How do I add a floating text box in Excel?

I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets.  There are certain
things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to
the end of the spreadsheet.  How can I create a floating text box in Excel
and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet?
0
Prashant (13)

MS has lots of templates at:
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery

And there's always google!

--

Dave Peterson
0

How can I print to size in Excel?
I am trying to print Excel tables and object (e.g. 10 cm x 10 cm squares) to exact size, however, the printout is always scalled differently. MS Word is printing it correctly, but I need to print the tables in Excel in exact size. Any idea of any settings to solve this? Hello- Have you checked Page Setup to make sure Scaling isn't set to less than 100%? You might also have separate settings for your printer that are causing a 'fit-to-page' effect. Regards |:>) "Bashar" wrote: > I am trying to print Excel tables and object (e.g. 10 cm x 10 cm squares) to...

Check COlumn
Hi, In excel VBA code, I have: If ActiveCell.Column =1 Then Msg "It is Column A Only" Else Msg "It is NOT Column A" End If But How can I check if the selection is actually More than Column A. Example: When user select cell in column A (A11) and cell in column B (B11), if use above code, it will still prompt "It is Column A Only". I want to avoid that because B11 is included. I think I should have something like: If ActiveCell.Column =1 Then ' Check if there is other column included If there is other column than column A included M...

using Forms and VBA within Excel
I need to develop an application with Excel which will include Forms and VBA code. I have done small projects like this before but this will be significantly larger with 6-10 forms and navigation (via command buttons) between the forms. I have heard rumors that forms within Excel can be troublesome (e.g. they can disappear without warning). I have never had problems with this before. But still wanted to ask the community - are there know issues with using Forms and VBA within Excel. The main functionality of the app will be to validate and capture data, store the data in Excel a...

How to load Analysis Tool Pak from Excel
My school sold us a 3-disk pack for Windows XP. I am trying to inmstall this extra Excel feature (Analysis ToolPak) to no success. How do I know which cd has this package. If you have Office XP (or any other office) it's cd number 1, first open excel, do tools>add-ins, then check Analysis ToolPak, keep the cd handy and follow the instructions ( I believe it even tells you whcih cd to pop in) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "A" <migaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0cfb01c391f9$ab3976e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My school sold us a 3-disk pack for Windows XP. I am trying...

Excel #33
how do i set up $(230) for negative values instead of "-" in excel On Aug 3, 9:37=A0am, SGM <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i set up $(230) for negative values instead of "-" in excel On way: Format > Cells > Number > Accounting. If negative brackets are not available in the Format>Cells>Number>Number>Negative Numbers dialog. This is a function of your Regional Settings in Windows OS. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Regional and Language Settings>Regional Options>Customize>Currency>Negative Currency F...

In Excel, how do you copy and paste just the subtotals into anoth.
When I have a spreadsheet with subtotals, sometimes I just want to copy the subtotals into another sheet and forget about what is being summed to give me the subtotal. How do I copy and paste only the subtotals. Hi if you're talking about the situation where if rows are hidden (through the data / subtotals function) when you select just the subtotals and copy & paste them onto another sheet all the hidden rows come too, if so: collapse the outline so only the subtotals are visible select the area containing the subtotals and then choose edit / goto and click the special button ...

How can I show Feet and inches in a Excel cell?
How can I show Feet and inches in a Excel cell? I'd like to calculate Feet and inches in a Excel sheet Excel is metric like all sensible people or things <bg>, but I would put feet and inches in separate but adjacent cells, then you have to convert them to decimale and do the calculation and then convert them back again http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fractex1.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Magama13" wrote: > How can I show Feet and inches in a Excel cell? > I'd like to calculate Feet and inches in a Excel sheet ...

Excel link to website not working
Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet at work that contains links to an internal company website. Each of these links contains a query string. My problem is that the query string is being ignored when I click on the link. Here's an example link.. http://my-parr/parr/req?action=taggedmain&projid=26&tag_id=2 When I click on the link I get redirected to the main page of the site I am trying to go to. If I copy and paste the url into the browser it works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks, John Gadbois Access works really well for linking to a HTML page. check it out. in access, righ...

