How do I access the Document recovery task pane in Excel

The Document Recovery task pane (where previous versions of files that have
been saved using the auto recovery feature are stored) does not seem to
appear each time I go into Excel. How do I force this task pane to appear on
the screen.

On one occasion, I went to the length of re-installing Office and it
appeared again when I first entered Excel. This time I did the same and even
that didn,t work ?

I am using Office 2003 Professional
0
AndyG (10)

I think that this is one of those things you have no control over.

If excel/windows crashed, then the next time you start up excel, it's smart
enough to notice that something bad happened and shows you those options.

But if nothing bad happened when you closed excel, those recovery files are
deleted.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Document Recovery
I just deleted an excel file without saving it (ever). Is there any way to find it on my computer? How can you delete it if you never saved it? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "TJB" <TJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A46FC3FA-E8AA-46AB-AF0E-2260F094AC22@microsoft.com... >I just deleted an excel file without saving it (ever). Is there any way to > find it on my computer? Got you, you mean you closed a workbook without ever saving it, no there is ...

Inserting excel doc into ppt
Is there a way to insert a sheet or info from a sheet from excel into powerpoint? I have a program outline I want to insert into my presentation. PP 2007 Here is one way to do it:- 1. I have a Title Only slide on the screen in front of me. 2. Insert / Text group / Object / Insert Object pop up window launches / click on the Create from file radio button / Browse / in the File name: field type in the full path of where your file is and its name / Open / OK. 3. The sheet from the targeted Workbook will now be pulled into your Presentation. Re-size as desired. 4. ...

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

Concurrency with Access
Hi, I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via linked tables. I also have .NET forms application that also talks to the SQL DB. I want to know how to handle concurrency in the .NET app. I don't want to have to change the Access app though Is there a method that would work for both Access and .NET? Malcolm On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:52:19 +1000, "Rotsey" <malcolm_smith@RemoveThis.optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via >linked tables. > >I also have .NET forms application that also talks to...

Export Report To Excel
XP, Office 2007 I have a report that when run basically tells us the part number, how many are in stock, and how many we need to make to complete a particular order. There are several order dates to each part, so the rows repeat themselves for each of the order dates. There are total fields on the report that show how many parts need to be made if the customer orders more than what is on hand; all the calculations are done in the report itself. I was able to use a macro to filter everythihg down to show for each part number the first due date for parts that need to be manufactured an...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Missing Measures in .cub file created in Excel
After using Excel's Offline OLAP features which create a local cube file (.cub), many of the desired measures which I included in the wizard setup are not displayed. I'm looking for a reason for this. The data populating this cube file is from a virtual cube, so background calculations take place. I considered that those measures requiring calculation would not be included once seperated from the original virtual cube... but many calculated measures WERE included so I don't think that's the complete explination. I've varied the measures included in the .cub file...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Turning off all Automatic Formatting in Excel 2003
Hi Is there any way of turning off all automatic formatting in Excel 2003? For example Excel automatically changes strings such as 1-12 in a CSV file to 1-Dec, 10-10-2005 to 10/10/2005 and strings of numbers to an exponential representation. These changes are preserved when saving the file and thus corrupting it, preventing any other applications from reading it. I know you can import CSVs changing all the fields to text using the data import option, however reopening it and saving causes Excel to make the same changes again. Any suggestions would be really appreciated as this is caus...

How do I prevent Excel from replacing path in hyperlink when saved
I´ve created a hyperlink in a cell using the Insert Hyperlink option. I'm using the path (F:\myfile.txt). When I save the document, the hyperlink changes to (\\MyServer\MyPath\myfile.txt). Is it possible to prevent this, because if the servername is changed in the future the link won't work Regards Rico Use the =HYPERLINK() function: =HYPERLINK("F:\myfile.txt","myfile") -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200810 "Rico B. Raben" wrote: > I´ve created a hyperlink in a cell using the Insert Hyperlink option. I'm > using the path (...

