How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?

I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an
individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in
the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want
the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink.

Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary.

   Thanks,

        Rosalie
0
Rosalie (2)

Hi Rosalie,

You can't do that in  Excel.

You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means.

You could fake it,  the entire cell would be a link, but you could
after assigning the hyperlink    select another cell
and use the  copy format button to remove the underscoring
on the formula bar for the portion you don't want it,  and change
the color to black with the paint bucket also on the formula bar
for the part you don't want to look like a formula..

--
---
HTH,

"Rosalie" <Rosalie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD805505-9FCB-4759-A9F7-201B3D87E1F8@microsoft.com...
> I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an
> individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in
> the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want
> the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink.
>
> Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary.
>
>    Thanks,
>
>         Rosalie

Another way to do fake it is to add a rectangle that covers the word.  (Hide the
borders, but assign the link to that rectangle.)

And format the word nicely like David McRitchie wrote.

(You could even put multiple rectangles over different words so that it looks
like the cell has multiple links.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Check current cell is empty
Hi, I'm getting stuck... If I enter some new data in Sheet2, column A, then this cell will be copied to last cell of sheet 1 columnA automatically. This task can be done now IF the data is overwriting some existing data, no need to copy. my logic is if the active cell is empty, and the target column is 1, then do the copy and paste. else, do nothing The question is: how can I check the current cell is empty? Thank you in Advance Bobocat Sub tester() If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then MsgBox "Activecell Is Empty" Else MsgBox "Activecell Is Not Empty&quo...

move cell contents

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

visible cell only

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

help with simple maths in excel

hyperlinking email addresses

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...