Drop down list change to check box
My Member Visiting field have a drop down list I like to change this to a check box. How do I change this? Thanks KN To do that one you'll have to delete the combo and add a checkbox and bind the checkbox to the field (if it is the right datatype) for a Yes/No data type. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "knock" wrote: > My Member Visiting field have a drop down list I like to change this to a > check box. > How do I change this? > > Thanks > KN ...

Excel multiple selections
I have a report that is updated each day. Within one field I have the possibility of many values that need to be added into it. I have been trying to get a combo box to return multiple selections from a listing I have created but it will only return one. How do I make it return multiple selections? Or should I be using another tool to do this? Regards, Trev I think you need to post a little more information. Are you saying your combo box only displays one item? or you need to select multiple items from your combo box? -- Bob Sweet Bsweet123@email.uophx.edu "Trev" <Trevor.Bi...

Excel VBA
To count unique values in a column in a range we can use: =SUMPRODUCT((Table!D2:D1000<>"")/(COUNTIF(Table!D2:D1000,Table!D2:D1000)+(Table!D2:D1000=""))) That is if the data range is around 1k+ but what if i want to coun lets say 60k records?? i tried using the above function to count 10 records and it hangs. Does anyone have solution to count up to 60 records? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Give the following a try. I didn't write it, so it'll probably work ;) Cheers Sub ExtractUniqueList() Dim wksList As Worksheet Dim rngList As Range...

doing my accpounts on excel
when I try to enter a number in acolumn, the date comes up! how do I just go about numbering each row 1,2,3,4 etc. for future reference? Hi Mike Sounds like the column has been formatted as Date. Select the Column>Format>Cells>Number>General If you would like the rows to be numbered automatically, if there is something in column B of the row for example, then in A2 (assuming you have headers in row 1, enter =IF(B2="","",ROW()) and copy down -- Regards Roger Govier "mike samuels" <mike samuels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Excel files not opening
Double click on a word or other doc on the desktop, opens word and the file, nop probs Do the same thin on an excel doc, excel opens ok, but the file does not?!?!?! To open the file i need to go, file, open, whatever.xls Happens on all excel files Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' >-----Original Message----- >Double click on a word or other doc on the desktop, opens word and the file, >nop probs >Do the same thin on an excel doc, excel opens ok, but the file does >not?!?!?! To open the file i need to go, file, o...

How do I add a seperator?
I have developed an ADDIN in VC++ that adds a new command bar to Microsoft Outlook. The command bar contains two buttons. (CComQIPtr < Office::_CommandBarButton> cmdButton) I want to add a seperator b/w these two buttons.Can someone help me to do this. Code snippets would be of great help. Thanks. Take a look at the CommandBarButton.BeginGroup property.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming = issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via = web interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defau...

How to get a Dial-up Connection dialog box?
I just got Outlook 2003 with new laptop which I carry back and forth to work. I use the same ISP at both locations, but with different dial-up phone numbers. When I launch Internet Explorer, I get a "Dial-up Connection" dialog box that lets me select which phone number to use. I want to get that same dialog box if I'm not already online and I launch Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out a way to get Outlook to give it to me. I had Outlook Express on my old laptop, and it gave me the same dialog box as IE. Is that function no longer available? -- Friday714 Set th...

email as pdf print area excel 2007
I've found a flaw in excel 2007. when I filter a column in excel; I can then set the print area and launch a print preview to see the selected area of data. If I choose to send & email as a pdf instead; the same print area suddenly turns into many pages because the capture ignores my filtered area. Technically speaking; both outputs shoud get you the same data. I cannot replicate this behaviour in 2007 Saveas>PDF gives me only the filtered list. I don't know what to suggest but i don't think it's a bug in Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On F...

