How do extract cells from hundreds of excel files and put in one n

I need to extract expense totals from employee expense reports and put in to
one file for import then in to the payroll system fo reimbursement.

Lots of unanswered, but needed information with this question.  Generally
this can be done relatively easily, with a big "IF" - and that IF is whether
all of the files you'd be examining (the employee expense reports) have the
same format, content and layout.

Get in touch with me via email through (remove spaces)
Help From @ jlatham site.com
and we can gather some more information and probably have a solution in your
hands before the weekend is over, if you're willing to work on weekends!  Be
sure to remind me in the email of what you need to do, and attaching a sample
employee expense report or two wouldn't be a bad idea - change private info
on it to 'protect the guilty' and help prevent exposure of that data.

"Chris D" wrote:

> I need to extract expense totals from employee expense reports and put in to
> one file for import then in to the payroll system fo reimbursement.

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Excel 2007

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

move cell contents