grouping. For instance, this is a sample of the data before converting it to a ptable: Name Debit Credit Balance 1301 ROCHEBLAVE 0.00 10,372,408.47 1301 ROCHEBLAVE 1,425.00...

Cannot disable exisitng or add New user in MSCRM 4
Hi I hit an error trying to disable this CRM user A. Same thing applies when I register another new domain user in MSCRM 4. There is a general error message saying that "Error has occured ...". No event log captured. FYI, this new user just joined our company recently. I can register and disabled others users with no problem. However, I got no problem with both in MSCRM 3. Appreciate for all help. Thank in advance. Not sure if this will help but I also received this general error message when trying to add a user to our CRM 4.0 implentation. The problem turned out t...

Pivot table and percentage
I have an excel spreadsheet with the following information: SCHOOL, PERSON, SUBJ, COURSE_TYPE, COURSE, SECTION, TERM, OUTSIDE_RANGE AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 01, 200508, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 102, 01, 200508, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1G, 601, 70, 200508, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 01, 200601, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 02, 200601, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 03, 200601, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 01, 200608, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 102, 01, 200608, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 103, 01, 200608, 0 I want to be able to have in a pivot table the following: Page TERM Rows SCHO...

How to add company name in activitylist of home page?
Thanks Chris Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or account name. therefore, when going to the home page all activities will start with "ABC Company - call Bob about deal " etc, etc Hi Mike Could you be a bit more specific? How can i do this? Thanks! Christian Mike wrote: > Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is > created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or > account name. therefore, when going to the home page al...

how to add additional condition?
Hi all, I would like to make the cell with four conditions. Excel only provides three conditons. How do I add another condition? Say, I would like to have: If cell >= 88.1, cell becomes blue If cell is greater than 85.7 or smaller than 88.1, cell becomes yellow. If cell is between 83.8 and 85.7, turn the cell to pink If cell is between 20 and 83.8, turn the cell to red. Please help. Thank you in advance!!!! yakou 3 conditional formats plus the default = 4 possible formats. So set the default format to blue, then use the 3 conditional formats for the 3 between x and y conditions...

Non-number value in Charts
I am trying to make a non-number value show up in a column chart. The chart is automatically showing any non-number value as zero. This is fine, however I would like the Display Data Labels to show the value that is displayed in the cell. How do I do this? I think you're actually wanting to display either series name, or category name. If you just want custom labels on individual data points/columns, you'll need to manually edit the labels yourself by selecting the value, then clicking again (aka, a slow double click). -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes&qu...

Pie Pie or Pie Bar Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel These charts appear in the chart gallery yet the methods to implement them are not obvious to me. Been through all the Mac Excel 2008 help (including on line) - no luck. How does one format or specify the data table so that a component of the main pie will be broken down in the secondary pie or bar? Excel 2008 Help on charts really is one of the better aspects of Help in the 2008 suite, but it does fall short in some areas... That's one of them. Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA...

excel charts #4
Hi, I have 2 sets of data for times. I can plot the chart data onto an excel bar chart and see the results, no problem. However I'd like to compare the 2 sets of times. i.e. I'd like to have two bars, side by side for each of the times. i.e. A1=1 secs A2=2 secs B1=4 secs B2=5 secs Right now I can plot all the A1,B1, ... N1 values but I don't know how to put the results for A2, B2, ... N2 beside each of those for the A1, B1,...N1 etc. Am I right in thinking I just have to change the data range? Or do I need somethign else? i can use the wizard or whatever it takes to redraw th...

Pivot tables: What are they?
Greetings, In all my years of Excel-dom, I have never used pivot tables, and have only the rawest understanding of what they are. I got the impression from skimming the Excel help that they are useful if you have several batches of data in multiple tables, but they are set up to take up only the space of one table based on a selection key...or something like that. (For instance, Excel can contain three M x N sets of data, but the user must select a key of some kind and then Excel will display the proper data set, such as M1 x N1, etc.) At least that is my understanding of it. If anyone co...

how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don't in.
(Excel:) How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do not interfere with the text in those labels? Hi, Double click the data labels and set the Patterns Area colour to be the same as the plotarea colour. Cheers Andy peterk wrote: > (Excel:) > How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do > not interfere with the text in those labels? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Peter - Or you could double click the gridlines and change their color to the faintest gray in the palette (you've alr...

add controls on the fly/dynamically
Hi All. I use this code to rename the tabs of multipage control on a userform. Sub page() For Each Cell In Sheets("Data").Range("major_streams") frm_daily_entry.MultiPage1.Pages.Add Cell.Text Next End Sub The problem I have is that when creating the tabs on the fly I als have to create other controls on the fly too, specifically Labels textboxes. The Labels & Textboxes will be defined by looking up the caption of th current tab (on sheet1) and adding however many label/Textboxes tha are required (one for every item under the heading on the sheet). Anyone have...