How do I enter a decimal in a string of numbers in Excel? Example.
Please post your question in the BODY of the message, not the subject line, and clarify with an example of the initial data and what you want to end up with. If it's to translate 123 to 1.23, you divide by 100. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:03:07 -0800, Joy <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Deleting rows in Excel based on criteria
Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the macro and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. >and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. last column IV ?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "SteveM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05ac01c3afb9$b76f96a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a > criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the > macro an...

Programmatically sign Excel VBA macro
My goal is to programmatically sign an Excel VBA macro. I have a certificate. I have code to programmatically create an Excel macro. Word 2002 has access to the Office SignatureSet collection (ActiveDocument.Signatures which prompts the user to select a certificate via the Add method of the SignatureSet collection, which is an interface--not a class--in the Office Interop PIA). Excel does not have a get_Signatures. Why not?! Who cares, I don't want to prompt the user to identify a certificate from the store anyway. Now, I'm thinking, if I had something like SignCode.exe fro...

Net Work Days in Access?
Hello all, Is there a way in access to obtains the difference in work days between two dates, similar to DateDiff only excluding weekends (and holidays)? Excel has this as NetWorkDays. I have this column: EDays: DateDiff("d",[timein],[timeout]) Which works OK except that it includes weekends. Thank You, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? ...

convert from excel to adobe
Hello - I tried to convert from Excel to adobe and it ended up with black background and no words. I tested to convert from MS Word and webpage to adobe - no problem. I suspected that it had to do with the Excel setting for Adobe conversion. Where can I fix the setting in Excel to make it normal to convert it into adobe? I saw "change conversion setting" under Adobe on the menu in Excel application but i don't know which one is the problem in the setting. Thanks, Krae ...

Knowledge Base Document 862303
In an earlier post dated 9 December, I asked about resolving a register that has "server failure 111 while attempting to create a journal entry." A reply posted referred to this link. I've not yet received my log on info to access the PartnerSource (my application to become an RMS partner was fax'ed a few weeks ago). Any chance someone could send me this document as an attachment? https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;862303 Thanks, Rick rbiservices@comcast.net ...

Problem opening Excel 2003 in a Small Business edition
When i open excel ,it appears a window "installing:function of Excel" Its seems like installing a new function of Excel , it last a few seconds and then we can work wiht it. How can i eliminate this Hi, You could try looking into your tools>Add-ins to determine what function packs are being loaded when you start Excel. If this is poiting to an add-in on a network drive, it could be what is causing the delay. You can try this by unchecking each option in turn and closing and re-opening Excel. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar ""installing:function of Excel"...

User access via remote desktop
I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client, they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login error if trying to login via remote desktop. Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user, they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client. Any ideas why this would occur? Thx, Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files? I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other users'. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

How do I update Excel 2000 macros to work in Excel 2002?
Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel 2000, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". How do I update the macro to work in Excel 2002? Hi normally the macro should work without a problem. Best to post the part of your code which generates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BobPetrich" <BobPetrich@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CF34907-0A45-4392-8F04-556EFB1F89E4@microsoft.com... > Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel > 2000, I get a...

How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i.
I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on same spreadsheet. Can anyone help? Spent way to long trying to figure out correct formula. =A30*80% assuming totals in A30 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect Landscaping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ACF893B-54DF-4EE4-A931-3BB5FA365821@microsoft.com... > I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 2...

prevent user access other mailboxes
Hello, I have inherited a small business network running exchange 5.5 with outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that even users with basic network rights (e.g domain user) can access other users' mailboxes by going: Tools -> Email Accounts -> View and Change existing email accounts -> Next -> Change (with Microsoft Exchange server highlighted) -> More Settings -> Advanced tab -> Add, where they can search and add other users' accounts. Is there a way I can prevent that for the regular users (e.g. basic domain user rights)? Thank you, DN DN, HAve a look at th...