Excel 2003 documents migration to 2007
Hello Excel Mania.... :) I have project to convert a lot of Excel 2003 documents to Excel 2007, including its macro and chart. After I surfed some website which mostly got explanation about changes between thoose version, I hardly find a complete explanation to deal with this problem, I mean the straight bold explanation to convert, not only to analyze the differences. Any advise ?, refference site or application ? Thanks -- Chaos organized believer Hi Eldi If you want to create 2007 files from your xls files and there are a lot of them you can use this http://www.labnol.org/softwa...

Error while opening an excel file without having saved it
This error is coming when I try to open directly an extracted excel file without having saved it. Why ??? ''A DDE error has occured and a description of the error cannot be displayed because it is too long. If the filename or path is long, try remaining the file or copying it to a different folder'' On Apr 15, 11:13=A0pm, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Thiserroris coming when I try toopendirectly an extractedexcelfile > without having saved it. Why ??? > > ''A DDEerrorhas occured and a description of theerrorcannot be displayed...

Import. existing user names from Excel to a distrib. list
Hi All: (Exch 5.5 on NT4 server, SP6) We're given a task to create a distribution list which will contain 700 users. The user names are on the exel file, all are existing members of the GAL. It would be a daunting task to manually extract those names from the GAL one-by-one (to the distrib. list). Is there any way to dump those names from excel file to the new distrib. list? Any advice much appreciated. --BOB ...

VBA Borders in Excel 2007
The code below is designed to put medium outline and thin inside borders on each page of a mulitpage excel worksheet. It used the BeforePrint event to do this. It worked in Excel 2003 but in 2007 on a 2 page worksheet when it calls Sub MixedBorders the bottom medium border gets erased on the first page. What do I need to change? Or is this a bug in 2007? Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) FormatBeforePrint End Sub Public Sub FormatBeforePrint() Dim startRow As Long Dim endRow As Long Dim startColumn As Integer Dim endCo...

With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter while protecting sheet, how?
With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to make it happen? You can right click on the auto filter button and click Format cell Select protection tab and make sure it is NOT locked. Now when you protect the sheet it should allow the filter to work while still protected. Hope this does the trick. Jennifer "Song" wrote: > With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to > make it happen? Thanks, Jennifer, but the filter button doesn't work once you protect the sheet. I am using excel 2000, I am not sure i...

Opening Microsoft Excell via http link from web
We have several web pages that with frames that link to an excel file on a file server. With the windows explorer option selected to "browse in same browswer", when the link is clicked, the file opens without any excel toolbars. Is there a way to 1) manually turning turn on the toolbars 2) automatically always display a toolbar Thank you in advance for any help Jim Hofmeister ...

macro to insert row and copy previous row + excel
I have a named range First_Table (A5:AB30 ) and a named range End_Table (A30). I would like to insert a row above the named range End_Table (A30). Then copy the contents and formula from cells F29:AB29 into the new row. However every time I run the macro it seems to insert the new row in a different place which is messing up my data. Can anyone help me please? -- Laura Always post your code. HTH Otto "Biffo" <Biffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B60286F-5DAD-478A-B98A-417F5EA61A7D@microsoft.com... > I have a named range First_Table ...

Grouping columns in excel
H, I've used the grouping function in the past to make a series of columns collapsable. This has been very useful for reading and cross referencing in documents with lots of columns. Now I have a document with few columns, but each column is very wide. I want to give column its own plus and minus button so that I can close any column, or selection of columns, as I need. If I try to do this, unsurprisingkly with a feature called "group", all the columns are added to the first plus/minus button. Is there any way that I can give each column its own plus/minus button? Tha...

Select Excel files by formula
Each of my Excel file names is a customer's last name. I print reports with the customer name down the left side and information about that customer (for example: has a certain task been completed by the forecast date?) in multiple columns to the right of the customer name. Each column has a formula similar to the one below: =IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $B$12="failed","F",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $N$28<>"?","---------",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'!$M$28<$AA$2,"! ! ! ! !&...